Chip T. 27-Oct-13
Jake23 27-Oct-13
Jack Harris 27-Oct-13
Monmouth533 28-Oct-13
Elkman52 28-Oct-13
Pintail 29-Oct-13
RLong 04-Nov-13
27-Oct-13
It's getting close here in South Jersey. No signs of chasing yet on my end, but found 5-6 fresh scrapes yesterday in areas where there were none mid-week.

Had doe under me both morning and evening with no signs of activity....but we are reeeeaaaaallll close. :)

27-Oct-13
Hunterdon county things are happening now?I found 4 scrapes 2 weeks ago yesterday I saw5 does and 6 different bucks in a stand where I dident see a deer the last three sets.Past a 2/12 year old 8pt.....I would have shot on fri.LOL

27-Oct-13
My buddy on the other side of the property(who had been seeing all the deer) saw 1 doe?all my buck sightings were between 9 & 12

27-Oct-13
Northern NJ is like a zoo. Almost hit a doe Friday nite with my car and this am on the way for coffee a big 8 is running after a doe almost in front of my car. Rut is on big time.

27-Oct-13
I hunt in Hunterdon zone 11 and it was crazy on Ssturday. I saw 4 different bucks chasing hard. One spike put a show on for me under my stand. He was acting like a cutting horse on a hot doe. Action was non stop all morning. Almost pulled back on a nice 8 but he was only 2-1/2. Deer are still in the acorns on my property.

27-Oct-13
Friday was wild in zone 5, Saturday and Sunday made me feel like it was "lockdown" about 3 weeks early. Zero deer sightings in 3 consecutive sits, and everyone is reporting same lack of action. Saturday morning saw a few dinks cruising but Saturday evening, Sunday morning, and Sunday evening all total shut-outs. I seem to recall this happens every year end of October before the real rut kicks in..

28-Oct-13
I think we are a good week away from what I have been seeing/I hope so anyway. I saw a lot of little bucks chasing Sunday am down south. I fly to Illinois Friday to hit it with the bow. Best of luck to all. Ill check in next week hopefully with some pics.

28-Oct-13
nothing going on tonight? Jason good luck in Illinois.Bill Winke always says he don't care which 7 days you hunt in nov......As long as it's between the 3rd-10th

29-Oct-13
I agree with Jack, Friday and Sunday I had no movement in zone 1 with the exception of bears. I don't think the hurricane winds helped things either. A few days prior I had bucks and does everywhere.

04-Nov-13
It was an odd weekend. ZERO movement. Very strange.

• Sitka Gear