Jdawg 24-Jan-14
T ZEKE 25-Jan-14
Buckstopshere 25-Jan-14
Buckstopshere 25-Jan-14
Buckstopshere 25-Jan-14
22-Jan-14

C.Beck's embedded Photo
C.Beck's embedded Photo
It's January........ How about posting some pictures from last year. Hunting , fishing , family.......... Anything outdoors. This picture was taken the first day of my weeks vacation to hunt this year. First time I have ever canoed to a stand. It was a rare opportunity. I paddled through a cross wind, got down wind of my stand then beached. I could get in and out without leaving any ground scent. My wind was blowing over the lake. What a great spot.

22-Jan-14

C.Beck's embedded Photo
C.Beck's embedded Photo
Sorry about the pic......... Let's try another. This is one of my favorite pics. My brother in law and daughter. The expression on her face says it all..

24-Jan-14

Jdawg's embedded Photo
Jdawg's embedded Photo
How about some cold weather pheasant hunting with my son. This rooster gave the dog fits for a good 10 minutes in heavy cover before we boxed him and he blasted off....but my son doesn't miss pheasants very often.

24-Jan-14

Jdawg's embedded Photo
Jdawg's embedded Photo
Or some blue crabs. got about a bushell of nice crabs off my cousins crab line on the Choptank River in the Chesapeake area.

25-Jan-14

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
I like this picture taken while I was videoing him at the same time from my ground blind. This to me is a "cull" buck, what do you think ?...Tom

25-Jan-14

Buckstopshere's embedded Photo
Man, those crabs make my mouth water! My daughter and I had a ball checking crab traps on Ocracoke Island, N.C. We caught 56 legal crabs in a week...enough for two feasts...along with lots of clams!

25-Jan-14

Me, hunting Elk in the Rawah wilderness in Colorado last September. Called a dandy bull in to 20 yards, but could not shoot...too thick. We packed in on horseback and got caught in that 1,000-year storm. What an adventure! Can't wait to go back!

25-Jan-14
Hi Tom...that buck is "antler-challenged" all right, looks like a lot of the bucks here in Allegany County! I think the whole concept of culling free range whitetails (to improve the local gene pool) will not be too successful due to the small sample, their large range, and the effect of the does on the genetic structure of the herd...they contribute 50% right? If someone wants to tag him, go for it. But I would let him go...he might surprise you next year. He might have been sick, protein-mineral deprived, or having a bad year...we've all had those. ;0)

• Sitka Gear