gobbler 08-Apr-14
babysaph 08-Apr-14
gobbler 08-Apr-14
babysaph 08-Apr-14
gobbler 08-Apr-14
gobbler 08-Apr-14
babysaph 08-Apr-14
31-Dec-13
What are your plans for hunting in the coming year and how will you achieve them. Mine is to kill an elk. I plan on achieving this by hunting in colorado for a week in september. To achieve this goal I will be in the best shape I can possibly be in by running and doing crossfit. I will shoot my bow daily,practice my elk calling and read as much as I can about elk. What are your plans. Hope all of you have a happy and wonderful new year

31-Dec-13
With that plan bownut you will be successful. Good luck.,

01-Jan-14
I am going to become a better shot, I missed several deer this year and do not want that to happen again. I'm going to do some serious bow tuning and form correction/retraining. I'm reading a couple of books and am looking forward to shooting more. I too want to be in better shape. I will hike/run/lift at least 3 times/week.

02-Jan-14
hmmmmm. find a new place to hunt and possibly shoot one.

02-Jan-14
I want to connect on a nice archery black bear in WV. Would be willing to swap some farm country deer hunting for a legit area to bear hunt.

James

02-Jan-14
Shoot more often. Get some preference points. Introduce kids to archery. Sunday hunting.

02-Jan-14
get a food plot planted on lease in Mingo so the deer have something to eat when oaks don't hit.

02-Jan-14
Keep my landowner tags :)

02-Jan-14
Hopefully hunt on Sunday in WV! Tired of driving 3hrs to Ohio so I can hunt 2days a week.

02-Jan-14
LOL Jack. grin

02-Jan-14
LOL Larry. Grin

02-Jan-14
Develop timber plan. Clear 2+ acres of forest land for food plots. Get my nephew hooked on bowhunting. Continue teaching two sons how to hunt. Kill a 4 1/2 year old or older buck.

02-Jan-14
You are too funny Jack. Lol.

02-Jan-14
Hinge cut bedding areas

03-Jan-14
Hilarious Jack! First we need to clean up our welfare and thieving image as a landowner though! ;-)

All joking aside - just wanna say that one hope for 2014 is that we all can continue to use this forum for our entertainment needs and share our concerns, needs, and fellowship. And be able to debate but then realize not everyone shares the same opinion sometimes and that's ok. That we can remember that opinions are like a**h***s we all have one some just stink a little more then others but it is nothing a few waves of the hand won't disperse! H

Here is hoping all of us have a year to remember!

05-Jan-14
For 2014 I'm hoping to find a new place to hunt. Have been over run by other hunters the past 2 years. Also, I've missed several deer this year so I plan to tune up my bow with new accessories and shoot a lot more! Hoping for a better year next time around!

05-Jan-14
To get healthier so I can hunt harder starting by getting my knees replaced. Getting close to retirement.

06-Jan-14
1) Improve my proficiency with using a map and compass. 2) Do more backcountry hunting and at least one backpack hunting trip.

12-Mar-14
Retire my pse firefight which is done. Get my oldest step daughter a bow she can hunt with which is done. Shoot more. I had a chance to be tagged out by mid October but missed two bucks . Find a kid friendly place to hunt .

12-Mar-14
Goin to try my hand at a food plot on my property hopefully snuff me out a bird and bear with my bow and hoping i hit the lottery in ky and get an elk tag oh and my biggest plan for 2014 is to hunt more work less and spend more time with the family

12-Mar-14
Kill a spike in Pendlrton county.

13-Mar-14
Hunt, anything I can, every time I can. And Praise the Lord for the health to do so while doing it. God Bless

26-Mar-14
294 days and counting until retirement. Hoping to use most of my vacation hunting here in West Virginia, and if the Good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, won't have to worry about vacation next year. Just hunt.LOL Want to kill another West Virginia Black Bear, a nice buck, and some doe with my bow, and do some river kayaking!

26-Mar-14
Old Crow. Enjoy your retirement. I can't retire until Obama gives me the OK.

26-Mar-14
That's GREAT news JR! That means you only have 40 years to go. I'm sure it will fly by. By then, you will be employed by the Federal Government and making upwards of 250.00 a week.

26-Mar-14
don't get me started. LOL

26-Mar-14
Good luck Old Crow, I have 125 working days, and they can color me gone.

