Contributors to this thread:
Aubs8 03-Jan-14
bow shot 06-Jan-14
bow shot 06-Jan-14
CurveBow 07-Jan-14
CurveBow 07-Jan-14
03-Jan-14

Aubs8's Link
Meant to post this the other day...Have to start somewhere...

Take care. Mike

06-Jan-14
They are not confused. Just ignorant, and uninterested in being stellar officers that have a perfect understanding of their laws and their powers.

06-Jan-14
Sorry 'bout that...

Yes, I know that there are great LOs out there, (particularly among the Sherriffs, that so visibly stood up agains the "SAFE" act).

Also sorry, I don't know what ratios to assign for good/bad..

07-Jan-14

CurveBow's Link
Many in the State Police are hunters/gun owners and are just as opposed as we are to this stupid law. However, if they spoke out, we know what would happen to them and their careers.

I am disappointed over the seeming lack of legislative effort to pass new legislation undoing this law. Many Senators are on record as opposing this law, but it seems that its status quo from day to day without any introductions to help undo this law piece by piece.

FYI - those interested - Pat included. Look up thordsencustom.com. They sell a stock that eliminates the pistol grip, thus eliminating one of the features that "defines" an "assault rifle". The law states that if a firearm has TWO features, one of which is a detachable amgazine, then it is an assault weapon. Remove the pistol grip, install the Thordsen Custom rear stock that makes it like a normal rifle grip, and if the gun has no threaded muzzle, muzzle brake or flash hider, the the gun is LEGAL AND NOT AN ASSAULT WEAPON!

I have visited Albany area gun stores and they have dozens of AR guns with plain ended barrels and Thordsen Customs butt stocks for sale. S&W, Windham Weaponry, Rock River Arms, etc. All legal.

The link is to a Rochester area article about a gun company using these stocks. I'll post another link to Thordsen Customs site.

F*** emperor cuomo....

>>>>-------->

07-Jan-14

CurveBow's Link
The link above is to the Thordsen Customs website where you can buy a NYS legal stock to eliminate one feature that causes an AR rifle to be deemed as an assault rifle.

April 15 is the deadline for registering assault weapons. Companies such as Cabelas, Midway USA, etc. are already restricting the shipment of ammunition and any ammo parts (bullets, powder, brass, primers, etc.) to NYS. They have to register by January 15 as a NYS Ammunition Seller and apparently NYS Police does not yet have a system in place for anyone to do this. So, expect problems with any mail order purchase attempts, despite the law not taking full effect on ammo until 2/15/14.

I had a bullet purchase for my ***** (edited for caliber!) on hold by Midway and had to visit their website to release the bullets to be shipped last week. These were a backordered item (of course, what isn't these days!).

>>>>----F*** cuomo.....----->

• Sitka Gear