BOWJO 03-Mar-14
Rut Nut 03-Mar-14
Bob McArthur 03-Mar-14
Rut Nut 03-Mar-14
bill v 04-Mar-14
horsethief51 06-Mar-14
Dale Miller 23-Mar-14
18-Feb-14
Last couple days to sign up. Still time to call the office for reservations for dinner. Lots of hunts and bows to auction off. 800 279 2024. 814 473 6341.

18-Feb-14
Last couple days to sign up. Still time to call the office for reservations for dinner. Lots of hunts and bows to auction off. 800 279 2024. 814 473 6341.

18-Feb-14
Maybe Metikki will bring jerky.

21-Feb-14
I hope he remember's his designated dragger! ;-)

Save me a spot at the Rowdy table, Art! Can;t wait. After missing last year and dealing with all this snow lately, it will be "just what the Dr. ordered!" ;-)

21-Feb-14
Call me Perry.

21-Feb-14
Gonna have another bear squares raffle.

Bill V.

21-Feb-14
Ok Art.

You gonna twist my arm again, Bill? LOL! :)

21-Feb-14
You know it Rut :))))))) gonna be fun!

Bill V

21-Feb-14
Whatever Bill V can't drag out of ya, I'll surely take Rut

21-Feb-14
Hey Perry we gave your spot away! lol

22-Feb-14
LOL Brian!

Whatchu talkin' 'bout hawk-eye???!!! ;-) I guess you (have to) miss one year, and you lose your spot at the ROWDY TABLE, eh???!!! :(

24-Feb-14
Hey Art- you gonna have the collectible glasses and bottomless keg this year?! ;-)

24-Feb-14
Planning on it.

24-Feb-14
Good deal! :)

24-Feb-14
Got some nice Jack Paluh prints, also bringing a couple of sample Chise bows. High bidder will have the choice of a long bow or one of his new reflex-deflex designs in about any kind of wood.

24-Feb-14
Up for auction there will be a 6 day guided desert mule deer hunt in southeastern New Mexico. It will take place in the first two weeks of January 2015. Thats when the deer are rutting down there.

26-Feb-14
Sounds good, guys!

Hey, somebody save me a seat..............I thought I had everything worked out. Then I found out this week I have to take my son to bowling. Hope to be on the road by 3, but that puts me down there a little after 6. Hopefully I'll have time to get another collectors glass and get it filled a couple times before dinner! ;-)

26-Feb-14
Rut, I'll make sure there's a cold one waiting for you! Drive Safe.

26-Feb-14
I'm workin till 7am then MJ and I will be on our way!

26-Feb-14
Rut you have a seat, and I'll have a cold one waiting for ya

26-Feb-14
Plan on getting down there early. Maybe get a few laps in at the Olympic sized heated pool before the banquet :)

Gotta make room for the eats!

26-Feb-14
Thanks guys! :)

28-Feb-14

UBPer's embedded Photo
UBPer's embedded Photo
Ron Henry donated another bear hunt this year. If your buddies can't make it to the banquet, get ten bucks off them and put them in for a bear square. They can take the hunt or the money.

28-Feb-14
Guess I should buy a square or 2 huh??~(8o)

28-Feb-14
Well Dale,,You can have the last 2. If you buy early, no one else will get in and I'll be nagging Rut the whole time. :)

Bill V

01-Mar-14
Actually Dale, you should give the rest of us a chance and save your money! ;-)

Bill- I'll make it easy on you this year- first $10 goes towards a square! :) Next 10 goes for a UBP Beer Glass.

01-Mar-14
Ok Rut sounds good, see you later.

PS. its not the first or second 10 I'll bug you for-- it's the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.. :))

LOL Bill V.

02-Mar-14
LOL Bill! My arm is still sore! But I'm hangin' in there. Got home at 4 am, got a 90 min nap then was out the door for the swim championships in Wilkes-Barre. I'm runnin' on fumes, but still going. Gonna crash hard after dinner though! ;-)

Thanks to all involved in making this a success! Great to see everybody! Man, there were some great deals! And I managed to win an elk decoy in the silent auction. :)

02-Mar-14
Yup. Great to see everyone.

Thanks to Krista for doing so much work to make this event happen

02-Mar-14

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
We sure had a great time. I just wish I didn't have much time to talk more with everyone. Congrats to all the award winners. The auction items were very nice.

02-Mar-14

Rut got his glass.

02-Mar-14
Rut got his glass.

02-Mar-14
I think :Gene and Ela were surprised.

02-Mar-14

I think :Gene and Ela were surprised.

02-Mar-14

As always, Mike new right where the beer glasses were.

02-Mar-14
As always, Mike new right where the beer glasses were.

02-Mar-14
Man! I wish I didn't have stuff going on. Next year I'm going to make time.. You guys sound like you all have such a great time.. How the hell did Nut drive home after being down there? I would of fell a sleep by midnight, but I'm old.

02-Mar-14

We're all getting old, Ed. Galen Wertz was one of our first 20 members and an early president. He has been in the ubp for half his life.

02-Mar-14
We're all getting old, Ed. Galen Wertz was one of our first 20 members and an early president. He has been in the ubp for half his life.

