Indiana
Contributors to this thread:
soldierbowman2 21-Oct-13
JTV 21-Oct-13
soldierbowman2 22-Oct-13
sticksender 22-Oct-13
soldierbowman2 23-Oct-13
21-Oct-13
We used to have a archery tag and an extra archery tag. Now we have a archery license and a bundle. I have read the rule book the state puts out and I find no reference to an extra archery license nor do I see it on the web site for buying license. Did we loose the extra archery license replaced with the bundle? Heres the practical situation of the question. I hunt public land in which there are no bonus county does allowed. I have an archery license now. Say I kill a doe with my license on ,well any ware. Do I buy another archery license or do I buy the bundle for the next deer.( I'm not wanting the bundle.) If I buy the bundle and bow kill a doe on public land at the same time gun season is in, how do I explain it was not an county bonus tag since the tag would be exactly the same??? For that matter how would anyone know I had my first archery deer if I decided to shoot 2 more does on public property ? I only hunt public land so the extra bonus tags have no value for me. Do I get to hunt 1 archery deer or do I still have 2 archery tags to use on public land ?

21-Oct-13
Yes, they did away with the "extra archery" license .... you need just two "archery" licenses now($24ea)....with those you can kill 1 buck and 1 antlerless or 2 antlerless .......to me, the DNR has made it harder to figure out what is needed license wise.....thats our DNR for ya .....

22-Oct-13
JTV

Thanks for answering. Dont take it wrong or disrespectful, but how do I know I can buy another bow tag or that I can't buy a dozen of them?? The rule book does not spell it out that I am allowed 2 deer on archery tags, or am I miss reading it??? If I was new to the state and this is the first time I had ever seen the rule book I would not conclude there ever was an exstra archery deer allowed. That is if you disregarded any knowledge of it haveing had been that way in the past.

22-Oct-13
To eliminate confusion, there's an easy-to-read chart published in the regs which shows the number of deer you can take with the various legal weapons, including archery.

No change in the way the archery season limits are listed for 2013. The chart states that with archery licenses you can take either Two Antlerless deer, or One Antlerless and One Antlered.

http://www.eregulations.com/indiana/hunting/deer-seasons-licenses-equipment/

23-Oct-13
I guess in the small print it does kind of spell it out. Maybe it is just me that thinks it is worded loosely. I think the fact that the public land exclusion of the county bonus tags being in another section makes it a little muddy.

• Sitka Gear