split_toe 04-Nov-13
tripler 04-Nov-13
msailor 05-Nov-13
split_toe 10-Nov-13
tripler 17-Nov-13
twoblade 18-Nov-13
split_toe 21-Nov-13
19-Oct-13
What are you all seeing as far as sign goes? Me there are very few scrapes and rubs happening in my neck of the woods. Does have been thin just starting to put on the back fat kinda late I think

20-Oct-13
Just got back from a two day hunt. Saw several deer [both buck and doe] saturday, but nothing this morn. Did see a few scrapes, but not many. My son saw a short chase. Said the buck was after the doe like she owed him money. All of my trail camera pics show slick and fat deer.

21-Oct-13
No such thing. Its biology unaffected by weather, moon or the price of tea in china. Evolution has established the timing of does in estrus for optimum survival of fawn births the following year. The peak number of does in estrus will be mid November regardless of any outside factors. I am seeing plenty of scrapes and rubs with bucks sparring, may just by your neck of the woods, perhaps EHD or reduced deer numbers for whatever reason.

22-Oct-13
I would like to know what your seeing in the woods the 10th through the 15th I feel this will be the true peak of the rut with breeding on the 15th and 16th. I will be hunting 12th through the 20th this year lets compare notes

elkmo and bluegrass let me know the first day you see a big one in the fields at midday on a mission my guess will be the 8th or 9th

25-Oct-13
Will do. I like the first week of November due to the fact that I have a better chance of getting him to respond to grunts and rattling without him being locked on a hot doe. The peak rut can get crazy and a blast but they can be moving so dang fast, it can be tough sometimes getting a shot. I had a buck chasing a doe doing figure eights under my stand and never could get a shot.

29-Oct-13
Headed to Edina on Nov 6. This will be my first trip to Northern Mo. after several years in brown county, illinois. Not sure what to expect but will report back after i return. best of luck to everyone this year.

01-Nov-13
good luck tripler

04-Nov-13
My buddy lives north of Edina and he says the bucks are starting to chase today. He saw two this morning over 150.

04-Nov-13
Saturday and Sunday boy and I rattled or grunted in 14 bucks largest was 130" no chasing but rubs and scrapes are getting pounded its going to break loose soon

04-Nov-13

04-Nov-13
weather for the upcoming weekend looks great. hoping they bust loose!

i will report back next week when i return home.

thanks folks.

05-Nov-13
elkmo, have you ever heard of a pituitary gland? it's the whole reason we have the rut and its kicked into hyperdrive due to photoperiod. that being said, you are mostly right. the rut starts about the same time every year to optimize birthing. what people perceive as the rut (daylight buck activity) is largely influenced by outside factors (crop harvest, moon phase, ambient temp, etc.)

10-Nov-13
little bucks are inside out right now does are still with fawns what's everyone else seeing

17-Nov-13
saw 2 shooters during trip. several nice ones under stand. Rut was just starting to really go hard when i left on Monday to come home. Look forward to next year.

18-Nov-13
I hunted November 4th through November 15th. I found November 13th to be the best day, clear, calm and 20 degrees. Awesome morning, seeing 18 deer including two nice bucks, one being a 150 or better class buck, grunting and chasing does. No shots, but a morning to remember and the morning alone was worth the cost of the non-resident archery tag.

21-Nov-13
16th was the day

• Sitka Gear