26-Mar-14
Goals ? Hmmmm------> I want to kill a WV Black Bear & I want to Kill every Deer that I LEGALLY can with my bows. I also want to catch more COYOTES than I did this my 1st year----> {10}

I also want to live long enough to go back to Florida to hunt with my HEROS Big Al Smith & Jimmy Casto ! Only thing that coulda been better were that my Buddy's Lonnie Sneed and Bill Mason was there shooting pigs with me!

I Still Get EXCITED putting an ARROW thru the RIBS of a Doe, Forky or any other Critter that I shoot and I wont Apologize for that ! There Is To Much { How Big Is He ?}

My Little 5x4 Colorado bull is Special to me---to you he might be---Awwwwww,, he's just a RAGHORN !

Let's have fun, let's obey the laws of the land, let us use every piece of meat that we can even if we give it away.

May God Bless Each of You----->Ron

26-Mar-14
Good to here from you Ron.

27-Mar-14
I think instead of waiting to get a new boat next year I'm going to get it this spring and start catching more musky. With a 2 a day creel limit I should be able to catch and kill several hundred a year. I especially like catching and killing the big fat females full of eggs. They make huge filets for frying, and the eggs make for a great Chinese soup. I don't understand why people release them? Somebody else is going to catch them. If I can get my full limit that would be 730 of them out of the water. I love cutting their heads off and making hand puppets with the heads.

27-Mar-14
OMG. too funny. Well they are so easy to catch you should have a good puppet show. Ax Jack Whitmire. I think he catches those things too. YOu think those carcasses would make good deer bait? Since they are hungry they might eat em.

27-Mar-14
I don't know about deer but they make good tomato fertilizer.

27-Mar-14
JR---good hearing from you too ! I KNOW---that YOU KNOW----what I mean----Remember us shooting them big Black Bear with those SKEETER NOSED SWICKEYS ? LOL.. We had some good times didn't we ? I'm like you---I still get EXCITED putting a broadhead Thru the Ribs of Anything and Everything---if It's LEGAL---I KNOW that You like Me will find something to hunt and Kill with your bow---I heard this once---I HARVEST vegtables---I hunt and Kill animals---Otherwise I would just Shoot Them with my Camera.

PS----I also would add Marc Fox to my Pig hunting and HERO list---I would love to hunt with him.

God Bless---Ron

27-Mar-14
Yes Ron I remember very well our hunts together. Great times. We need to get together again. And yes I just love to hunt. You need to come over ro Pendleton count and huntb some mountain deer with me at my new cabin.

28-Mar-14
JR, Remember the Bear Hunt we went on in 96 ? My Mom and Daddy went. We all stayed in the same cabin, we had a good time, last time Daddy made that trip.

and I remember back in 98 a group of No Names that went to Africa---we had a blast didnt we ?

Don't Invite me more than Once, I might show up at your Bow Camp---I will even shoot a Spike, never killed 1 of them things, at least not in Pendleton Co. LOL....

As far as people catching and keeping Musky's to eat, I say---God bless them. AS far as cutting thier heads off and making hand puppets with them, doesn't supprise me at all.

I would also say to you Tom K, I Believe you will kill that Elk !

God Bless----->Ron

28-Mar-14
Obviously, Im just kidding. I respect a Musky and would never kill one on purpose. I don't even keep trout anymore. It's all catch and release for me. Hatchery trout tastes like sawdust to me, and once they get color to them I hate to kill them. It just suprises me the number of people that would never even think about keeping a musky but shoot every deer they get a chance at.

In my mind, the 2 opposing philosophies don't make sense to me.

Anyway Ron, good to see you on here. I remember all the little skits you used to do at the Banquet in Ripley. Didn't understand them but I remember you doing them.

29-Mar-14
Goals this year I want to kill My third Non typical whitetail. I also want to kill another Texas whitetail. I want to get my nephew in a tree stand this year and get him the perfect buck for his first. Im going to attend every 3d competition I possibly can and kill my first longbeard also.

29-Mar-14
I don't plan on posting much---but I did like the Subject of this Thread. I have always kept watch on this WVBA Site---which belongs to the Bowsite. Keeps me up to date on what's happening in the State, plus there are lot's of my friends on here that I keep up with even though they don't realize it. The reason I don't post much is the fact that when there is a good Post started it get's changed into something foolish. Seem's like you {ME} are Always on someones feet---or they think you are Encroaching on their territory, go figure. I am 59 yrs old, my Philosphies r mine, I hunt hard and legally, as my Friends will tell you. I am and always have been very Passionate about the WVBA, and the animals I hunt, trap and kill. I can understand you not knowing me or the things I did at the banquets, Lot's of things you have said on here, I didn't understand either.

