McAAP hunt results thread.
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Troutguide 20-Oct-13
Atschimolsin 21-Oct-13
SoDakSooner 22-Oct-13
razorsharp 22-Oct-13
20-Oct-13
Hello I just wanted to get a results thread going. Anyone who hunted so far please update us, who are on our way soon, on conditions, news, and of course Kills! Post picks if you can.

Please let us know what the oaks are like In each area as well as persimmons and any other food source. Are they using the green fields? Any chasing yet, any scrapes, rubs? Did you hear any deer vocalization/grunting?

I will be hunting Hominy next weekend(25-27) so anyone who hunted there please let me know any info you have. I have a few ideas but any fresh input would be great. I have high hopes to get one with my first Osage selfbow this year. I can't wait!!!

Thanks, Brian

21-Oct-13
Hello Brian, I'm hunting Hominy 1-3 November. I'm excited to hunt a new area. I've always hunted Boggy in the past. I have a friend that will be hunting in Hominy the same weekend as you. I can check and see if he has room in his group yet. I look forward to hearing about your trip. I was up in Stringtown last weekend with my son on the youth gun hunt and the persimmons are loaded on the trees there. I saw some acorns but at big MAC there are probably a lot of acorns. This was a pretty wet year so probably a bumper crop with all food sources. All the best, Sean

22-Oct-13
We are in Hominy this weekend too Trout. I don't have a whole lot of info as we have never done really well there. I have gotten a few tips, but nothing I have done personally there in the past is worth passing on. I have hunted it 4x with little success, although two of those times were the first weekend....and hot and windy.

I heard last weekend was slow, but all of the people I talk to here in Muskogee (still 70 miles from there) say the deer are starting to move now...and at least the moon won't be full this weekend.

22-Oct-13
1st time in deer creek 25-27.

• Sitka Gear