Vermont Bowhunters Association at work
Vermont
Contributors to this thread:
Mike Castillo 30-Oct-13
1Badboy 30-Oct-13
MikeVT 31-Oct-13
tbirmsvt 12-Nov-13
30-Oct-13
Don't you hate it. You hunt hard in Vermont all season. You may get lucky and take a buck in the first week, then the October lull sets in. Toward the end of the bow season, we start to get some cool, cloudy days, and all of a sudden there starts to be some daytime, pre rut movement of what few mature bucks are out there. You are getting on them, dialing them in...and....wait for it....the season ends! How many of you wish you were on stand this frosty morning in Vermont?

We are a small organization and doing our best, and I think we are making some inroads. Check out this article and pay particular attention to the last line!

http://www.wcax.com/story/23799797/destination-recreation-archery-season

30-Oct-13
God I hope so ! Would love to see a season like NH in VT ! Keep up the good work Mike !

31-Oct-13
Nice job. If we could get the state to move all the deer seasons back 2 weeks, then we could really get the deer herd back. Rifles in the woods during the rut is unheard of in most states. I would love to be in the woods with a bow the next 2 weekends.

12-Nov-13
I was very happy to see that on the news and really hope it happens next season. I am not able to make my usual trip out to the Midwest this year so the last two weeks have been frustrating. My trail camera is finally showing nice deer during legal shooting hours and there is nothing I can do about it.

• Sitka Gear