Rampagextwv----I am Jealous....LOL...I always wanted a Non-Typical whitetail---especially after seeing Jimmy Casto's a week or so ago ! AWSOME AWSOME BUCK! Does a NON TYPICAL GEMSBUCK COUNT ? I did kill one of those in SA.

God bless------->Ron

30-Mar-14
That's ok, sometimes I have a unique perspective on ideas or theories on varying subjects. Comes from formal education in the biological sciences, lots or reading, real life experiences, and a healthy amount of common sense.

I'm willing to accept that there is more that 1 way to skin a cat. I also accept my grandpa didn't always know the right or best way of doing something, and sometimes was completely wrong. I'm willing to change the way I think or perceive about concepts if their are scientific studies that prove a different way is better. I don't hold onto old ideas that have been proven wrong. Just because my Grandpa taught me something that has been proven wrong, dosen't mean I hold onto it for sentamental reasons.

30-Mar-14
Not meaning to sound cocky but I think someone with a formal degree in the sciences of Biology and Chemistry can read biology based books and journals on biology and wildlife biology and understand the concepts and theories easier than someone without a degree in the sciences. The opposite is also true, even though I have a Medical degree, if I tried to read an advanced engineering book, it would be like Greek to me,

30-Mar-14
I'm not a veterinarian but I recognize BS when I see/hear it :)

30-Mar-14
Ron I do remember that trip with your mom and dad. We had a blast and ate like kings. You need to come to my camp.

30-Mar-14
I hear ya gobber

30-Mar-14
I have accomplished my first goal, knee replaced in February. It is getting better every day. Anticipate no trouble in turkey season.

30-Mar-14
No, really Jack, I don't know anything about engineering.LOL

30-Mar-14
That's great to hear Hookman. I hope you get a couple of big ol longbeards.

31-Mar-14
I am glad you are getting better hookman.,

31-Mar-14
Hookman glad to hear you will be chasing turks come spring .

31-Mar-14
Goals for 2014, tag out on Spring Gobblers in 2 states. To hunt with and see my Dad tag out one more time, as he's done many, many times on Spring Gobblers and Deer in two states.(He's gone blind in his right eye, about lost his hearing and he is heart broke over losing my mother.) Retire in Oct. and hunt something everyday in Nov. and Dec. and trap the months of Jan, Feb, of 2015. Do a WV black bear hunt with my buddy Ron Miller. Ron and I have been on some good hunts. Maybe after I retire we can go on a few more. My biggest goal is to be happy, make my wife happy, and see my Dad happy again.

31-Mar-14
Good luck to you LS. Take care of your dad.

01-Apr-14
I remember the 80's----1 deer with a bow and you are done. Like I said, I remember----the WVBA Fought for more than the 1 Tag---I like it---don't wanna go back to where we were. We ALSO have 4 BOWHUNTING ONLY COUNTIES. Think about that 4, We are blessed---and YES there are still places you can hunt without being on a lease. You want to see more and bigger bucks ? I agree with JayD, put an ANTLER RESTRICTION on and then we can see some bigger deer. Also---since the more liberal doe seasons--especially in gun season--we are see bigger deer on our lease in Wirt Co. We even had one 5 1/2 year old killed this year on our lease---believe this--a 5 1/2 year old in Wirt Co is rare.

You can read all the Book's you want--doesn't make you any more than an ArmChair Quarterback. A friend of mine---yeah--just a lowly mechanic tried to get the Engeneers at work to put in am overhead crane for hoisting big engines out of graders, loaders--whatever, anyway---they Argued with him for years that it couldn't be done in the old shop we had. Guess who won--yep the engeneers--however a few years later--when he retired, my friend got someone to listen to him---guess what ?? They built that crane and guess what ? Yep after 20 years they are still useing that crane. One thing about most rich or well educated people--they almost Always let you know that they are above or smarter than most---Myself-----I will take common sense any day and yes, being a Pastor for 7 years, I know and Understand people very well.

P.S.,I too plan on killing a gobbler or 2 with my bow this year----God Bless------>Ron

01-Apr-14
Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone. Ken has been great with advice and tips on recovery and just pumping me up.

