New Jersey
Contributors to this thread:
Chris in PA* 10-Nov-13
Bowkill 13-Nov-13
Monmouth533 13-Nov-13
Chris in PA* 13-Nov-13
Monmouth533 13-Nov-13
10-Nov-13
I am thinking about taking my son for the Youth Gun season. I have hunted a few places close tot he PA border but have found tons of people. Can anyone recommend somewhere to go?

13-Nov-13
In NJ I assume? Assunpink. I hunted there 1st time last year and not alot of people or shooting. I bow hunted it the whole time and saw some nice bucks and alot of them. Mostly 4's and 6's, but some 8's and a couple over 100"s. I passed shots on about 9 bucks and took 1 doe.

13-Nov-13
youth day you should not have a lot of competition. Where in PA are you.

13-Nov-13
Yes, I meant in Jersey. I live in Wind Gap which is about 15 miles in from the border. I was lucky enough to tag out the 2nd week in PA this year. So, I bought a New Jersey archery license and went a few times during archery. I've been busy working so I didn't get the permit bow stamp. I'm planning on getting a gun license so that I can take my son. His is free but I have to be licensed to take him. I hunted the area near Delaware lake one morning. I saw tons of tree stands and almost no deer sign.

13-Nov-13
a lot of nice state land near pequest hatchery and all throughout warren county that won't have much action on youth day. 6 day is a whole different story.

• Sitka Gear