babysaph 01-Apr-14
babysaph 01-Apr-14
gobbler 01-Apr-14
gobbler 01-Apr-14
babysaph 01-Apr-14
ALW 06-Apr-14
gobbler 07-Apr-14
14-Jan-14
I had been seeing a couple decent bucks around the house but haven't seen any deer at all for a few days now. Has anyone been out shed hunting yet? Any results?

15-Jan-14
Went out shed hunting Monday with my grandson, out of school for water problem, and we didn't find any. Near the Mason-Putnam County line.

15-Jan-14
Nothing yet down here in Wyoming county, actually I'm still getting pics of just about every buck I had earlier. Ed, thanks for starting a good/ fun thread. I've been getting burnt out looking around on here and everyone complaining about something or debating. Archery and bowhunting should be fun!!!!!!!!

15-Jan-14
still getting pics today of bucks with antlers, have seen a couple half racks and a couple shed bucks

16-Jan-14
My wife saw a good 8 or 10 behind our house yesterday with both antlers. Of course it's a city deer with plenty of decorative shrubs to browse on.

23-Jan-14
A couple of us went to our lease in Mingo on Monday and didn't turn up any sheds but we did see one small buck still sporting both sides.

Maybe a lot of those reports of antlers coming off early isn't totally accurate.

23-Jan-14
Saw a herd of deer yarded up yesterday with over 60 deer in it here in Jefferson county whie out calling foxes. Not a horn on any of them

23-Jan-14
I saw a decent 8 pt near the house yesterday , still carrying both sides. Might be a tad early for very many found sheds yet.

23-Jan-14
Seen a buck yesterday with horns mount a doe on the way home from work, and she stood still for him.

23-Jan-14
Pulled a trail camera card yesterday and got a few pictures of a buck or 2 that have dropped there antlers. Rings were visible

02-Feb-14
Anyone finding any? Haven't made it out yet to look, plan on going out in a week or so

08-Feb-14
Anyone found a shed yet ??????? Geesh

08-Feb-14
pull a camera today that had a shed buck on it, just to much snow here yet, plus I don't like to seriously look this early because I don't want to go over a area twice, will wait until march before before I make my one and only annual trip into our sanctuary

09-Feb-14
The weather has been to nasty, plus a lot of ground is still covered in snow. I'd rather sit in front of the fireplace for now.

09-Feb-14
Went yesterday, saw 40+ deer, counted 40+ beds, nothing but deer sign, and found no sheds. Gonna wait a couple weeks till this snow is gone to get out again

10-Feb-14
Checked one of my cameras yesterday and it seems about 50/50 on the shed heads. I had two buck totally shed and two still carrying both sides.

10-Feb-14
I saw over 70 deer today. Gotta be a shed somewhere.

11-Feb-14
A few days ago my neighbor found one side of a big 10 we saw this past fall and early December, and I saw a half rack 6pt feeding below the house yesterday. Yet coming home the other day I saw a full racked 6 or 8pt standing beside the road. So like what others are seeing some are dropping and some are still carrying racks. I plan to walk our farm land this coming weekend (we don't live on that property) and maybe cover the woods below our house as well. I'd like to find the other half of the 10 pt. He's a very nice buck.

13-Feb-14
I saw an 8 point today. Still sporting his rack.

17-Feb-14
kinda hard to find 5 inch spikes.....LOL

17-Feb-14
LOL. I hear ya Big Otis.

19-Feb-14
Saturday's warmer temps might make for a great day to get out and do some shed hunting...

19-Feb-14
I agree little bear, you'll find me in the woods Saturday

22-Feb-14

bowfisher's embedded Photo
After a couple years and miles on miles of walking I FINALLY found my first shed today, nice and warm day, little sunny but the glasses helped a lot.

22-Feb-14
Congrats!

23-Feb-14
Went out for a couple hours yesterday, but had no luck!!! Hopefully I get on some within these next few weeks.

23-Feb-14
my wife went out yesterday while I was in North Carolina and found five, a six pt set, 1/2 of a 10pt, 1/2 of a 4 pt and a spike

25-Feb-14
The small six point at my house still had both sides as of Monday morning. He was with 5 does, all eating grass in my yard. When I came home yesterday there were 7 does in the yard and this evening 4.

We have too many deer in the city...

27-Feb-14
Seeing that small 6 point earlier in the week got me to thinking...do you think the age of the buck or size of his antlers plays a role in when the antlers are shed? Or do you think it is specific to the health condition and nutrition of each deer?

27-Feb-14
I think it's probably both. My experience is that younger deer shed first. I think that a deer than hasn't gotten the proper amount of nutrition will shed earlier also. Just based on what I've read and seen.

01-Mar-14

Logged another 3 hours today bringing my total to 12 hours so far this year. Here's today's finds, and old old skull and a machete someone lost that was under some leaves

01-Mar-14
I am in jefferson county and have 3 bucks on trail cam video that have dropped theres.

01-Mar-14
That one looks to be a year or two old. Definately not from this year.

02-Mar-14
might be a surveyors machete, I'v got one stuck in a tree somewhere??

02-Mar-14
The skull is at the very least 2 years old, I was honestly thinking it was about 3

02-Mar-14
Checked the camera this morning and still have two bucks with both sides. One 1.5 and one 2.5 year old.. JC

02-Mar-14
Got one today and one last sunday. Scored a third one from last year under some hay grass, one tine was sticking up about an inch. Cant believe i saw it.

07-Mar-14
Logged an hour today in a residential area. No finds

08-Mar-14
Ran around my food plots and feeders today and didn't find any.

08-Mar-14
I saw one today that still had both sides on.

09-Mar-14
I went out yesterday and didn't find a single thing

09-Mar-14
Saw a spike today with horns at the cabin in Pwndleton county. Had to laugh .

10-Mar-14
One last spike made it and he was still sporting his horns. Poor guy. I will get him next year.

16-Mar-14
Went again yesterday just for an hour and a half. Nothing. Getting jealous of everyone who's finding them because I'm sure not!

19-Mar-14

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Finally found one in a food plot.

21-Mar-14
Been out in a few different spots haven't had any luck yet haven't seen any out and about sporting any head gear either

30-Mar-14
Found half of a 10pt yesterday evening in the rain, first one of the year

31-Mar-14

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
My nephew found this skull from a cactus buck in Maryland today.

31-Mar-14
Wow never heard of someone finding one of those before, sure would a be a cool find!

01-Apr-14

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
He found this one dead .looks like it got stuck between the 2 trees and died .

01-Apr-14

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
This one is going to be a stud this year.

01-Apr-14

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
This is the rest of a 2 day sweep of 2 farms we hunt in Southern Maryland by my 2 nephews.

01-Apr-14
Wow it is good to see some deer made it.

01-Apr-14
What is a cactus buck?

01-Apr-14
A buck that loses its testicles. They will grow new antler every year, but never sheds its old antler. So every spring new antler grows on top of old antler. Ends up just being a mass of antler material on top of its head.

01-Apr-14
They have worked with neighbors to follow QDMA guidelines. They killed a few nice 130-140 bucks this year and it looks like they're going to have a good crop for this year. This is what can happen if you can work with adjoining landowners and don't have some pathological need to kill every buck you can.

01-Apr-14
You are right.

06-Apr-14

ALW's embedded Photo
ALW's embedded Photo
Found this one today.

07-Apr-14
Good one. I looked yesterday but didn't find any.

• Sitka Gear