craned1020 09-Dec-13
JTV 18-Dec-13
Dude 19-Dec-13
JTV 20-Dec-13
Bou'bound 22-Dec-13
soldierbowman2 09-Jan-14
Owl Holler 24-Jan-14
02-Nov-13
Any general themes, finidings, or common threads. How is this year compared to last. What is different, better, worse where you are.

02-Nov-13
Central area where I'm at, the leaves are hanging on late this year. The crops are mostly harvested. The deer are hammering the standing soybeans we have out.

Rut seems to be at about normal pace, with bucks still mostly tolerating each other, and not paying much attention to does just yet. Hoping that changes within the next few days. Have seen some broken racks, heard some sparring, and noticed tons of scrapes and rubs, so they're getting in the mood.

05-Nov-13
Yep...leaves are on much longer this season and deer numbers are down due to over abundance of antlerless tags, which means there are also less bucks to be found....

06-Nov-13
Hey Grant.

Southeast part of the state:

Most crops are down. Very little mast, if any. Plenty of water this year. Leaves are hanging on late.

The past five days....morning movement has been early. Most sightings have been the 1st hour after daybreak. Evening movement has been more consistent.

Haven't seen many bucks "cruising" and chasing has been spotty....but it should break loose any day now.

Good luck!

Paul

06-Nov-13
Thanks Paul.

06-Nov-13
I just aint seeing deer. A little bit of sign but not much for deer sightings.I am hunting all public ground though.

10-Nov-13
Only been about 6 times but seeing more so far, which surprises me. Southwest part of state. Other than when hunting I'm seeing fewer deer - I think I've just been lucky.

04-Dec-13
I have 16 days ( partial or full ) at Mississinawa and 4 days at Kingsberry and I have not seen a deer from the stand yet. I have seen 2 while scouting at Miss and seen 3 at kingsberry while driving around the place. I've talked to other hunters at both places and most are saying they are not seeing much.

09-Dec-13
I'm hunting in Jasper county and there is one farmer who still has corn standing. Early November I seen some smaller bucks and does running around, but nothing within the last two weeks. I will be out again this coming weekend and will report back if I see anything.

18-Dec-13
All I know is the deer numbers are waaaaay down up here in Porter Co.....I had a good year, but it was becasue I worked my azz off and was draw into the Dunes and another special draw hunt.....as for deer on private land, all I am hearing is where'd the deer go ?.........just wait till the final numbers are out for the state....Buck kills will be down...again ..... as well as the overall numbers .....and once again it will be blamed on the weather....BS !! Cant kill what isnt there....guys need to start passin' on Does and to hell with the high issue of these damn antlerless tags

19-Dec-13
JTV Seems everyone I talk to has the same feelings. Check in way down. I'm waiting on the DNR numbers to confirm my thoughts on the harvest although I wonder how many are checking them in which might make the DNR figures worthless and we still have the antlerless season coming up. I hope I'm wrong thinking the herd is in a steady decline.

20-Dec-13
I do believe the new check in encourages some not to check in, those that were boarder line are now just placing the trans. tag(paper) on the deer till they get home then doing the processing themselves....saving the original tag.....who the hell would know.....

22-Dec-13
Nobody if guys are processing their own how is that different. Than in the past. Different if they were taking it to a butcher

09-Jan-14
Come on guys, You know the deer are over populated! Im sure the kill numbers will show this year will be in the top 10 highest kills on record. Just like the last few years that the lying Bastards at DNR have made up the numbers to show what they want to show!!! DNR has all but lost any credibility with me.

24-Jan-14
-->Actually, considering the non existent mast crop in this area, I've seen more deer this year than any in a long time. Look fat and healthy! I haven't heard of the harvest figures at B.C. Park yet. I don't think the hunters are out there. First day of gun season used to sound like WW2--very few shots fired this year.

• Sitka Gear