Rut Nut 27-Feb-14
dgildy 27-Feb-14
mixed bag 28-Feb-14
bill v 28-Feb-14
mixed bag 28-Feb-14
dgildy 03-Mar-14
dgildy 03-Mar-14
11-Jan-14
You have till the end of January to enter the draw for elk hunt in Wy.Just thought I'd put it out there as a reminder to some Give me a call Joe.I'll throw you on my application if you want.Gives us 80% odds.

11-Jan-14
New Mexico just opened. I believe you have until Mid-March to apply

11-Jan-14
Scott, PM sent.

14-Jan-14
Dang I didn't realize we could apply now for New Mexico!

I'm headed to WY this summer for antelope. I'm hunting with BB and a few other bowsiters.

A friend and I are apply for archery in NM this year. If we don't draw I'll probably go to Idaho again.

15-Jan-14
Mixed, do you hunt Wy every year? I not really up on everything in that state. I have 2 pp's for elk and one for sheep.

Bill V.

16-Jan-14
You draw Wyoming every other year for elk Didn't draw last year so I did Alaska

21-Jan-14
joe,i sent u party number you get it?????

21-Jan-14

You draw Wyoming every other year for elk Didn't draw last year so I did Alaska

*unless you apply with RutNut!!! ;-)

21-Jan-14
Mixed, you buy points in july, correct?

you cannot buy point now, is that correct also?

Thanks Bill V

21-Jan-14
you can enter the draw and buy a point now till jan 30.Just points start in July till end of sept

21-Jan-14
Ok mixed, thats what I thought.

Elk-pp for me

Sheep app for me also

Thanks Bill V.

21-Jan-14
Got it Scott, you better check out the fitness thread, this area will remind you of Colorado!!

23-Jan-14
Nah, I work my butt off 365 days a year.I don't need a 30 minute video,lol.Just a backpack and a mountain and treadmill to strengthen my legs.Workout videos are for chicks,lmao

24-Jan-14
LMBO! :)

25-Jan-14
Just finished my application. It's time to start annoying my wife with calling practice.

Dave

27-Jan-14
Good luck in the draw Dave.I added an old partner to mine so we'll see if I draw.Dropped my odds from 100% to 80%.If I don't draw I'm going to Oregon for Blacktails to start working on my NA.deer slam

14-Feb-14
Thunderflight, just out of curiosity what unit have you been hunting in Idaho. I was just looking through the site at other states and I saw your post. I'm in Idaho and was just wondering. I see a lot of out of state plates in our area (a lot from back east)each year.

19-Feb-14
Friday is the big day.I'll know if my son gets to enjoy his first bowhunt for elk.Actually, even if we don't draw,I'll be getting us tags in Montana.so one way or the other he will be the next elk addict.good luck to anyone else in the draw.Looks like I'm going to burn my deer points,or at least try to, in Wy. this year.Their gov't is trying to make too many bad changes for NR hunters to want to keep holding them.Large fee increases that got shot down but will be re-introduced.And now, they are trying to reduce tags to 10% for NR which are already tough to get.After I burn up my points, I'll only be doing the elk point for general tags until it becomes longer then an every other year draw

19-Feb-14
Good luck to you and your son Scott! I'll be back to Wyoming next year.

19-Feb-14
Good luck guys!

20-Feb-14
Well, if we don't draw then I'll put in for LE unit in Co with my points and if I fail again the Montana here I come.I had a buddy jump in on my application so it dropped our points to 1 which is 80% odds.no matter, I'll be hunting elk this year somewhere,and hopefully a great muley tag in my pocket to boot

21-Feb-14
Good Luck Mixed ! I'll just grab a PP this summer.

Bill V.

21-Feb-14
Go luck to all of you that's in that Wyoming draw..

We were going to put in for the high dollar Wy draw that would of gave us a chance of drawing with no points.. But we're going to hunt with a friend from Colorado this year. It will be a otc unit.

I'll have to see what happens in Co next year with a bunch of tags going to land owners from each unit pool.

Wyoming is looking to make changes to keep more nonres out..

Hunting out west in going to get harder and harder and cost more and more. We need a Coalition to regulate hunting on federal lands, as most hunting in these states are on federal lands. Then you hear guys say No keep the feds out of this. Thank good for the feds on our 2nd amendment. If it wasn't for the feds states like California and Colorado most likely would now allow anyone to have guns.. My 2 cents Teeton

21-Feb-14
I agree, something needs to be done to stop making hunting the west only for the wealthy.If something gets started I'd join the group in a heartbeat

24-Feb-14
Well 80% draw odds and I didn't draw.Rutnut wasn't even on my application.Now I have some decisions.Either take a Mt tag or maybe go hunt with a buddy in Oregon for blacktails.Maybe a moose hunt I'm still in shock I didn't draw

24-Feb-14
I just put in for Wy goat and sheep on Saturday.

Mixed, draw season can be a big bummer.

Bill V.

24-Feb-14
Those are some tough odds.How many points do you have?? I have a friend out there that would probably love to help you get a sheep.When you draw some year get ahold of me and I'll hook you two up.He will get you a giant!! He's always out in their range taking pictures of them.id start with the points but I'm too far behind now.Probably take me 40 years to draw if I started now with all the guys ahead of me

24-Feb-14
Scott, Sorry to hear you and your son didn't draw. I checked and I did draw as I expected. I'll be in touch 'cause I'll need a LOT of advice.