01-Apr-14
I grew up in a coal mining town in Mercer county, living with my grandparents and mother. My dad left before I was a year old. I had to carry coal in a coal bucket to the house every day. I had to cut grass with a sickle. I worked and clawed my self thru school by working every weekend and in the evening. I didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. I've worked for everything I have, I'm a multi-millionaire and retired now, and am not going to apologize for it. When I grew up we were told hard work and sweat would get you ahead in life. I just didn't know that once you got there that people would call you rich and paint it as a bad thing. But maybe you voted for Obama? I don't know.

As far as being an armchair quarterback, it you would change that to a tractor seat quarterback that would be more appropriate . I just don't read it, I practice it. You are free to ask anyone that has been there that my 560 acre farm is as good a hunting property that you can find in WV. That was built with decades of hard work and sweat while building a knowlege base thru books and wildlife and habitat journals. But from what I'm hearing from you is that is probably something to be ashamed of as well.

As far as reading people, I'll put up my 30 years as an ER doctor against your 7 years of Preaching any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I looked into the eyes of dying people, and into the eyes of people that I brought back to life, not to mention sorting out the druggies from people that require narcotic pain medicine, or having to determine if a bruise or fracture in a child or a women or man is from an accident or from abuse. Looking into the eyes of a young mother and having to tell her that her baby is dead. That, my good friend is when you can really read a person, rather than once a week when a lot of them dress up go to church and pretend to be someone they're not.

If you truly knew me, then you would know that I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. But I don't apologize for my knowledge and wealth.

I don't judge or question people, only their ideas and thoughts, and as a preacher, I would think that you would not judge people either, only their thoughts and ideas.

If you really want to know me as a person pm me and I'll give you my # and address. I believe I live less than 5 miles from you. If I don't hear anything I'll just assume you've already made up your mind about me without taking the time to get to know me.

02-Apr-14
For any lurkers out there that have any ideas about breaking in, I ask that you tape a sheet of paper on your chest and back, with open or closed written on it. If it has open I'll try and do my best so you don't get hit in the head so your family can give you an open casket. But I can't guarantee it cause accidents happen, bullets richocet. I can make one guarantee, and that is that you will be dead within 5 seconds of breaking in. And don't worry about trip lines or infrared light beams that may or may not be attached to other weapons. That kind of stuff only happens in movies, Right?

02-Apr-14
Its funny how everyone preachers get a good education and then when you get one and make something of yourself people bring you down and label you rich. I hear it all the time at my archery club and around my so called friends. Doc has all the money. I have sacrificed as well as a lot of people do. I starting investing in the stock market right out of school and make a good living around people that label me as rich but do not really know me. I know what you are up against gobbler. I have worked for all I have too. Just thought I would clear that up. LOL.

03-Apr-14
The only difference between an engineer and a medical doctor is the BS is on the outside of a engineers boots.

03-Apr-14
Well Jack, it's nice to know how you feel. I seem to remember seeing your name in the paper a few times in the last couple of months for something. Can't quite seem to recall what it was about. Oh well, maybe I'll remember.

04-Apr-14
Since this thread has turned into a cat fight (worse than a bunch of women) and I'm the owner of this thread how do I delete it? I started this thread just to see what goals people had PERIOD. Then the comedians come out and before long it turns into an arguement. Sorry I started this, it seems that most threads on here get hijacked and I'm starting to get tired of it. So if any of you know how I can get this thread deleted please send me a PM.

04-Apr-14
No offence to anyone My goal is to be like Gobbler. Apparently you have a few years on me but seems we were both raised with the same thoughts.

I am still in the working my butt off phase and will be for the next 20 years.

on another side and back on main topic, I plan to find a better place to hunt, Improve the area and make it cleaner than when it was than when I first found the area.

04-Apr-14
you might not feel like that one day when you need a Dr.

04-Apr-14
you might not feel like that one day when you need a Dr.

04-Apr-14
Bubba, your right. When we grew up you admired people that had worked hard and became successful legally. That was the American dream. That's why people legally immigrated here. That's how our country became so great.

Somehow, in the last 5 or so years with the help of Obama people don't admire successful people anymore. They're looked at as evil, greedy people. Today, people want everything without working for it. They act like the're owed a living just for being born.

If this ideology dosen't get turned around soon the great Country that we grew up in won't be here much longer. They're chipping at it every day.

