Jadams 05-Dec-13
SILVERADO 05-Dec-13
SILVERADO 05-Dec-13
Jadams 05-Dec-13
SILVERADO 05-Dec-13
CTCrow 05-Dec-13
MathewsHunter 10-Dec-14
21-Nov-13
I've used Ken's taxidermy for 25+ years. (RIP) Never thought I would have to find another guy but as luck would have it I need to find a new guy in central CT. This is the place I hope somebody can refer me to a reasonably priced and good taxidermist. Thanks in advance

21-Nov-13
Kevin Conroy Taxidermist. I have been using him for ten plus years and I think he does awesome work, also very reasonably priced. not really in central ct. I don't have his number handy but pm me ill get it for you

21-Nov-13
NORTHEAST TAXIDERMY IN MIDDLETOWN EXCELLENT WORK

21-Nov-13
Wild Arts in Berlin. He uses a "Museum Process" that gives you a mount that will last a lifetime. Plus his turnaround time is far better than most. He has a great showroom too.

21-Nov-13
Wild arts in Berlin. There is nobody else to go to This is the only place I go after Ken's now also

21-Nov-13
I second Kevin's he is a great guy and member of bowsite !! And he does great work !!

21-Nov-13
Wild arts Berlin.....great work ....

21-Nov-13
I was a Ken customer for many years, he will be missed. Brought mine to Kevin's this year, he is a bit more pricey but has a quicker turnaround and seems like a top notch guy.

21-Nov-13

Kevin85's embedded Photo
Kevin85's embedded Photo
Kevin Conroy. Consistently great work. He & his guys are really cool to speak with. I will never go elsewhere.

21-Nov-13

mox_ct's embedded Photo
mox_ct's embedded Photo
I use Northeast Taxidery in Middletown, CT

21-Nov-13
I also use Kevin Conroy in Middlebury. Excellent work and really friendly people. 203-598-3184, 509 Shadduck Rd, Middlebury.

21-Nov-13
kevin Conroy taxidermist!!!Hands down the best around, I wouldn't trust any one of my trophys with anyone else! Good luck to all.

21-Nov-13

hunter16's embedded Photo
hunter16's embedded Photo
I Have Used Wild Arts In Berlin And I Am A Very Happy Customer. Won't Go Any Where else

21-Nov-13
Gotta say Kevin Conroy is worth the drive, his number is 203-598-3184, best prices too!!! He has done all my birds, fish and deer. He has my coyote right now!

21-Nov-13
I just read the entire thread. I too am looking for a new taxidermist. I have gone to Ken in Waterbury for years and would never think about going anywhere else at the time. Things change unfortunately. Thank everyone for the good info. R.I.P. Ken You will be missed by many!

22-Nov-13
Thx all

22-Nov-13

rix102's embedded Photo
rix102's embedded Photo
Thanks again. I know this is bowsite and I'm a bow hunter at heart that occasionally strays to the gun but I've decided to have Kevin mount this buck I got on 11/20. Sorry to offend the purest archers. He is going o do a 1/2 mount with him in a scrape.

22-Nov-13

rix102's embedded Photo
rix102's embedded Photo
Idk how that happened ill try again

22-Nov-13
Great buck rix!! My buddy is friends with Jim and he showed me that pick of your buck a few days ago. Very impressive!! Congrats!!!

22-Nov-13
I am a taxidermist fellas. Been at it 10 years. Never plugged here before but im in watertown and work out of my house. Getting a studio this coming year. I do great work!!!

23-Nov-13
easyshooter do you have a # can you msg me I'm from Wolcott and use to use Cambel's until he retired then used Ken's both where great guys and Ken was a family friend.

23-Nov-13
I am pleased to see how many people have recommended Kevin Conroy. His work is nothing short of amazing. And I agree with what some other have said, he's a great guy as well.

I'm pretty sure he is the only Taxidermist in CT who has won a National Title for "Best All Around Taxidermist".

Go take a look at the work of several different Taxidermists, and decide for yourself.

I'm absolutely floored when I hear someone choose a Taxidermist because of price or wait time. A mount may hang on you wall for 30 years. Will you be glad you saved $50, or got it back 3 months early or will you be proud that it looks so alive?

Is there any truth to the rumor that if you leave Kevin your Backstraps you get your mount back sooner?

23-Nov-13
Absolutely, Ace, for backstraps you get pick up and delivery. See you again next week. I'll have an empty cooler. Moose meat was delicious, thanks. Thanks to all others for their recommendations. This is my full-time job and what we do for a living, and we take great pride in our work. Wishing all a safe and productive season.