Dave

25-Feb-14
If your close to me you can stop and I'll go over some maps with you on where to go

25-Feb-14
Scott, I'm like you, so dang far behind in points but, figured I'll take a stab at it.

No point system for goats. I'll call you when I Draw, lol

Thanks Bill v

25-Feb-14
Bill, I assume you putting in for units that leave a couple tags for a random draw.You never know,lol.But, after you drew that Utah tag I know you have way better luck then me in draws.If you draw on points,I'll probably be too old to hear the phone ring.Good luck on a goat tag though.What are those odds;like .05 percent.I think it I want to hunt for either it would have to be Ak after I won the lottery to pay the guide fees Can I talk with you one night or meet up, to discuss sika hunting.Got scammed from a guy down there this year but only for $100.Just going diy from now on,and you seem to be the man to talk with

25-Feb-14
sure can Scott, Ill put you on some of the swamp monsters.

Are you coming out to Carlisle on sat? if so we can talk then. If not, we'll talk some time.

Bill V.

25-Feb-14
Whats in Carlisle??Is it something I'm going to spend money on a hunt at?? Allentown has a sporting show this weekend and may take the kids

25-Feb-14
Mixed, I see guys drew tags (gen tag) as second choice. Did you put in for a gen tag ? Was it first choice? I see guys have drawn second choice gen tags and still got a point for next year or so on and didn't use or have any points.. I got to learn how that's done???? I thought I understood Wy's draw.. Guess not!!!!

25-Feb-14
Scott, I live near Pittsburgh. I'll send you a PM and email.

Thanks, Dave

26-Feb-14
Scott, The Ubp banquet is the Sat. in Carlisle, thought you might be going.

I put in for sheep Zone 5. My guess is there is tags in the random draw. I had trouble confirming that in the drawing tables. What do you think?

Luck, not sure I'm lucky, that Utah tag was the only tag I ever drew. Been in NH moose for atleast 15 yrs. never drew.

Bill V.

26-Feb-14
Teeton,the only guys that draw general as 2nd choice is in the special draw;$1100.And that's no guarantee.I'm not willing to pay that for any elk license.I am entering the special draw for deer this year,but that's not too bad $$ wise.I'm always one point behind so the only way to draw the deer tag I want is thru special or wait 10 more years. Think I'm going to burn my elk points in Co and do 1st rifle in 501.Then on my way home mule deer hunt in Wy;if I draw.Odds of drawing the deer tag in special draw is 83%.I'm looking for a 170-180" buck so I have to be in a good unit.I shot a dink 140-150 in Mt. already.If I don't draw either of those, its blacktail in Alaska or Oregon Bill I'll check hunting fool and see if theres a random in that unit;probably is What goes on at the banquet?I'd like to go to one.Is there any raffles or auctions??I must be low on the associations list because I never received anything about it.Must be cause I shoot those bows with wheels on it

26-Feb-14
Scott, I cant tell in the fool if there random or not. and I cant tell in the draw tables, let me know.

There's a thread posted about the banquet, yes we have hunts at auction and we have a $10 bear hunt raffle-- Bear Squares 100 squares max. I'll post the raffle board soon. If you want to get in on it PM me.

Bill V.

27-Feb-14
I can throw $10 into a bear hunt;no problem.I'd like to see the list of auction hunts.May be a fun way to spend the weekend

27-Feb-14
dgildy,I sent you an e-mail with exactly where to hunt!!If you cant call in an elk there then you need more practice,lol.Theres some giants in there to but few and far between.If you will shoot any bull you will be coming home with one If you come to my house I will show you exactly on the maps where I hunt.But if you hunt the mountain I gave you ,you will be into elk everyday.I'll even show you where to camp!!Elk are 200 yards behind camp.Not exactly wild wilderness,lol but an awesome hunt.I have another spot about a mile away that's a 2+ mile walk but theres a lot of elk in there too.Wish I was going!!! After you go though I hope you have memory loss.this is my spot that I'm willing to share just don't need it over run

27-Feb-14
Scott- sorry to hear ya didn;t draw! Yeah, what's up with that? I was no where near ya this year! ;-)

Scott- check with Art (Horsethief). There was a deadline for tickets, but he may have an extra one or 2. Would be good to see ya, if things work out.

27-Feb-14
You got it Scott. My lips are sealed. I have been downloading maps to put together a big one to hang on my wall and study. Since this is my first time going, I'm not planning on being picky. Let's try and find a time when we can get together to go over the map. I'll send you an email. Thanks again,

Dave

28-Feb-14
call the BLM office and get the map if you don't already have it.Shows all the forest roads and then I can mark up your map for you.Then you keep it in a safe till hunting season and burn it after,lol

28-Feb-14
Mixed, pm sent

28-Feb-14
Bill, for some reason my computer wont bring up the ubpa site.Everything else loads but that site.I would be interested if I can get on the site

03-Mar-14
My maps are on the way!

03-Mar-14
My maps are on the way!

• Sitka Gear