Ron, Jack I don't know why I offend both of you so much. In fact, I don't really care. I could post more derogatory stuff about both of you and you could keep calling me names. But, what is the point?

You both don't like me and now I don't like you , and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

So, let's get back to the original post.

04-Apr-14
my goal is to kill a bigger mingo county buck then all my buddys in lease,,

04-Apr-14
I belong to the same lease. My goal is to kill one bigger than Georgie Coleman's. 8^) ###=====>

04-Apr-14
Well, I'm on the same lease and I'm going to kill a bigger one than both of ya'll AND any other members that might post on here.

04-Apr-14
Tom I'm sorry I was part of the problem that hijacked this thread . For that I'm SORRY .

04-Apr-14
I hope to help my buddies who killed bigger deer than all others drag their deer out. I would settle for the smallest of the big bucks as long as its bigger than Bobs. :)

04-Apr-14
Ron... Well thought out strategic insights from a preacher. Might want to recalibrate your judgement filter.

Jack....thanks for comparing medical doctors to engineers. I take that as a compliment

Gobbler. I appreciate all the time and knowledge you share on this forum. I like the fact that you have a very unique angle given your educational and professional background. Please keep it up

That goes for most everyone that contributes. I absorb more than i contribute and i thank you for that.

05-Apr-14
Well this thread sure turned ugly! Needs to be deleted. Too bad too, WVBownut, as you had a nice idea for a thread.

06-Apr-14
I been gone way to long, was in KY for the Tradfest. WOW what a Thread, Like I said earlier, the Threads almost always get changed. Tom, like Jack I apologize to you. JR, are you sure you read these posts from the Top Down? You should know me pretty well, we spent about 2 weeks in Africa, anouther trip to Canada on a bear hunt and numerous trips here and there shooting our bows together. You and I both have opened our holms up to one another many times. I think you can say that you have never heard me make a remark about YOUR MONEY, or HOW RICH you are, or that DR JR the DENTIST has it made. I just thought you were one of the common guys cause thats the way you acted. On the other hand, I never heard you say I am a multi-millionaire either or that you were smarter than the rest of us--even though you were, lol. One of the things I liked about you was your love for your Daddy, I didn't really know him, but I wonder if you remember what I remember about your daddy ? Remember when I came up and we were going to Denton Hills, and I d=had a bad abscessed tooth? Do you remember what your Daddy said when we met and you told him we were going to Denton Hills for about 4 days ? I remember him asking you a question---remember what it was ? I will never forget---he said---He's your friend isn't he, you said yeah, he said, well, why don't you take him to the office and GET THAT TOOTH OUT OF THERE. Remember us going there and about midnight you pulled a Wisdom Tooth for me and the next day we went to Denton Hills. I will never forget that about your Daddy. To me you were just one of the good ol boys, passin gas, eating ferky and shooting your bow. Heck I even remember helping you pick up pop cans to bring home, you always saved them and when you CASHED them in, THIS WENT INTO YOUR HUNT MONEY. We had some good times and yes, I might just like to come to Pendelton Co, heck, I will even shoot a SPIKE ! LOL

06-Apr-14
FERKY,,,,,,lol,,,I meant JERKY,,,we sure ate a Ton of it didn't we JR? To the OTHER---like I said I sometimes wonder where you r comming from, I personally don't really care how rich or how smart you r. I even think you have a right to your opinion, same as I do and everyone else on here. However I don't think that just because you r a multimillionaire and that you r smarter that the Most of us, " your own admission" you have a right to badger and intimidate,and Constantly argue and yes, "RUNNOFT" people. I will let you in on something, I didn't vote for NoBomma, however I had EVERY Right to. I even thought about a cup of coffee at the local Mac Ds with you, however since comming back and seeing on here how rich, smart and how much common sense you have, your farm and all the other things you have put on here, you did say you didn't like me remember ? anyway, I Already know you, course, I know lot's of youses,,yea, I know,, my grammer. and your response about killing people ??? Where did that come from, I know, I don't have much common sense, I had to ask what you were talking about, myself, those r the kinda respnses that I am talking about. I think talk like this has no place on a bowsite forum. You r one of the WVBA's Directors, right ? By the way, I am not strategic, thats way to serious for me, or do I need to recalibrate, my judgement filter is pretty good and by the way, I don't judge, but black and white is here for all of us to see. Like I said in 1 of my 1st posts--people get on here and think they Run The Show, because MOST of the Time they R use to GETTING THIER WAY. I always wonderd why Some get so UPSET Thinking that you "me" are on THIER TURF-----like I heard this weekend---doesnt Rush say " I am just a harmless little fuzz ball" I and most of us on here are just common people and live a simple life, life is short, lets have fun and get along----God Bless------->Ron

06-Apr-14
You end a tear down a person post with God Bless, lol. I don't think God would bless that post Ron.

