CTCrow 27-Aug-14
Ace 10-Sep-14
notme 10-Sep-14
CTCrow 15-Sep-14
07-Jan-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
I need some deer bones.

If you are still hunting in FF CNT and shoot a deer, I need a specific part of the deer that you don't use.

I need the joints from the hind legs(see picture).

I don't need a big bone. If you can cut it right before the joint it would be great. If you remove the skin even better but you don't have to. Beggers can't be choosers.

If you shoot one, save them and I'll pick'em up. if you are near stamford, even better.

Thanks.

07-Jan-14
What are you doing with them?

07-Jan-14

CTCrow's MOBILE embedded Photo
CTCrow's MOBILE embedded Photo

The 2 small ones are from a deer my friend shot on saturday. The bigger one I found walking in the woods and made me remember my childhood game. sorry for upside down pic.

07-Jan-14
I want to get a knee replacement see if I can move faster.

Just collecting them. We used to play a game that pre-dates Jesus as a child with one of the bones (ok, more like gambling) and I like to start a collection again as I lost all of them.

BTW,

I will be collecting next hunting season too.

07-Jan-14
Good Luck! That's an Elk Bone?

07-Jan-14
Could be, all 4 legged mammals have then. I just took the first pic I found in the net. BTW if you shoot an elk, I want them too.

Thanks

07-Jan-14
I have some for you I just butchered my deer yesterday, still have the carcass. I'm in norwalk

07-Jan-14
COOL!!!

That's give me an excuse to meet you or have coffee with your dad again.

I'm going to be in Norwalk tonight about 7:00 -+. Would it be doable for you?

07-Jan-14
we! we! butcherd the deer !!!

07-Jan-14
LOL

07-Jan-14
Yes we butchered it. Lol

07-Jan-14
You killed his deer and you weren't even giving him credit for the butchering. I see why he shot your buck now! LOL.

07-Jan-14
Well..... Technically I got the spot and got the permission slips signed, and baited it and put the trail cams up, it's just his stand that he sits in when he comes with me. Lol so...... Technically is it really his deer?

07-Jan-14
Hey Crow, so what was Jesus like as a kid?

07-Jan-14
Lol. Missed a period there. Crap!!! Scary words right there. Had to get married last time I heard them.

08-Jan-14
I have a deer here but Im all the way out in andover. Lil far for some bones in sure.

08-Jan-14
Antler, if you can pull the little bone in the pic from the pic, I can send you postage and a little box to mail them to me.

CD, I don't blame J for leaving Chicago. Have you look at the temperatures over there?

09-Jan-14
Crow,

I'm interested in hearing more about this game.

Are you collecting them from other 4 legged animals as well? If so, you should post this on the main board, you might get quite the collection of critter knees.

Perhaps Squirrel or Raccoon Knees could be used for a travel/pocket version of your "Dead Animal Knees Craps Game"

I'll take a look and see if the ones from my moose are still available. The Yotes have chewed up a lot of the bones, but maybe they don't like knees. We should have some melting with the rain and temps we are going to get this weekend, so ... I'll check.

09-Jan-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
Ace,

Game is simple. It is played mostly in Easter week (holy week).

Bone, like a dice it has 6 sides. It has a flat side, and indented oposite to the flat sied.

Indent on top, you win.

Flat on top, you loose.

lands on it's sides, other persons turn.

Land on skinny tip, win triple.

Lands of fat tip, win double.

People sit on a circle and you call bets. Some bets will be hidden some open. People can put 4 folded bills and you think you are betting $4 but when you lose, 2 in the middle are $20s and you are in the hook for $42.

As a kid, this was an easy way to make money if you had your own bone. Specially against drunk people (ussually dad and uncles) Some are top heavy, some bottom heavy and every bone has a way to throw it so it lands correctly.

Where I grew up, during holy week you could find 15-20 circles of people playing in central park. They would go from the penny to a quarter to hundreds.

If you can find those elk bones, I would love to have them.

I bet I could bet a lot if I posted in the main board but getting them here would be a problem.

I would pay for postage to get them to me if too far to drive.

09-Jan-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo

09-Jan-14
Very interesting, good luck crow.

09-Jan-14

Ace's Link
Like this?

09-Jan-14
That's exactly it Ace. but we don't use them as numbers. It was win, loose, pass.

Vd, it is an old country game brought over and I used to play it as a kid and so did my dad, gramps, etc.

09-Jan-14

CTCrow's Link
In spain, even the mayor of this town plays.

12-Jan-14
Ace,

Did you have a chance too see if the elk bone are still there?

25-Aug-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
Hey guys,

I will be collecting deer knee bones this year again. I don't need the entire foot, just the little joint circled in the picture.

If you guys can save them for me, I'll appreciate it.

25-Aug-14
dont hold your breath for me and bbb but ill try... ;-)

25-Aug-14
HOW MANY DID YOU GET LAST YEAR ???

25-Aug-14
bout 6 Steve.

Yeah, if I wait for you and BBB, it's going to take a while to get a collection going.

25-Aug-14

SmoothieJonez's MOBILE embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's MOBILE embedded Photo

Ed, I meant to tell you I got three of them for you over the winter but can't seem to locate the other 2. I'll find them eventually. Private msg me where you like me to mail them.

25-Aug-14
Private sent.

Thanks

26-Aug-14
I still got 4 in the freezer from last year crow

26-Aug-14
Cool!

Let me know when and I'll pick'em up.

When is your trip?

27-Aug-14
I didn't know CtCrow was playing with his bones. Now he wants to play with mine???

Crow - I'm going to get one this year, just for you. Never knew there was a game that used the knee bones of a deer!!

27-Aug-14
LMAO

Where is the :-)

27-Aug-14
I was serious this time ;)

27-Aug-14
LMAO,

I have my hands full with mine thank you.

10-Sep-14

Ace's Link
Ed, Found this article about a deer with a damaged leg, apparently the knee bones you are collecting is the Stifle Joint, which is found at the place where the Tibia and the Femur meet. Who knew? I wish I saved the ones from my moose for you.

Less than a week!

10-Sep-14
cool story ace

15-Sep-14
BTT

anyone in FFC shot any today?

• Sitka Gear