Toonces 27-Mar-14
CTCrow 27-Mar-14
Ace 28-Mar-14
CTCrow 28-Mar-14
CTCrow 28-Mar-14
CTCrow 28-Mar-14
CTCrow 28-Mar-14
19-Feb-14
I'm creating this thread "Debate Free". I don't care if you agree or disagree with the bill or my testimony.

I'm creating this thread to post points to write in your own testimony either in favor or against (I read them all once posted so I know who you are). Please fell free to add any points for other people to use if you choose to.

Please e-mail your testimony to: [email protected]

It doesn't have to be a letter. It can be just an email.

If you are from another state and would hunt CT if we had sunday hunting but won't because you won't travel to hunt just one weekend day and want to help, you can send your testimony to the same address.

you should also CC your legislators. If you don't know who they are you can find it here: http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CGAFindLeg.asp

We need to do this today.

February 19, 2014

Environment Committee Connecticut General Assembly Legislative Office Building 300 Capitol Ave Hartford, CT 06106

Re: H.B. No.5080 AN ACT CONCERNING DEER MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND AUTHORIZING BOW AND ARROW HUNTING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ON SUNDAYS

Distinguished Members of the Environmental Committee:

I am writing in support of H.B 5080. Connecticut's Sunday hunting ban is simply an antiquated blue law that needs to be repealed.

Employment or school requires most hunters to work or study from Monday to Friday and this leaves only Saturday for hunting. This means hunters have only 16 days out of the year. Once you add inclement weather, family obligations and other family or work activities, this really leaves no available time for hunting. Allowing Sunday hunting will increase the opportunities we have to enjoy the outdoors and sport we love an additional 16 days.

We are all outdoors men/women and we eat what we harvest. The majority of us use the venison harvested to save in groceries and many of us share our bounty with family and friend in need. Lots of hunters also contribute to Hunt to feed.

Hunt to Feed is an organization that donates venison to the less fortunately. According to the CT Food Bank, more than 390,000 Connecticut residents are struggling today with hunger. Each deer donated by hunters can yield 200 meals.

SAFETY:

There is no recorded incident in Connecticut's history of a by stander or a non-hunter to ever, EVER being injured by a bow hunter.

FACTS:

Deer/Car collisions, Lyme disease occurrence, and property damage are all increasing. Hunting is the ONLY proven population management technique available for Deer.

Large populations of White-tailed deer have been identified as a primary threat to the health and diversity of our forested landscapes.

In Southwest Connecticut, the density of deer ranges between 40 and 100 deer per square mile. Densities in excess of 20 per mile can result in suppression of forest regeneration and reduction of biological and structural diversity.

Lowering the number of deer per square mile reduces the risk of Lyme Decease.

Few hunters will take extended hunting trips to a state that won't let them hunt on Sunday. Out-of-state hunters pay higher license fees benefitting DEEP and spend even more money than in-state hunters on gas, food, lodging and other incidentals that go along with a day's hunt.

The opposition

Humane society claims that recreational hunting is already allowed six days per week. Opening Sunday to hunting takes away the one day a week when nature lovers may enter the woods to hike, watch wildlife, camp, photograph, or horseback ride.

This is inaccurate because this bill covers only private property. Anyone hiking, watching wildlife, camping, photographing, or horseback riding in private property without the owner's consent is trespassing. Trespassing is illegal. Also, non hunters have 365 days a year when all those activities are allowed in public property.

According to humane society, if Sunday hunting is opened to bow-hunting on private land, arrows know no property boundaries and pose public safety hazards to anyone who is in the vicinity.

This is inaccurate due to the fact that most bow hunting takes place from a tree stand and all shots are taken on a downward angle never going more that 30-35 yards in a straight line. The risk of injuring someone is non-existing. If any bystander was within range of the arrow, the deer would flee and there would not be a shot taken.

According to the humane society, only 1% -- of people hunt in Connecticut.

It is not fair that 1% of the people pay 100% of license fees and can only enjoy the sport on 16 weekend days a year while of the other 99% don't pay any fees and get to enjoy it 365 days a year.

