Contributors to this thread:
comando 22-Oct-13
razorsharp 22-Oct-13
comando 22-Oct-13
Ok Stick Slinger 23-Oct-13
Stinkbait1 24-Oct-13
squirrelsticker1 30-Oct-13
22-Oct-13
What kind of sound and brand of deer calls work for you and how do you use them? Thanks..

22-Oct-13
I called in a 2-3 year old 7pt Sunday with a Knight and Hale grunt tube. I had it set fairly high and mimicked the sound tha Primos can makes.

22-Oct-13
Thanks, So, you kind of made a bleat sound? I have had some luck in the past with the old style True Talker...but it took a dump on me...

23-Oct-13
Only one I have had much luck with is haydels DG-87 its about 14 bucks on amazon

24-Oct-13
I have an old Knight and Hale grunt tube. I've called in several bucks with it over the years. My experience with calling has been mixed. I've had some come charging in, others sneak in and others that ignore it altogether.

30-Oct-13
I will tell you one thing, if you're hunting public land the best call is no call at all. Sometimes the same goes for private if it's heavily pressured. The 40 acres of private land I sometimes hunt is surrounded by heavy hunting pressure. Those deer are so used to hearing calls. Having said all that, the best success with calling that I've had is with rattling to a visible buck. Never had success with blind rattling on pressured areas.

• Sitka Gear