23-Nov-13
I use Kevin convoy, he does amazing work, in my opinion the best around.

27-Nov-13
Can someone please PM me Kevin Conroy's Phone Number. Thanks, I appreciate it.

28-Nov-13
EE, I PMed you.

I don't think Kevin would mind if I put his shop number here, in case anyone else needs it: 203-598-3184. He is in Middlebury, CT. You can also check out his work on his website or Facebook page if you'd like.

28-Nov-13
just brought Kevin a buck I got a couple days ago. He was happy to see all the support and accolades he received from this site. As always Kevin offered up his professional advice on which pose he thought would look best for my deer. I told him on this one just do what he thought would look best. Now that's what I call having confidence in your taxidermist ! Thanks again Kevin!

30-Nov-13
John Navan in Woodstock does a great job for a good price . Homestead Taxidermy in Woodstock ct

04-Dec-13
Glen barber also does a great job up in winchester if your in that neck of the woods. Hes been at it almost 30 years

04-Dec-13

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
This is my 2010 buck from Kevin, my largest to date

04-Dec-13

My 2012 buck from Kevin

04-Dec-13

My other 2012 buck from Kevin. Amazing work

04-Dec-13
Dave Does our buddy Kevin give you a break on the price since he uses those crazy sideways forms? :-)

(I'm only teasing you because I'm in the same boat when I post a picture here, I have no idea which way the thing will be turned when I hit "Submit Message")

04-Dec-13
I read somewhere on here b4 that with the iPhone you need to hold the phone horizontal and take the picture in order for it to post correctly.

04-Dec-13

CTCrow's MOBILE embedded Photo

From Iphone

04-Dec-13

04-Dec-13

From Iphone

04-Dec-13
Thanks crow

04-Dec-13

BuckSkinner's embedded Photo
BuckSkinner's embedded Photo
Wild Arts For Sure

04-Dec-13
I used Glen Barber once and he was the biggest jackass I have ever dealt with. I wouldn't even recommend giving him a rabbits foot to put on a keychain.

05-Dec-13
I may be in the market for a new taxidermist ...

Every time I bring an animal to my guy it comes back smaller than I remember it. In fact the last few years I haven't received ANY Pope & Young deer back from him at all! I mean what kind of customer service is that? Do I have to do ALL the work?

Can someone refer me to a guy who always gives you back a Boone and Crockett head? I'd also like a referral to a fish stretching service if possible.

If Taxidermists offered a free Photoshopped hero picture, maybe one with a bit of blood, and a tongue hanging out (for realism), along with the antler stretching service, I bet they'd clean up! (I can make up the stories myself!)

Wingman? What do you think?

05-Dec-13
My phone doesn't take photos ??????????????????to hard to drag the cord so I dont take it in the woods .LOL

05-Dec-13
Lmao Steve!

05-Dec-13
A couple other Taxidermist I know that do excellent work are Matt Marulli ( Outdoor Trophies Taxidermy) from Oxford, Ct. Another is Steve Hackett ( Trophy Room ) from East Hampton, Ct. Great guys and members of N.E.A.T. New England Association of taxidermist. Just figured I would put these guys up in case they are more local for some of you on here.

05-Dec-13

Hey JA I would not recommend Steve Hackett, IMHO he's just that a hack, I had a trout I caught mounted by him, and my buddy a coyote and fish mounted all deteriorated and needed to be redone. I was not impressed at all with his work. He was a very nice guy, just not someone I would want handling my work. I'm not sure if you or your brother still do taxidermy but I know the quality of both of you in the past and I would recommend you guys to anyone. Work that your brother did for me in 2006.

05-Dec-13

Another from your brother in 2006

05-Dec-13
Sorry to hear Dave.. Steve won the Wasco award last year for a brown trout he did. Either way, thanks for the compliment. I donut just for myself and competitions now, ended up taking to much time away from hunting ;). The mount Todd did still looks good, that was a VERY nice buck, looks like you have one heck of a trophy wall going.

05-Dec-13
Yeah I'm working on it lol.. Running out of wall space.

05-Dec-13
Ace,

Maybe you should stop shooting those corn fed SHB that wonder off the water co.. Well, at least you are not doing it from someone else's stand.

:-)

10-Dec-14
Wild Arts in Berlin Ct, outstanding quality work. Very satisfied with my whitetail.

• Sitka Gear