According to the humane society, bird watchers outspend hunters 7.4 to 1. Taking into consideration that they outnumber hunters by 29 to 1 (their numbers not mine), each hunter actually outspend each bird watcher 4 to 1. It only takes 7 hunters to spend the same amount of money 29 bird watchers spend. More effort should be put in expanding the number of hunters.

Members of the Environmental Committee,

We are asking you to defend landowner rights by allowing landowners to determine who, where, when, and what activities should occur on our properties.

It is ridiculous that an activity that is SAFE and LEGAL 6 days of the week is illegal one day.

Sincerely,

19-Feb-14
i feel like I just hit a time wrap and it is Feb 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010.....

of course I compeletly agree with you

19-Feb-14
CTCrow,

By and large I agree with you; one change I would strongly recommend would be to remove any reference to "management" from letters or testimony.

IMO we are painting ourselves into a very dangerous corner when we make that a lynchpin of an argument for Sunday Hunting. It can become very easily the sword that cuts both ways; Sunday Hunting passed to reduce numbers-offers a vehicle to remove or restrict not just Sunday hunting of deer but all hunting of deer if/when numbers go down.

Additionally if the DEEP tesitifies that aerial surveys in at least parts of FF county show a reduction in deer per square mile of 70 to 40 (I believe these numbers approximate what I've seen) someone on the Environment Committee (and likely someone NOT a friend of hunting) or in the Assembly will point out that if you advocate for the sake of management yet the population has already been reduced by over 40% without Sunday Hunting then why is it necessary?

Now we understand there is much more at play in those "numbers" than merely bowhunting; we know it because we are sportsmen; do you trust the non-hunters in the General Assembly to be able to arrive at the same conclusions as we sportsmen?

Make the arguments you made (and very sound ones by the way) about unfair utilization of public resources or the outdoors in general for a segment of the population that contributes fees and spends money that boosts local businesses. Keep it about the right to hunt, not the need to hunt.

We should not have to justify a legal activity; not to anyone, not at anytime-period.

19-Feb-14
Agree with Mike regarding getting past the management argument, it's not a winner when you start peeling the onion.

19-Feb-14
Thanks for the constructive criticism. That’s exactly what I’m looking for here.

Please add in a new message exactly how you would write it so people can copy and paste.

Thanks

19-Feb-14
DONE

19-Feb-14
DEBATE FREE? What fun is that Crow? Hell, if we can't have a friendly debate, what's the point?

Here is what I sent:

Environment Committee;

I urge you to pass a Bill this session allowing Sunday Hunting on Private Properties (with owner's permission). I hunt on several private properties in CT, all of the owners are in support of allowing Hunting on Sundays.

Why not call this what it really is? It is the Last Remaining (Antiquated) Blue Law from a time when the State believed they had the right to control what people do on the Sabbath.

This isn't about deer management, this isn't about Hikers or Horseback Riders, or even Animal Rights, it's about Private Property Rights pure and simple.

Fishing is legal on Sundays, Trapping is legal on Sundays, harvesting vegetables and killing chickens, cows and pigs for meat, is all legal on Sundays, so what's the problem with hunting deer, rabbits or pheasants?

Dan Malloy has said that he will sign the Bill if it is passed by the Legislature.

I urge you to allow all Hunting on Sunday on Private Property in CT. (This of course will eliminate any chance for a non hunter to be inconvenienced while on Public Land.)

If you feel the need to restrict Sunday Hunting to Bowhunting only, then so be it, but please acknowledge that this is really a Property Rights Issue at it's core.

19-Feb-14
LOL Ace,

I figure we have the other 2 Sunday hunting threads going to debate and disagree. Just trying to keep this one on the serious side. I didn't know I had a serious side but sometimes I surprise myself.

Good letter btw.

20-Feb-14
Very well written Crow. I too am in support of Sunday hunting. Please let me know if I can copy and paste. I'll wait to see your revised edition if there is one. Thx

20-Feb-14
Thanks CJ.

