gulfcoast 17-Nov-13
gulfcoast 17-Nov-13
jwhittaker 18-Nov-13
jwhittaker 19-Nov-13
jwhittaker 19-Nov-13
jwhittaker 19-Nov-13
markt 04-Dec-13
11-Nov-13
Im shocked at the quaity of deer living in the thicket directly behind my house. Ive been a bowhunter for 20 years but ive never had a chance to hunt unpresured deer of this quality. I took a big 8 that measured 154" thanksgiving day last year that was also strictly noctural but the morning he showed up in daylight, he was cut to pieces bleeding, completly blind in one eye, and nearly dead befor I stuck him.

I'm kind of curious what input some of you guys who are seasoned oklahoma hunters might have to add about making a possible opportunity or advice on how to get buck like this in daylight. Any help would be good.

11-Nov-13

gulfcoast's embedded Photo
This is 1 of three giants living 300 yards from my house..

11-Nov-13
Find the does... that simple.

11-Nov-13

Rick i have an abundace of females. There are about 8 in there that I've watched grow up along with 4 or 5 yearlings. The girls arnt a problem. There are more that come and go. These bucks just don't move at all. They have not left about a 5 acre chunk in over a month. No need. Its all a huge acorn flat connected to the thickest cover on 200 acres. They come through like clock work completly alone for a few minutes every night (sometimes 2 or 3 times in a nihht) and then go strait back to that super thick bedding cover.

I'm looking for a possible way to draw one out, but not sure how without screwin around to much in there..

This one we call "porky" has show 16 nights in a row. Alone. And repeats the patern nightly. Never seen him in daylight either.

11-Nov-13

This is the fatest deer I've ever seen...

12-Nov-13
Geeezzzz! He does look fat! I still think you find the does and you will find one of them, soon. They will break from their normal patterns, just a matter of time. Best of luck!

17-Nov-13
Stay on the down wind side of where the does are bedding and they will show at some point they are moving some in the day light maybe just not in front of cams IMO. u will have to sneak in and out but stay with it and i bet it works GOOD LUCK and let us know!!!

17-Nov-13

My wind finally switched out of the north this afternoon and ill slip in there sometime around 4:30. One has been showing the last two days about 7:45am. As of friday night though the switch has been flipped in my woods. They were going nuts this morning chasing and a couple have already locked down with thier does.

Got this pic friday morning at 8 am...

17-Nov-13

My wind finally switched out of the north this afternoon and ill slip in there sometime around 4:30. One has been showing the last two days about 7:45am. As of friday night though the switch has been flipped in my woods. They were going nuts this morning chasing and a couple have already locked down with thier does.

Got this pic friday morning at 8 am...

18-Nov-13
Wow that buck is fat!

19-Nov-13
Heck you shld be able to run him down and stab him with a knife,surely he can't run far!

19-Nov-13
Heck you shld be able to run him down and stab him with a knife,surely he can't run far!

19-Nov-13

04-Dec-13
I have almost the same story. Urban bucks have little pressure and can usually grow old and big! They rarely make a mistake. If they do make a mistake, it will be during the rut. I don't have the opportunity to hunt these bucks anymore on a 5 acre house lot, but it was sure fun while it lasted!

• Sitka Gear