10orbetter 19-Aug-14
Huntcell 19-Aug-14
10orbetter 19-Aug-14
CaptMike 19-Aug-14
Dan Barker 20-Aug-14
10orbetter 20-Aug-14
11-Dec-13

Naz MacBook's Link
Governor Walker is expected to sign three pieces of legislation authored by Rep. Joel Kleefisch this week, including AB 8, also known as the Deer Collision Reduction Act.

“The signing of this legislation couldn’t come at a more important time,” stated Rep. Kleefisch. “In the last four years, the Department of Transportation has indicated high numbers of motor vehicle collisions involving deer, creating the possibility of serious injury or death for drivers.”

Expanded bow hunting opportunity with permission camouflaged as more deer reduction to reduce car/deer accidents is a good thing. As those refuge nurseries get hunted, some adjacent land hunters may lose the excellent "restocking" on open lands every fall as deer dispersed or mature bucks left refuges to hunt for does, but at minimum it has the potential to be a great year or two at least inside the refuges for those who can score access.

Sturgeon Bay, Green Bay and many other municipalities in our area already offered limited bow hunts, and even where not allowed we hear some tales of it happening. Now with few restrictions it'll be legal for those with land or connections in municipalities that formerly didn't allow it.

12-Dec-13
Naz,

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in real life.

I only know of one community in Milwaukee County that allows bowhunting.

I am all for having more bow hunting opportunities closer to home with the price of gasoline to go to the cabin.

12-Dec-13
I would like to see more urban or municiple hunts. Many towns have refuges of sorts. I asked an alderman a few years ago in my city (Waupaca) if they had considered it. He said there was no concensus at the time - 1/3 of the people thought the deer were a nuscence and wanted a hunt, 1/3 didn't want a hunt because they loved watching and feeding the deer and 1/3 didn't care. I have the property picked out if they allow it.

12-Dec-13
Rancid, are you out there? Rancid where are you? Rancid, hello!

Rancid:Pure B.S. Again I support your desire to wear a tin foil hat and invent and speculate this illegal activity is taking place but its just nonsence. The insurance industry is not a vector in WI deer management and is not pulling any strings with the Governor directing wildlife management. To say you are dillusional is putting it mildly.

And, to think I was just fooling around. Follow the money trail!

10K + club of contributors to Governor Campaign Funds 2010. The sources for these figures are both liberal and conservative. Sources are: Wis DC.org, Open Secrets.org and Follow the Money. I don't care who the Governor is, I just want a level playing field for all. Why does a guy raise over a million dollars for a $80,000 a year job. No worries, everything is on the up and up! Keep telling yourself that big guy!

SCOTT WALKER

$10,000.00 | 2010 | AMK Concepts & Services | Katz, Arnold | Bryn Mawr, PA 19010 | Insurance $10,000.00 | 2010 | AMK Concepts & Services | Katz, Rosalind | Bryn Mawr, PA 19010 | Insurance

$10,000.00 | 2010 | Aon Corp | Ryan, Patrick | Winnetka, IL 60093 | Insurance

$9,755.00 | 2010 | Church Mutual Insurance | Nickel, Ted | Merrill, WI 54452 | Insurance

Northwestern Mutual Life... | $29,130.00

Church Mutual Insurance | $14,416.10

Couri Insurance Agency | $10,100.00

Specialty Underwriters | $8,150.00

Sentry Insurance | $7,811.00

Hausmann-Johnson Insurance | $7,020.00

State Farm Insurance Co | $6,100.00

Gee Insurance | $5,500.00

National Insurance Service | $5,004.00

Couri Insurance Agency | Couri, Gerald | $5,000.00 Couri Insurance Agency | Couri, Judith M | $5,000.00

TOM BARRETT

Northwestern Mutual Life $29,200 $2,700 $26,500 Finance, Insurance & Real Estate 12,130 $4,199,300 9.48%

Insurance 3,501 $904,699 2.04%

12-Dec-13
I'm guessing local police and fire would get first crack at these municiple areas. They get all the good perks. I got to say I'd be jealous of whoever the lucky person is that gets to hunt in these long time municiple sanctuaries.

12-Dec-13
Woops, I guess I misunderstood. Is this intended to open up hunting on undeveloped municiple land or just on private property?

12-Dec-13
Doesn't matter what they call it, I like it.

12-Dec-13
Municipal

12-Dec-13

Naz MacBook's Link
RC, those statements are from the original bill. What about the amendments?

