Brad Gehman 13-Feb-14
tobywon 13-Feb-14
Brad Gehman 14-Feb-14
Brad Gehman 18-Feb-14
steve 19-Feb-14
Chris Durando 04-Apr-14
CTCrow 04-Apr-14
12-Feb-14
I just read on the Outdoor Hub that a Sunday hunting bill has passed the House and Senate in Virginia and will be signed by the Governor. The number of states that ban Sunday hunting keeps getting smaller..............

12-Feb-14
Yeah, we are an exclusive state.

Congrats Virginia!!!

12-Feb-14
Final votes are tomorrow. This ain't a done deal.

12-Feb-14

Brad Gehman's Link
The Virginia guys used Facebook to organize numbers of hunters. I have a link below.

The NRA, NSSF and Safari Club International were in the fight with them.

Virginia's Senate passed a bill last year, but a House sub committee blocked any action in their House.

One reason the big guns came in this year was due to the Senate win, and also because VA had grassroots efforts, via FB, on the ground.

If you are on FB, look up Legalize Virginia Sunday Hunting for All. Or try the link. West Virginia is also organizing. The PA lawsuit is filed and awaiting a decision by a judge for it to continue. Of course, we have been waiting since October.

13-Feb-14
Brad - Thanks for the update. As I said in my original post, the info I got was from the Outdoor Hub. Maybe a few of our no Sunday hunting states will have rule changes this year.

13-Feb-14
Actually we are watching it closely and it looks like final vote will come early next week now.

A rumor is that the big guns will now turn their attention to the north.....

We hope to gather with some folks down in Richmond when this is all over in Virginia.

13-Feb-14
Gene, thanks for the post.

Brad, I feel that PA is closer to getting Sunday hunting than CT will ever be. Hunting is not only part of the culture for a large part of PA but there are already limited hunting opportunities on Sundays in place such as coyotes and crows.

CT is a far ways off of Sunday hunting statewide, we cannot even get Sunday hunting on private land with archery equipment passed. Maybe the only thing that we can hope for is to have the remaining states that currently ban Sunday hunting change and maybe this could provide support for CT to follow. If not, I guess we will be relagated to buying alcohol, going to strip clubs and smoking pot with our kids on Sunday rather than hunting...after church of course....LOL

14-Feb-14
If our lawsuit in PA succeeds, it will set legal precedent for all other states to use to challenge their Sunday hunting bans.

Actually, PA is so far from having full SH I would bet you guys would have it sooner, if we waited for our Legislature. We can't even get a committee vote on it.

18-Feb-14
The Virginia bill passed today and is on it's way to the Governor for signing.

19-Feb-14
GREAT NEWS FOR YOU !!

04-Apr-14
I live in FL but will be up to hunt my place in Roanoke Co, VA in a few weeks for gobblers. Will Sunday hunting be in place for the start of Spring turkey season?

04-Apr-14
Not sure Chris, you would be better off asking in the Virginia board. We won't be hunting turkey anywhere in CT any time soon.

• Sitka Gear