longarrow 31-Jan-14
muleyhunter 31-Jan-14
swede 02-Feb-14
OregonBowman 02-Feb-14
ghost stalker 05-Feb-14
Stringpuller 15-Feb-14
elkslayer4x5 21-Mar-14
31-Jan-14
my wife wants to get me a trail cam...but,there is so many i am having a hard time on which one..i am looking at moultrie or a coverts...the main thing for me is clear pics and how many feet...any other ideas from you guys...thanks..

31-Jan-14
moultrie

02-Feb-14
Trigger speed is important if you are setting it along a trail. It is not very important at a salt lick or water hole.

02-Feb-14
I have three camera`s, 1) Moultrie m-100, takes very good pictures and video, it has different settings for how you want to use it, trail, plot ect, and can be password protected so if someone pry`s it off the tree, they still cannot use it or change the pass word on it. 2)stealth cam sniper pro, takes good pictures and video, but at times I get a white out, over exposer. 3) cuddie back capture, takes great photos and has good trigger speed and good on batteries.

Both the Moultrie and stealth cam can take a 12v external battery pack. I think I like the Moultrie cam better.

05-Feb-14
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOULTRIE-Game-Spy-A-5-Low-Glow-Infrared-Digital-Trail-Game-Hunting-Camera-5-MP-/231001916427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c8c9840b#ht_6019wt_1362

heres a link to the one I bought. Its a great cam and if it gets stolen as least it didnt set you back a bunch

15-Feb-14
Hi! guys, just happened on the Oregon site looking around and seen this thread. Check these guys out as they are un biased about trail cams. They do a lot of testing and tell it like it is. Good luck. http://www.chasingame.com/

21-Mar-14

elkslayer4x5's embedded Photo
elkslayer4x5's embedded Photo
My first trail cams were a pair of 2mp WildView 2's, great for learning how and where to set up your camera, get it just right and you can get a wonderful pic. One of the more important tings you learn is battery life, pir range and as mentioned, trigger speed> I got extremely luck in one of my set-ups, so lucky that the pic I got won me a new trail cam. On the other hand, also learned that you can't trust people not to steal your camera, even when they are cabled to the tree.

• Sitka Gear