OHA Clears Up Crossbow Position
Oregon
Contributors to this thread:
WBShooter 24-Dec-13
Brad From Hebo 24-Dec-13
tlingit 25-Dec-13
Darmah SS 27-Dec-13
24-Dec-13
The Oregon Hunters Association's (OHA) E-Board recently cleared up its position on hunting with crossbows in Oregon after concerns were expressed that an earlier position statement could be misinterpreted to have expressed support for allowing disabled individuals to use crossbows in archery season. The revised OHA position statement now simply says:

"OHA opposes the use of crossbows for hunting in Oregon."

24-Dec-13
Applause.....

25-Dec-13
I feel much better now as I am members of both OBH and OHA.

27-Dec-13
WBS,

Good news for sure and may help ODFW Commissioners make a decision on January 10th.

I have written to OHA principles and thanked them for having the wisdom to see the threat that allowing crossbows in Oregon's archery seasons would certainly have on ALL hunting in Oregon and the effect it would have on our, already beleaguered, wildlife resources.

It's probably already been said on here that once archery seasons are open to disabled, next will be youth and women, followed by old men like you and me, then finally to all.

LATEST EXAMPLE - WISCONSIN! fell to the crossbow lobby and archery media earlier this month.

I would encourage all that share my concerns to write letters and let the commissioners know what you think about this issue.

Rich

• Sitka Gear