There will be no revised edition. I recommend people copy and paste the parts they agree with and leave out the ones they don't. In addition, people can add their own thoughts.

Last year there were a lot of testimony just saying the totally support sunday hunting. That's fine too. We just need to submit it.

20-Feb-14
I don't see any new Testimony posted Crow. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I see my State Senator Mike McGloughlin co-sponsored the bill. If he thinks that will make me forget that he voted for that Gun Bill Crap Sandwich (can I say that in a debate free thread?), he is very much mistaken.

Send in those letters boys!

20-Feb-14
You can say that Ace. Yeah, I only see one testimny posted ad well. I hope it shows up soon.

We'll see how much support we get.

21-Feb-14
Hi Mr. Menegazzo:

Just confirming that I have received your email and that I will be signed onto H.B 5080 by the end of this week. Hope all is well on your end.

Regards,

Ezequiel Santiago

24-Feb-14
I created a Facebook page named "SUNDAY HUNTING IN CONNECTICUT" with instructions and updates on the bill.

Please visit, like and share the page if you can. we need to get the word out.

Thanks

24-Feb-14
Great idea Crow! On my way to Facebook now.

24-Feb-14
Nice Facebook page Crow. I just sent letters to my reps Joe Arisomwicz and Terry Gerratana as I did last year. At least Joe acknowledges my emails with a rational response even though I do not agree with him but Terry is a complete waste of space!!

24-Feb-14
I nominate ACE. crow 40-100 back in the 90s maybe.

25-Feb-14
My vote is for Ace. Call me if you need copy and paste.

25-Feb-14
From my rep Linda Orange, Deputy Speaker of the House......

Excellent testimony! I agree with you and will vote accordingly when the bill comes to the house floor. Linda

25-Feb-14
Nice,

Ask her to sponsor the bill as well.

25-Feb-14
Yup, already did!

27-Feb-14
« Inbox › Message

RE: H.b. 5080

Reply ? Delete More ?

Rep. Sayers, Peggy Show details

I have always supported the hunters in my district. And I will support this bill Thank you Peggy

From: bswl1985 [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:19 PM To: Rep. Sayers, Peggy Subject: H.b. 5080

Hello Peggy,

I am a lifetime Windsor Locks resident. I am writing this in hopes that you will support h.b. 5080 (allowing Sunday hunting in CT.) this is an old blue law. People like myself who work Monday through Friday are only able to spend time enjoying our sport a few days out of the year during the season.

Thank you for your support.

William Stratton Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone.

28-Feb-14
Bill,

Ask her to sponsor the bill. She wasn't a sponsor last year.

28-Feb-14
A big part of the argument should be made for the $ end of it. As a life long deer hunter, I've spent thousands of dollars on related goods and services throughout the years. Just last season, I think I spent about $2,000.00 at least. Adding an extra day would generate even more money to the state economy. Maybe someone in Hartford would perk up their ears when they hear about more loot for the state. Just the thoughts of an old deer hunter.

10-Mar-14
A few more testimonies appeared in the website today.

There are a total of 15 right now.

15 in for hunting sundays 0 for the opposition.

If you haven't done so, just copy any of the testimony above, paste in an email and send to: [email protected]

Or just open a new e-mail copy and paste this in the to: ( [email protected] )

And copy and paste this: I am writing in support of H.B 5080. Connecticut's Sunday hunting ban is simply an antiquated blue law that needs to be repealed.

10-Mar-14
OK,

They are posting testimony right now and there are overr 50 already. Haven't found any against.

10-Mar-14
Sent in mine even though I will probably never hunt on Sunday.

10-Mar-14
Thanks BBB.

I see some people testifying that they want Sunday hunting with B&A but they will like to see it extended to either State or all implements.

10-Mar-14
Done! I read through many of the 80 or so written testimonies and have yet to see one opposed.

Let's get this passed! Baby steps

11-Mar-14
Can someone post the link to view testimonies please?

Many thanks in advance. ~Smoothie

11-Mar-14

tobywon's Link
This should get you there.

11-Mar-14
Looking like a land slide so far.

