kj in 8j 21-Nov-13
RON 22-Nov-13
tcosmic 22-Nov-13
swampbowman 23-Nov-13
archer756 24-Nov-13
RON 24-Nov-13
EagleCrg 24-Nov-13
16-Nov-13
Well I am up and getting ready for opening day with the gun. It is 38 degrees and will be no rain today, but a lot coming for the following two days. SO be safe out there and I hope each of you have the hunt of your dreams. Mine at 72 is still having the ability to walk out the back door and sit in a blind.

16-Nov-13
Good luck Bill!! And to everyone headinginto the woods yoday.

16-Nov-13

STM's embedded Photo
STM's embedded Photo
I hope your day was eventful SOB and we are glad to see you are still enjoying the great outdoors.

I was at our land in 4O today and saw a large coyote around 7:40 AM but had no shot, thankfully since this guy came in ten minutes later.

Best wishes all and be safe.

17-Nov-13
My buddy on the next road over got a 7 point at 830 am, buck was in full rut and following 3 doe's. I saw just one doe in 40, I heard all day about 4 shots. Up and ready for another day, 48 degree and rain coming in late in the day... STM that a great buck you have got, were in 40 is all the snow still ours is all gone?

17-Nov-13
Hi SOB

I am just over the Walton / Franklin line.

I heard about 15 shots yesterday and this one had a nice Doe with him.

17-Nov-13
Had a good morning on the opener,filled my doe permit and shot a big spike to boot.Wasn,t going to let them pass ate my tags last season.Missed the same spike with my longbow.

17-Nov-13
Had a good morning on the opener,filled my doe permit and shot a big spike to boot.Wasn,t going to let them pass ate my tags last season.Missed the same spike with my longbow.

17-Nov-13
I hunt not far out of Oneonta. Out of 5 guys this weekend in our group, 4 got deer. two 8 pointers, One 9 pointer and a doe. I was the only one not to shoot. I passed a spike up this evening. Seemed to be a lot of shooting on our hill today. I miss bow season already.

19-Nov-13
Heard 1 firefighter was killed by his friend. JJ

19-Nov-13
Sorry to hear this, please loction.

20-Nov-13
Westford NY, he was walking back in to hunt and was shot by his hunting partner who saw a bush move.

20-Nov-13

Mint's Link
See story at link. He was walking out at 4:30pm not wearing blaze orange. Sad story for sure but at least wear blaze orange walking in and out of the woods, even just a hat really helps.

20-Nov-13

oliwas_army's embedded Photo
lots of chasing in 5R - saw a really good buck I presume was rubbing up this tree...

20-Nov-13

took a nice doe... waiting for the big fella to return.. real happy with a fat doe..

20-Nov-13
BLASE ORANGE? YOU DON'T SHOT AT A MOVING BUSH.GLAD I DON'T HUNT THERE,STUPID THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

21-Nov-13
And to think my friend asked me opening day why I was walking out in the dark with a flashlight on a moon lit night. My answer to him was my friends uncle was shot by someone in his hunting party 35 years ago and it was alot lighter than this. My friend never hunted again. We took my deer to the deer cutter that night and he said a guy brought in a deer that encounterd a guy in full camo out in the woods.I told him that I did not like venison as much as that dumb ass. I had a friend who was shot walking out of the woods after a spring turkey hunt while smoking a cigar.The guy who shot lost his hunting privledges for 5 years.I've never seen a 6 foot tall turkey smoking a cigar. Some people put to much pressure on themselves to score.

21-Nov-13
YOU HAVE TO SEE YOU TARGET BEFORE YOU SHOT,HOW CAN ONE SHOT AT A MOVEMENT OR NOISE?

21-Nov-13
Blaze Orange should be a requirement during hunting season in NY. Both bow and gun. A tragedy that could of been avoided.

21-Nov-13
Blaze orange should be mandatory. I had a guy opening day come with in 100 yards of me and set up. he was in full camo to except for his hat, I can live with that. now the next day he comes back and moves down closer to me and sets up. except this time he opens up a pop blind and completely covers himself . I know he's there and where he is but other folks would not. I'll just leave it at that you folks know what could happen.

22-Nov-13
BLASE ORANGE IS IMPORTANT BUT YOU HAVE TO SEE THE ANIMAL BEFORE YOU SHOT,YOU DON'T SHOT AT MOVEMENT OR NOISE,SHOT PLACEMENT,IT'S IMPORTANT.

22-Nov-13
Like they say ,always be sure of your target and beyond.

23-Nov-13
Shame on anyone who blames the victim for not wearing orange. No one should have to dress like a pumpkin to be safe in the woods or be mandated to do so. Pure negligence on the shooters part. Now we need the state to tell us how to dress ?

24-Nov-13
Yes same someone got shoot, but FIRST RULE KNOW YOUR TARGET!

24-Nov-13
BINGO,IT'S EASY,YOU HAVE TO SEE YOUR TARGET,

24-Nov-13
While I wear at least some blaze orange when hunting in the southern zone, I don't want to see the state make it mandatory. Each hunter has a choice, a choice that is ours to make, not the state's. While these accidents are tragic, those involved had some choices. Chose not to wear blaze orange and also failed to choose a good hunting partner, friend or not.

• Sitka Gear