12-Dec-13
Yea this is a good thing not a bad thing. Get ready to see some monsters taken next year because of this. It was titled deer collision reduction act for a reason. It makes it easier to swallow for those suburban moms that need help swallowing this kind of stuff.... ;)

12-Dec-13

Per48R's Link
Here is the text.

12-Dec-13
RC, don't forget the "Harley Riders Protection Act". Seems like there are plenty of deer vs biker collisions every year. I ride a scooter myself to save on gas and always am a little weary of riding in the dark because my headlights suck.

12-Dec-13
I didn't title the bill. Don't blame me. WE WILL NAME IT THIS BUT, ITS REALLY NOT WHAT WE ARE GOING TO CALL IT. THE KETTLE IS BLACK BUT WE WON'T CALL IT THAT! TRUST ME, I'M AN EXPERT! ANY MORE USED CAR SALESMEN IN THE AUDIENCE? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....................................

Rancid, you couldn't resist! And, I suppose the numbers I cut AND paste in my post are all false. Ok then!

12-Dec-13
Is there anything in there concerning the recovery of deer from neighboring properties. I could see that becoming a huge pain in the rear.

12-Dec-13
Yea its called tell the suburban house wife you hit it with your car and your want to recover it so it does not go to waste. Easier to swallow.

12-Dec-13
AB 8 is the Urban Bowhunting bill. It creates hunting opportunity with a bow and arrow or crossbow within urban area and states local goverments cannot impose restrictions within a minicipality except within 100 yards of a building unless approved by the owner. It is a bill of bow hunting opportunity.

I spent a good amount of time with the authors today at the bill signing. The ONLY reason for this bill was hunting opportunity.

12-Dec-13
RC, sorry, first back on now (4 p.m.), was gone ... no time to look but I thought one of the amendments allowed municipalities to also restrict bows to 1,700 or whatever they wanted? Hopefully I'm wrong on that (no time to check until tomorrow so if you/Geitz know for sure, please post -- I'll check back tonight after coaching son in hoops and watching daughter in Christmas concert).

12-Dec-13
"Assembly Bill 8 – states that local government cannot impose restrictions on hunting with a bow and arrow or crossbow within the municipality except within 100 yards of a building, unless the owner of the building allows such hunting. Representative Joel Kleefisch (R-Oconomowoc) and Senator Neal Kedzie (R-Elkhorn) authored the legislation which is Act 71."

12-Dec-13
They also tried to amend crossbows out of the bill at one time because they felt they were more dangerous and had much longer range.

Not sure who figured out the huge contradiction as they had all but passed the old "full inclusion" bill. As result, crossbows were not removed.

12-Dec-13
Thanks Geitz, I know there were at least three amendments and couldn't recall which ones made it ...

12-Dec-13
That is pretty funny RC, I was laughing out loud reading this right now and my fiancé looked at me like I was loosing it. Probably am but that is a different story.

Check Mate Naz, you should do more due diligence before you try to corner someone with irrelevant facts. You would be great in a political spin room however. If this is not already your life's work you should make it such. You would make a boat load.

12-Dec-13
5 do not and 8 do. Sorry, 7 do and one only insures vehicles for churches. I guess that must equal 8 insure autos. That was earth shaking. This really gets under your skin Rancid. Wonder why? money, Money, MONEY!

12-Dec-13
Haha! Tom and Jerry

12-Dec-13
" Check Mate Naz, you should do more due diligence before you try to corner someone with irrelevant facts. You would be great in a political spin room however. If this is not already your life's work you should make it such. You would make a boat load. "

What are you talking about, what irrelevant facts?? Or did you mean 10orbetter and his insurance industry thoughts?

13-Dec-13
Yes my apologies I read that and for some reason just assumed you posted it. Me = foot in mouth.

If you have not noticed I will agree or disagree with anyone depending on the topic. Plus it has become fun to banter with all of you. Its all about hearts and minds after all.

13-Dec-13
Oh I know it RC, I was a silent observer for at least a year before I joined in on the madness.

14-Dec-13
Insurance companies could care less how many car/deer accidents occur in an area. They simply adjust premiums based the number of occurrences.

There are many companies that donate to political figures for a myriad of reasons. That list means nothing as it was not presented in context.

14-Dec-13
And to get back on topic, congratulations to Representatives Kleefisch and Larson, along with Senators Kedzie and Fitzgerald for introducing and passing this legislation, of course along with governor Walker for signing it. We as sportsmen are truly blessed to have such a pro-hunting governor as Scott Walker!