06-Apr-14
You know, it has always amazed me how reasonably intelligent folks could see, read, or hear the exact same thing, and draw such different conclusions.

Oh well.... I guess it's as simple as, why some folks drive Ford; others, Chevy, and how the U.S. ended up with a Marxist in the White House.

Now back to the show...... My goal for 2014, is to take a late-season river bottom Elk hunt in Idaho. :^)

06-Apr-14

cabellBoy's embedded Photo
cabellBoy's embedded Photo
start my first food plot on my families land, improve as much as possible with my bow, and hunt this nice 10pt I saw and got pictures of after gun season.

06-Apr-14
Amen Jimmie

06-Apr-14
I was talking to Jack. Lol

06-Apr-14
I was talking to Jack. Lol I thought he was bad mouthing Dr.s . I remember that stuff well Ron.i miss my dad.

06-Apr-14
Let's go elk hunting Jimmy.

07-Apr-14
Wow...i guess my goal of shooting 3 spikes n Pendletn county and then opening up a deer farm areout of the question.....LOL

07-Apr-14
LOL. Big Otis

07-Apr-14
Late season elk hunt sounds interesting. Is that a fenced or free range hunt?

07-Apr-14
I don't know. You'll have to ask Dr. J.R about that. I've been trying to two years to get him to tell me about that late season hunt he went on in Idaho. To no avail so far.

FYI... I really have no plans to go this fall. That post was a little dig at him. He knew what it was and he can take a little dig now and again. :^)

Oh.... and I said, late season "hunt". I said nothing about a fenced deal.

07-Apr-14
You did say "hunt", my bad. Now that you mentioned it, I do remember his pictures from last year now . Great trophies!

A neighbor of mine went somewhere in ID a few years ago and killed a big elk. When I asked him about drawing the tag he said he didn't have to cause it was a "private ranch". Sounded suspicious. I don't know where in Idaho it was?

07-Apr-14
IIRC, he shot a really nice bull and a tremendous 5 x 5 whitetail.

07-Apr-14
Yeah, both were super trophies. I remember the picture of him with the buck and bull and a lot of snow if I remember correct.

08-Apr-14
Go to the Idaho DNR website and look up the late season hunt. I did see lots of fences when I was there. Lots of cattle too. I paid the DNR for my tag. Do I get my money back?

08-Apr-14
No, sounds like you did it fair and square the right way. I know you have talked about hunting Montana a lot. I guess I had it in my mind that you were in Montana.

08-Apr-14
No I was in unit 1 of Idaho. The elk come out of the high mountains to alfalfa fields and we hunted them in treestands along their trails. No calling and bugling but an easier hunt for this old guy.

08-Apr-14
How cold was it?

08-Apr-14
Real cold. OMG. I used my heaviest wool. It was the week before December but the elk were down low. So were the whitetails. I saw a bigger whitetail under my stand than the one I killed but he caught me move and I never got a shot. I saw elk and whitetails from the same stand. It was a great hunt. With the snow on the ground the elk have beaten paths to the alfalfa fields. I saw some really big whitetails. Had the hunt to myself because I was the only one dumb enough to go that late. Killed a dumb old turkey too from a woodshed. LOL. Tags were $5 and you could by a bunch of them. They are the dumbest birds I ever saw. It was a prime example of having big deer because they don't shoot a lot of them. They are allowed one deer I believe. With weapon of choice. I might be wrong but that is what I was told. By Dec. all the locals are done hunting. Saw Mtn goats too. I could look across the River into BC.

08-Apr-14
Sounds like a good unique opportunity for some trophy class animals. Any trouble with stiffening up in the cold and being able to shoot with that and the heavy clothes?

08-Apr-14
Sounds like a good unique opportunity for some trophy class animals. Any trouble with stiffening up in the cold and being able to shoot with that and the heavy clothes?

08-Apr-14
It was cold . I did ok with it but was glad when the truck came to get me. I wasn't shooting much weight though.

• Sitka Gear