Notnormal 23-Feb-14
Whitetail 23-Feb-14
Notnormal 28-Feb-14
gottoohunt 17-Dec-16
bear bowman 22-Dec-16
Tracker 03-Feb-17
bohunr 18-Feb-17
03-Jan-14
I'm thinking of doing a 3 day hunt with my 13 yr old son this Spring. Anyone have any insight/ guidance on where we should go. Ideally we'd like to camp (primitive) and hunt western Md. Thanks

06-Jan-14
Don't know anything about Western MD, but good luck. If you want to try and bow hunt them in central MD, I have seen flocks several times at Liberty.

17-Feb-14
Its been a few years but I use to go out to Dan's Mountain WMA, had a few close encounters but was never able to bag one. There is a primitive camp area off of HWY 220, also another down in the Savage River State Forest. I would usually spend the later part of the day trout fishing, Savage River or the North Branch of the Potomac were a couple good spots. The Casselman Inn in Grantsville also has reasonable room rates if you decide you need a bed and shower for a night. Its close to the Casselman River too, which also has some good trout fishing.

23-Feb-14
thanks dc-archer for the insight..

23-Feb-14
There is a one day youth hunt the saturday before the april 18 opener. It is for youth hunters 16 and younger and they can hunt the entire day. Do your kid a favor and hunt that day. Our group has been 100% kill on that day over the past few years. Great opportunity for kids.

23-Feb-14
Thanks Notnormal...can non-resident youth hunt that day as well? Still might be tough for us since its just one day vs. trying for 3 days mid week though.

28-Feb-14
Yes non resident youth can hunt that day. Use it as a scouting mission for your 3 day hunt. You have to do the scouting if you expect success.

17-Dec-16
You could try Green Ridge state forest. primitive camping right in the forest.

22-Dec-16
green ridge state forest would be my recommendation.

03-Feb-17
Greenridge and Savage both have good turkey populations. I have also hunted behind Rc=Rocky Gap Camp grounds and gotten into birds.

18-Feb-17
Any Easter MD tips for some Archery Turkey? :)

• Sitka Gear