16-Aug-14
Is anyone taking advantage of act 71? For the newly opened municipal hunts? It will be nice for me to hunt closer to home with a little one at home since i wont be able to make the drive up north

And has anyone else noticed that some municipalities have updated their Municipal Code to be in line with act 71 but others haven't

17-Aug-14
Yep.....it was said along time ago the insurance companies were and are having an effect on the deer regulations. I guess I thought the last insult was going to be the new EAB regulation. Why do we need to shoot 3 bucks in a year when there are more does in the areas that are over populated? I voted for Walker the last time in the recall election. I gave up a lot of money when he was elected and did not complain but now that it is having impact on the hobby I love I am done with him. I won't vote at all because I don't trust Burke, the "fiscal conservative," either.

17-Aug-14
I have a better idea, everyone slow way down, reduce the speed limit to 55, save a few deer, and make the oil producing middle east eat their oil.

17-Aug-14
I have a better idea, everyone slow way down, reduce the speed limit to 55, save a few deer, and make the oil producing middle east eat their oil.

Pure BS isn't that right Rancid? Look at my 013 post, there is no insurance influence on the deer herd. All of you keep telling yourself that.

Blessed my arse! Someone tell me how does a guy that dropped out of school, never held a real job, gets off on financially and psychologically abusing 250 K women, and holds no law degree get to be Governor? And, how does a minister, a man sworn to poverty, afford to send his son to a private university? Walker is the ultimate freeloader, been living off the tax dollar all of his adult life. Just look at his published bio. The guy is a weasel, even freaking looks like one. Hey Scotty-boy, how are you doing on your 250 K jobs? You still sucking Koch?

17-Aug-14
What the heck are you guys talking about?

I brought this thread back up to ask about suburban/ urban bow hunting opportunities because of the act 71.

Not to hear people rant Because they have a full blown case of walker derangement syndrome

17-Aug-14
I work for a municipally and i would LOVE to hunt some of there property within the city limits with my bow. I'm going to bring this bill up at our meeting with the suits next month and see what they have to say about it.. I'll let you know.

17-Aug-14
What the heck are you guys talking about?

I brought this thread back up to ask about suburban/ urban bow hunting opportunities because of the act 71.

Not to hear people rant Because they have a full blown case of walker derangement syndrome

17-Aug-14
Haha, Kevin you are right Walker is deranged.

18-Aug-14
"Blessed my arse! Someone tell me how does a guy that dropped out of school, never held a real job, gets off on financially and psychologically abusing 250 K women, and holds no law degree get to be Governor? And, how does a minister, a man sworn to poverty, afford to send his son to a private university? Walker is the ultimate freeloader, been living off the tax dollar all of his adult life. Just look at his published bio. The guy is a weasel, even freaking looks like one. Hey Scotty-boy, how are you doing on your 250 K jobs? You still sucking Koch?"

This comment says more about the writer and his derangement than any post I have ever read on these pages. What is obvious is that the deranged can only control themselves so long before they poop their pants.

19-Aug-14
Capt that is funny! I tried to read it a couple of times and well...10 seems to have stopped the meds on that one.

19-Aug-14
Capt. and Pasq. That is funny. But everything I posted there is outlined in his own biography. And, did he not rise to power by taking down 250 K women teachers? Did he not promise 250 K jobs? Is he not tight with the Koch brothers? Hey, if you don't crap your pants at least once a hunting season, you are not hunting hard enough. I'm sorry, when Walker is mentioned I just can't resist. I'm just not a Walker evangelist.

19-Aug-14
get over it move on!!! Geez!

stay on topic

there's a community forum for your political rants!

19-Aug-14
Huntcell, take a deep breath. I only do it to get under the Walker Evangelist skin. It's not all that difficult.

There will be some real good opportunities for those that do take advantage. Should be some good bucks available. Is that better? Walker is a short pecker though. Ok, ok, I know sorry.

19-Aug-14
10, you marginalize yourself.

20-Aug-14

Dan Barker's Link
10 or better is what 10orbetter is hoping to get his IQ up to. Angry miserable lib.

here is a link to act 71

20-Aug-14
The guy does suffer from Napoleon Syndrome. That is quite a contradiction Danny boy. I'm an angry, miserable lib. that hunts gun and bow, drives a truck, is in favor of the wolf hunt, supports the 2nd amendment, posts on this forum...all righty then. Heck, I've got it all.

• Sitka Gear