Trophy8 22-Oct-13
Bill V 22-Oct-13
Trophy8 23-Oct-13
Bill V 23-Oct-13
Chip T. 23-Oct-13
CTCrow 24-Oct-13
Passinthru63 26-Oct-13
22-Oct-13
Alright guys, just need to get this right.

Gonna pick up Permit bow season tags today or tomorrow.

Zone 12, I ask for an Antlered permit, thats easy.

Q: I need to purchase an Anterless permit if I want to hunt does,Correct?

Q: Is there anyway to hunt more than one anterless deer in the Permit Bow season?

This is still my first Jersey License so, I'm still figureing out the regs. Thanks for the input guys and Good Luck too all.

Bill V.

22-Oct-13
Any zone you wish to hunt, an anterless permit much be purchased. Permits are ZONE specific.

You cannot just purchase a Antlered/buck tag...you must purchase the permit first. The buck tag is purchased in addition to the permit.

FYI....if you buy the permit now....once the permit season starts you CANNOT purchase the buck tag.

Some zones are unlimited anterless, some are not. Check the regulations for the zone you plan to hunt.

22-Oct-13
Thanks Trophy8,

OK, I didn't get that the Permit and the Antlered tag were seperate.

So, buy the Fall Archery Permit and a Antlered Tag for Permit season, Correct?

Zone 12 is unlimited antlerless in the Regular fall season, Does that mean its the same for the Permit season too? and do I need to purchase any specials tags for antlerless?

I've looked at the regs a bunch of times and have questions if I have it right. Theres too much at stake to get it wrong and recieve a violation. If I'm not sure I have it 100% correct, I won't hunt.

Just so you guys know, we had originally only planned to hunt the winter bow season. This property in 12 just came to us a few weeks ago, hence, we're playing catch-up and are still rookies as far as Jersey licences are concerned. Thanks for the help.

Bill V.

22-Oct-13
All right , I think I got it. Pg 16 The zone-specific deer permit is valid only for hunting antlerless deer. To take an antlered buck during any permit season, hunters must purchase one Antlered Buck Permit. An Antlered Buck Permit is not zone-specific but is valid only when used in conjunction with a zone-specific deer permit.

Ok so, I need a Permit Bow and a Antlered permit.

Think I'm getting there.

Bill V.

22-Oct-13
Zone 12 is the same for both. Look up the colored regulation sets, it will give you the seasons and bag limits.

The tags on your Bow Lic become void starting Saturday...only the tags on your Permits are to be used.

22-Oct-13
Thanks Trophy8, I got er now !!!!

Thanks for your patience.

Bill V

22-Oct-13
Glad I could help. Good luck, zone 12 has plenty of deer.

22-Oct-13
One more Q:

pg 16, Note, "Only one deer at a time may be taken duringany permit season even if you possess both an antlered and antlerless permits"

What does that mean? each day? You can take another after you have a conformation number? You have to tag it first?

Does anyone kmow?

Some background as to why I ask. We use to have that in Pa. They wanted dead deer but, had the rule that you had to get down and tag it first. If you want deer management thats crazy. We asked for them to change that and they did. Our mindset is to keep going and we need to get it right.

Thanks Bill v

23-Oct-13
"You can take another after you have a conformation number?"

Yes

23-Oct-13
Thank You Rob.

Went over yesterday at lunch and pick up my permits, ready to go.

Over here in Pa. things are heating up, lots of chasing Word is the bigger boys are moving middle of the day.

Stopped at the butchers last night for some hocks. He had a big 8 there 135ish.

Good luck guys.

Thanks Rob

Bill V.

23-Oct-13
In NJ two things are needed to hunt successfully. You need a good banker to help you finance the cash for all the permit fees. Secondly, you need a good lawyer to handle any problems you may have with all the pathetic zone regulations. Things are heating up real quick. Saw a big 8 yesterday in Hunterdon county who was getting real cozy with a doe. Next couple of days should be interesting.

24-Oct-13
Man, and I thought it was complicated in CT.

26-Oct-13
It's all about the dollars in NJ - I'ce watched people buy 5 different zone permits. That's just crazy and that is what they want you to do. Ct is simple. Buy your archery license and use it ANYWHERE. I won't be archery hunting in NJ this year due to my saskatchewan waterfowl hunt, but I will be down for ML.

• Sitka Gear