02-Mar-14
Hope I get the invite next year.Years past I got a letter but not this year.Looks like a good time and a little relaxation Is the disabled hunters banquet coming up or did I miss that too.Thers some members I'd like to meet but never seem to

02-Mar-14
You can heck the UBP website and the newsletter for info on all the events. DHP banquet is April 12and tickets are moving out the door. PM Bowjo for more info on DHP. You did mis a great time and some real bargains. Golf shoot on March 15 too.

03-Mar-14
Ed- like Toby Keith says................"I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was!" ;-)

Yes, Mike and I got our commemorative glasses! :)

03-Mar-14
Art,, I jointed the ubp at the end of his term or right after him.. I think I remember him most, from the Tyler State Park Hunts...

Nut,, did you drive down Saturday your shelf and them just drive home after?? If so maybe next year we can ride down together??? Ed

03-Mar-14
Yeah, I left my place at 2:30 pm Sat. and got home at 4am Sun. Next year would be great to carpool! :) It will be the last year I have to do it. In 2 years my daughter will be in the older age groups that swim in the afternoon.

03-Mar-14
I wonder if they still hold the Tyler SP hunts......

I remember seeing pictures of the anti's and their portable "altars", they'd put up when a somebody dragged out a deer lol. Freakin nutjobs....

The interesting thing I remember was that for this hunt, bowhunting was NOT PERMITTED! And the only sportsmans group to show up, as I recall, was The UBP! Zat true Ed? You recall???

03-Mar-14
Dale, Yup that hunt still goes on. There are "NO" protesters anymore. and There is an archery season there now! The old bat that organized the protest should be pretty old now. I haven't heard her name in years (YEA)!

We used to go there to Protest the protesters! lol

The first year I went is was even, maybe 15 protesters to 15 of us. The next year there was more of us.

Bill v.

03-Mar-14
Good to hear!! I actually had a nice lunch there, with some friends that live in Langhorne.

Was the UBP the only group there???

03-Mar-14
The years I was there , it was just the UBP. I also believe that it was always the UBP only.

Are your Langhorne friends archers?

03-Mar-14
When I was there. Only us ubp,, like Bill V said.

Fun think about the protesters was a guy showed up with a pro life banner over his head. Now when I was there it was mostly woman protesters.. He got into a argument with the some of the woman. He said to them!!! So it's ok to kill baby's, but not ok to kill the deer..

Now I'm not trying to turning this into a pro choice, pro life thing.. Just telling one of the things I remember most when I was there.. Respectfully Ed R

03-Mar-14
I have tons of pictures of the old banquets, shoots and hunt protests here. I will try to post some after I get caught up.

03-Mar-14
I was always amazed of all the groups that could have been there for hunters-year after year, there was only one!

The family we know lives in a housing plan in Langehorn. He's a ret Navy F-18 Lt Col.?? He was a squadron leader, and now pilots Fed Ex cargo 747's. Neither hunt but they love fishing the Delaware.

When we went to Tyler I saw several loons on the lake-couldn't believe it!

03-Mar-14
Great to see everyone once again! Although it seems that I really didn't get to talk to as many as I would have liked to. Or just said a few words in passing.

DHP is up next as Pappy mentioned. One of the committee members will be getting a thread started soon. Would love to see some new faces join us this year like Teeton and mixed. This is a great family event with lots for the wives and kids as well.

Some of the best, most selfless, and giving people I know are UBP members.

03-Mar-14
One of the great things about this event is the generosity of everyone. A couple examples that I happened to witness this year include: a) someone who won a large sum of cash in one of the raffles, who turned around and donated a good chunk of that back to the UBP. b) As we were standing around talking after the auction/raffles, a member came over to another member who is known to run kids shoots and offered him the kids bow package he won for use in his shoots. Then shortly thereafter, another member noticed the bow and arrows and said he was hoping to win it for his kid and offered to trade for a bag target for it. Without hesitation, not only did the member give him the bow and arrows, but he also gave him the bag target and told him to tell his son to enjoy it! That is the kind of unselfish and generous people we have in our fine organization! I'm sure these individuals would rather remain anonymous, so I will not name them. They do these things because they love this sport and they are caring and generous individuals.

03-Mar-14
Perry, that's the true spirit of archers nd bowhunters.

03-Mar-14
Yes Bob- I agree. I have witnessed it here on the bowsite many times as well!

04-Mar-14
Sat night in the lounge. one of our members did not feel well. The 3 guys he was with took him out of there. I didn't get his name and he wasn't familiar to me or anyone near me. Does anyone know who he is and if he's OK? We need to figure out who he is and check on him.

Art, can you e-mail me a list of all attendees? I'll cross out everyone who I know it isn't and I'll figure out who it was.

Bill V.

06-Mar-14
Talked to his brother and he is OK.

23-Mar-14
It was a great time, and we do apologize for some issues with the facilities. The heat situation was really unacceptable. That place was not our first choice but it once was a great venue. It is now well past its prime.

We actually attempted to book our former facility at the end of the previous banquet (a year in advance) and all our dates were taken. We try to run the event after some of the major outdoor shows because we secure some of our merchandise and hunts there AND many of our members and officers are involved suppporting Art and others at the outdoor shows. Also, we don't want to run into trout and turkey seasons.We have only about a 4 to 6 week window and that does account for any other conflicts.

Art, nice job posting the pictures, and thanking you Crista, Paul and Gretchen for a great job, underless less than perfect conditions.

• Sitka Gear