Joe The Teacher 25-Feb-14
zr2driver 27-Feb-14
longbeard 27-Feb-14
zr2driver 27-Feb-14
elkhuntinut 08-Mar-14
longbeard 12-Mar-14
zr2driver 14-Mar-14
18-Feb-14
Okay....here we go....I'm looking for FACT BASED comparisons between a couple of bows I'm considering. Not to be rude, but I don't want to hear, "I have a (insert bow name here) and it is the greatest ever...and I'll never go back." That is not what I'm talking about. My dilemma is this, I have two bows that I really like the feel of, they both feel great in my hand. The first is the Elite Energy 35, the second being the Bowtech Experience. Now I understand one is 35" and one is 32", as well as one is IBO rated at 335 and one is like 310. What I'm looking for, does anyone have any fact based data that would say one is better than the other. For example, I really like the Bowtech's Binary Cam system because the cams are slaved together, and remain in tune very well. I am a right hand shot, 29" draw, and am reducing my draw weight to 60 lbs. for this purchase.

Okay...lay it on me...what do you have?

18-Feb-14
You would get much more of a response if you post this on the big game equipment forum but I think you are going to find that, in fact, neither is better than the other. It's simply a matter of personal preference, and only you can make that decision.

19-Feb-14
I understand that. To my "feel" they are a dead heat, but I am giving the Bowtech the edge due to the fact it stores more energy. I posted this to ensure I wasn't over looking anything. You see, too many reviews are based on what feels good to someone, and that is not what I'm looking for here.

Thanks for the tip on the location of post.

19-Feb-14
But thats what you're going to get. The other side of the coin are the specs, and per spec bowtech beats it. So if you're looking for a speeed edge you have your answer. Nobody is going to report that the Elite shot faster for them. Otherwise, it is all based on personal preference, or percieved "feel". Every Elite I have shot shoots abosutely dead-in-hand off the shelf. no othe bow has matched them for me. I don't own either. I haven't cared for how bowtech shot for about 5yrs now.

19-Feb-14
RLong.....I don't expect anybody to report the Elite is faster. As far as you not liking the Bowtech for the 5 yrs. The Bowtech of 5 yrs. ago, is not anything like the Bowtech of today. I just sold a 2009 Captain that I hated.....but today's Bowtech has there new Binary Cam System that looks, feels and shoots completely different. The cams are slaved to each other, and there is an eccentric rotation...really innovative, and makes a lot of sense. Thats the kind of discussion topics I was hoping to generate here....not "You got to shoot what feels good to you." Anyone who has ever shot a bow knows that.

BTW...I agree with you, the Elites are really dead off the shelf, and have a great valley (which sacrifices consistency), again, things I was hoping this topic would generate discussions on. And the fact the Elite draws buttery smooth, because the cams are so mellow, is why they don't generate as much speed as the other bows in class.

19-Feb-14
I guess I have never really been a fan of the draw cycles of bowtechs twin cam bows. I truly liked their older single cams (which really dates tihngs to 2005-2007), along with the grip. But they changed all of that.

19-Feb-14
Sounds like you have already researched them both extensively. Doubt you are going to find out anything you don't already know.

19-Feb-14
Elite bows are very forgiving and less creeping when at full-draw.Plus the lifetime guarantee of the Elite are the best in the business. I recommend them highly. Keep shooting both and in the end it is what you want in a bow that will matter.

19-Feb-14
I have done a lot of research, and I guess this was my last sanity check...but I think you're right, I don't think I'm going to see anything here that is going to shock me.

Joe, the Bowtech(s) also have a lifetime guarantee, as do most of the high end bows today. I mean, there isn't too much that can go wrong other than the limbs. Now when you say "creeping" are you referring to back wall, or valley (as in creeping forward)? The Elites do have a really solid wall, but nothing I noticed to be that much greater than the others. The valley however, at least on the one I shot was huge....which feels nice, but comes at a price in accuracy. The draw cycle on the Elite is REALLY smooth, but again this is due to the tame cam. The price paid...speed and energy....not horrible...but paid none the less. I guess you don't get something for nothing. One thing I did like about the Elite is the 65# limbs. However, when you think about it, Bowtech is getting about 11% more out of the insanity and experience with only 60# limbs.

19-Feb-14

Joe The Teacher's Link
(as in creeping forward) Yep. FYI-The more you shoot the bow the more you will notice the creeping as I found out with a used PSE a few years back.

Also with the elite I shoot at 55 lbs.with a 400 grain Easton arrow. With my site at 25 yards I hit bull's eyes between 20 to 30 yards. Great job on doing your homework. Both brands are SHOOTERs!!!

Above is a site that gives great feedback on new and used equipment sellers. I have bought two used bows, dozens of arrows, releases,harnesses,sites, and more with out any problem.The archery Industry is turning into a rich-man's sport. This site has help me own high-end equipment at very affordable prices. You have to join to buy and sale equipment, although it is free to be a member.

19-Feb-14
Thanks Joe. I will check it out.

22-Feb-14
Shot the Bowtech Experience, Elite Energy 35, Hoyt Vector 34 and the Bowtech CPXL. I have to say....the Bowtechs have it all over the competition...at least for me. The Experience and CPXL are great bows. For in the treestand, it would be hard to beat the Experience. Super smooth draw, nice valley, solid back wall....and fast. Great bow. The order is going in on Monday.

23-Feb-14
I have a Bowtech Experience I'd be willing to sell if you want to save a few bucks.I have Elites,Prime and Bowtech bows and like them all.I don't think you could go wrong with either of your choices

25-Feb-14

Joe The Teacher's Link
Just an afterthought...I meant to say the Elite Archery lifetime warranty is transferable.

27-Feb-14
Mixed bag....sent you a PM. Thanks.

27-Feb-14
Z I agree with mixed bag as far as you can't go wrong with any of the bows mentioned...I have been a long loyal costumer to Bowtech but just yesterday I ordered an Elite Energy 32...very smooth and quiet with no hand shock...I shot 6 different bows and it was very close with a couple, but in the end I decided that this bow was too sweet to pass on...

27-Feb-14
Yeah...the only thing I don't like about the Elites is just the lack of energy/speed. They are super smooth bows...and they feel great no doubt. I just wish those gentle cams could do a little more.

08-Mar-14
For me I prefer the draw cycle of the E35 along with the solid wall. To me speed isn't enough to compensate for a spongy wall of harsh draw. So therefore I went for the Elite.

It all boils down to personal preference

12-Mar-14
Same for me Elk...I just ordered an Energy32 love the smoothness and solid...waiting for it to be delivered

14-Mar-14
The Elite's have a great back wall.....but honestly I don't notice the difference in the Bowtech. That smooth draw cycle on the Elite is because of that nice gentle cam. It isn't so much "speed" that I fear the Elite lacks, but some things that are synonymous speed. Energy and flat trajectory. Those gentle cams will not store the Kinetic energy as the Bowtech will....and consequently gravity will pull it back to earth in less distance traveled than the Bowtech. Which...hey...if you're a good estimator of yardage, isn't that big of a deal. Now delivering energy to an animal is also another consideration....but if you're a hittin' where you're aimin' (assuming you judged that yardage correctly)...no problem either. I personally went with the Bowtech, as it felt just as good in my hand as the Elite, and that being a dead heat, I felt you get just a little more bang for your buck with Bowtech.

• Sitka Gear