horsethief51 16-Feb-14
Bob 17-Feb-14
DaleHajas 17-Feb-14
Bob 17-Feb-14
horsethief51 17-Feb-14
14-Feb-14

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Finally made it here Thursday. Nice crowd. Lots of kids shooting.

14-Feb-14

Keith and Ron from Pine Hill Trad Archers. Chise Bows too.

14-Feb-14

Dave from almost heaven is here.

14-Feb-14
Cya tomorrow round 1 or so...

14-Feb-14
Where is the door located where I need to go??

14-Feb-14
Rig ht side of the front.

15-Feb-14

The Schlemmer family is running the booth today. Kids helping kids.

15-Feb-14
I'm on my way now thanks to last nights snow...

15-Feb-14
What door is he looking for? The mens's room?

15-Feb-14

He just missed the Pirate Parrot.

15-Feb-14

He is a pretty good shot.

15-Feb-14

Metikki telling Bob his bear hunting story.

15-Feb-14
Those kids are fun to work with...couple of parents too. Enjoyed time at the booth but the trip back to Hollidaysburg was a real trip. Chickorie mountain was zero visabilty, totally fogged in.

Pat

16-Feb-14
You guys notice that when the parrot wasn't there I was?? Or when I was gone the parrot showed up??

Nice family ya got there Schlemmer Family!! Those kids and mom did a great job!

Shot that #49 Chise-- smooth as butter the bow was....

Still surprised at the number of bowhunters that never heard of the UBP or its purposes/functions and even more-so the number of folks that think its a trad only org.

Great to see my friends and make some new ones!

16-Feb-14
Dale, The UBP doesn't have much presence in western Pa. Seems like all the events are or east. They did one convention in Butler about 6-8 years ago. I dropped my membership after being a member for over 20 years. Hopefully signed up some youngins at the show.

16-Feb-14
Jim there has always been a presence- not a big presence. And worse yet there really are very, very few folks wanting to donate some time. (see Schlemmer Family above:))

We've done banquets and dinners luncheons etc. here in the west. I've been to many many UBP shoots, NWTF YFD's, WITO, Pheasant4Ever etc and right now especially with our economy, few want to ante-up. Its not only the UBP as other orgs are having the same troubles.

That Butler convention was the best hunting related show I've ever been too! And I can remember CJ Winand stating he NEVER believed he'd be doing one seminar in front of several thousand folks at the Lancaster convention. The loss of the annual Pa State Bowhunter Convention has hurt us a bit. The costs to our org financially, thanks to government regulation has been an aid to a reduction of members. Plus it was very hard on the volunteers- a yearlong time consuming process.

Its been my belief- today especially, that we get ACTIVE members leading by example. DHP, 5C Doe Hunt, 50 yd SZ, Bowhunter ED, participation in local events YFD's etc take time and volunteers. Some folks need(ed)a break.

FWIW- Western UBP members were very influential in such occurrences as Bowhunter Ed and the 50 yd SZ, but neither could have been accomplished without the UBP membership's participation as a whole entity.

The 50 yd SZ started as an idea sitting round the UBP Family Campout fire. It steam rolled when the Strictly Sticks Trad shooters-(Gosh did I ever Thank You guys??) gave me approx. 200 letters to state reps, supporting the idea. Eastern UBPer Jen Sager pushed the now hot topic to a rep and the rest is history~(8o)

No org can be everything to everybody at one time. Ive said it many times before, I truly love these members.... besides my wife who'd the hayl else would have me??~(8o)

Thank you for your past support, it DID help in purchasing hats and equipment given away to start programs or giving to participants at events or help in the retention of the bowhunting seasons!

We're looking forward to representing bowhunters as we've been doing for quite some time!

16-Feb-14
Thanks to everyone who helped this weekend. My brain is fried from 4 weeks of shows, so l will give you an update on Monday. Could not have gotten out of there today without the help of many people who did so without asking. See you all ar WR.

16-Feb-14
Thanks to everyone who helped this weekend. My brain is fried from 4 weeks of shows, so l will give you an update on Monday. Could not have gotten out of there today without the help of many people who did so without asking. See you all ar WR.

16-Feb-14

17-Feb-14
Art and Kathy, My family and I had a great time working the booth with you. Thanks for all that you two do to promote bowhunting.

Dale, It was an honor to be able to meet you, you being the second most famous bowhunter in pennsylvania !

17-Feb-14
Nice meeting you and your family Bob. I see you're still delusional after long hours at the table... You didn't walk outta there with an AR did ya?? That guy was kinda pi$$ed when I interrupted to say goodbye lol

Hopefully we'll get to work together again!

17-Feb-14
Dale, That guy was selling a system for setting up long range rifle scopes. What he had to say did make sense. If your into that.

I don't think I am delusional. We need to make a list of famous bowhunters in PA. Ok everyone lets list some names.

17-Feb-14
Bob Kirschner stopped and talked for a couple minutes on Sunday.

• Sitka Gear