Ca hillbilly 23-Nov-13
willliamtell 06-Dec-13
loudman70 09-Dec-13
BOWUNTR 10-Dec-13
IdyllwildArcher 10-Dec-13
BOWUNTR 10-Dec-13
IdyllwildArcher 11-Dec-13
21-Nov-13
Just thought I would bring this to your attention. There is a hearing tomorrow night in Sacramento on the introduction of Wolf's to the Sierras as well as parts of Oregon and Washington. Other hearings this week have not went so well so your help is definitely needed.

Sacramento When: Tomorrow, November 22, 2013, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Where: Marriot Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo, Golden State Ballroom, 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815; (916) 929–7900. ? More information can be found @ Big Game Forever and http://www.fws.gov/home/wolfrecovery/

21-Nov-13
Oh no...

So much for elk recovery in CA

23-Nov-13
Quarters I was there ,until I could not stand it any longer..what a bunch of weirdo's , including greenpeace,etc.

23-Nov-13
Hillbilly, so did it look like this (wolfs in cali) is gonna happen or not iyo?

23-Nov-13

23-Nov-13

23-Nov-13
Every time somebody talked about keeping the wolf out of Ca the majority of the crowd was booing and hissing.we were out numbered this time. Thanks JT for the heads up.

06-Dec-13
Add this to the list of really stupid things the State insists on doing. Can you imagine, with native prey species as low as they are, what the wolves are going to prey on? There are hundreds of thousands of homes in the Sierra foothills and as soon as the snow starts flying the wolves will be down. It might be a back-assward good thing, because it will be such a disaster that the great undecided and indifferent majority in Cali may decide this isn't a good thing. It's too late to save Cali from anything, but it will lend weight to other State's efforts to legitimately manage their resources (and keep wolves out of where they aren't already).

09-Dec-13
Betcha I can come up with a good recipe.

10-Dec-13
Hope they bring back grizz too.... the wolves are the least of California's problems... Ed F

10-Dec-13
Can you imagine Grizz in the Sierras with the amount of traffic they get there?

It'd be a hipster shmorgishborg.

10-Dec-13
I'm thinking ... release a few of them in Idllwild and let them work their way north.... Ed F

11-Dec-13
If they released them here, they would probably disappear into the night by the hand of someone who isn't me.

Some years back, the forest service was going to reintroduce black bears up here as they haven't been south of the I-10 except for a few seasonal migratory animals and the locals threw a big stink so they canned the plan and put a big animal underpass under the freeway instead. A study showed that our mountain and north county SD could each support a population of 200 bears.

It hasn't gotten a year round population of bears to move here from the San Bernardino mountains unfortunately and you still cannot shoot a bear south of I-10, although people report seeing them every now and then.

I'd love to have black bears on the mountain. Grizz, not so much.

• Sitka Gear