pearcer1971 25-Nov-13
razorsharp 26-Nov-13
mosshead 26-Nov-13
razorsharp 26-Nov-13
2madjacks 02-Dec-13
24-Nov-13

razorsharp's embedded Photo
This buck gave me a shot I couldn't refuse yesterday.

24-Nov-13
Wow he is one narely old hoss. Congrats!

More pics and you got to tell us the story.

25-Nov-13

At about 0820 it was like someone turned on the deer switch. They were moving! Several does filing past from several different directions. I knew there was going to be a buck behind at least one of them.

There were two does I had missed seeing out to my West about 50 yards when this buck came dogging the trail of another group of does. I guess the unseen does were my decoy! He started heading down wind of me and I knew the jig was up. I tilted my can call and he made a sharp right... right into my scent stream.

I don't know why, but he didn't smell me. e stopped broadside at 10 yards but I was afraid he'd see me draw.

He trotted out another five and stopped quartering away. The 100 gr 4 blade Magnus Stinger took him a little high but I was about 18 feet above him. It exited just behind his off side shoulder and stuck in the ground.

There was little blood for some reason. He ran a long ways. Probably 150 yards I later learned. I ended up doing a grid search and spotted him where he crashed.

I was certain he was down because I heard him pile up. I was really concerned that there was no blood though.

Had this been an evening shot, I would have really been hard pressed to find him.

I'm not faulting the broadhead at all! I rushed the shot and didn't aim small. I should have aimed 3" lower and got Both lungs and some heart.

The broadhead was sharpend on a KME and was scalpel sharp.

25-Nov-13

25-Nov-13
Good Job Razor...

25-Nov-13
Congrats Jim, great buck! Sounded like an awesome hunt!

25-Nov-13
Nice job, Jim!

25-Nov-13
Great buck! Congrats

25-Nov-13
Good Job. Nice buck. Congrats

26-Nov-13

The reason he went so far I believe. Hole on the right is the entrance hole.

26-Nov-13
Cool pic, looks like maybe just one lung or top of both!

26-Nov-13
Top of right lung, most of left lung. Results? Little to no blood on the ground. As can be seen by looking at the exit hole, the bleeder was not present at this point.

02-Dec-13
Hey Jim,

Congrats on a great buck! Just got one question though, what the heck are those circle thingies on the ends of your longbow? J/k bud, that's a great buck. How many antlers does he have on that left side, 2 or 3? Hard to make out for certain.

Congrats again, James D.

Oh yea, how's that armguard holding up? I was alway worried it was to bulky to use much.

• Sitka Gear