Mcalester Ammo Plant hunters?
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
TONTO 17-Oct-13
HarrisOK 17-Oct-13
oksniper 18-Oct-13
Stinkbait1 18-Oct-13
17-Oct-13
I was wanting to know how many fellow archers drew out for the Mcalester ammo depot this year? I was also hoping to meet some fellow archers and make some new friends. I drew out for the November 8, 9, and 10 hunt. Anybody draw out for that hunt? I have not been to Mcalester ammo plant in a long time. It has taken me eleven years to draw! That is a long dry spell!!! LOL! I bet a lot has changed since then. I got to hunt the Bear Trap area on that hunt, and missed a beautiful buck by inches, and it still haunts me to this day! I'm hoping for a chance at another gorgeous trophy buck! I was selected to hunt the Deer Creek area, and have never been in that section. Good ol Johnny Ryan has given me a few tips to get me started, and I am really looking forward to the hunt! Thanks for the help John!If anyone else has drawn out for the hunt on those dates, I hope to meet you and trade some hunting stories! Any tips for the hunt appreciated... it has been a long time!

17-Oct-13
No tips on Deer Creek, but I got Boggy for the same weekend. Good Luck.

Bobby Harris

18-Oct-13
Im in boggy the same weekend. Good luck guys. Have the hunts for this year started yet? Was hoping to grt some updates from guys who have already hunted this year....

18-Oct-13
I believe the non-ambulatory hunt was last weekend. Haven't seen any results posted on the website yet. I hunted Deer Creek many years ago and cant even remember where we hunted. All I remember is that I passed up a small buck, saw a bunch of does and one absolute giant buck. Of course, the does and the big boy were out of range. I drew Boggy Nov 15-17 this year. This will by my 6th trip to MAC. I've taken a shot at Mac. I've passed up several small bucks but never got a "quality pass" or a shot at a biggun. I've had bigguns and does coming right towards me but they all either turned and didn't offer a shot or spotted me in the stand. Hopefully, this year will be my year. Regardless, I am thankful for the opportunity. Good luck to all.

• Sitka Gear