11-Mar-14
just wait to see how it looks later if they are fast enough or tomorrow.

11-Mar-14
Some good reads on there !

11-Mar-14
E-mail sent in support of Sunday hunting.

11-Mar-14
When do they start calling these things to the floor?

11-Mar-14
It will be there. They are probably off now and won't post anything until tomorrow.

They got over 250 letters in support between yesterday and today and are getting another 100-150 between tonight and tomorrow. Todd is busy posting all those letters.

Go check again because it got updated about 5-10 minutes ago.

11-Mar-14
Cory,

Public hearing is Monday March 17th, after it passes committee, it goes to the house floor for a vote. When it goes to the house we have to start writing and calling our reps to bring it up to a vote in the house.

When we call them, we have to tell them to go see the written testimony to see how much support there is.

I have a good feeling about it this year.

11-Mar-14
275 letters as of right now. I haven found one against it.

Crow

11-Mar-14
Not to sound negative, but the House doesn't need convincing seeing last session they passed same bill with overwhelming 85% bipartisan support. Its getting someone in the Senate with nads to call the bill to the floor for a vote. There inlays the hurdle.

Any ideas on who to lobby for and contact?

11-Mar-14
Point taken smoothie but before we can get a vote in the senate, we have to get it in the house. Before that the envcom.

I know for a fact the senate president is not liked by all in his own party. Its force in numbers. We have to loby as many senators to pressure a vote. I know my democrat senator is in favor. We have to ask them to sponsor the bill and them hopefully bring it up.

12-Mar-14
Smoothie/CTCrow in the senate it has to be brought up by Don Williams or martin Looney, both of whom hate hunting. unless the left and right could trade off on something it will never happen with them in charge. last year the left and the right made a deal on giving illegals a license for a trade off of Sunday hunting but the senate never kept there part of the deal. It's time to take a stand against gun grabbing anti hunters once and for all and start voting them out one by one

12-Mar-14
477 letters as of right now.

I don't know if they are going to be able to find any written testimony against the bill with all those letters in favor of the bill.

12-Mar-14
If/when this passes will all of you that are fighting for this bill to get passed do the same next year to get Sunday Hunting on State Land passed? I think some of the other guys on here are worried you wont or that is the impression I get.

12-Mar-14
I would do the same hunting is hunting to me .

12-Mar-14
The goal is all game, all properties, all implements.

Pat, new laws ussually take effect october 1st. WE WILL BE on a tree on Sunday, October 5th.

But seriously, if you haven't sent your email, do it today.

Just copy and paste the information above in an email and send it to: [email protected]

Or just send a this:

Re: H.B. No.5080 AN ACT CONCERNING DEER MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND AUTHORIZING BOW AND ARROW HUNTING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ON SUNDAYS

Distinguished Members of the Environmental Committee:

I am writing in support of H.B 5080. Connecticut's Sunday hunting ban is simply an antiquated blue law that needs to be repealed.

We are asking you to defend landowner rights by allowing landowners to determine who, where, when, and what activities should occur on our properties.

It is ridiculous that an activity that is SAFE and LEGAL 6 days of the week is illegal one day.

12-Mar-14
Some weirdo submitted 3 letters.

12-Mar-14
You signed my online petition and submitted your e-mail twice.

14-Mar-14
My money is with yours Pat it looks very good this year.

14-Mar-14
why would any Hunters fight to get hunting on Sundays on private land and then stop the fight for getting it extended to state the following years???

I really have trouble figuring out how people think....

14-Mar-14
ALL LANDS, ALL GAME, ALL IMPLEMENTS!

When we get that I'll stop.... Maybe not.

14-Mar-14
email sent and I have no private land to hunt..I hunt state land

14-Mar-14
Thanks Jax!

14-Mar-14
Crow

I don't do the Facebook thing, but if you have been able to help generate this many pro letters kudos to you.

Very impressive effort.

14-Mar-14
Sunday hunting will be the law in Connecticut soon.

I'm starting to get orginized and already secured over 500 letter in favor of Sunday hunting. If it doesn't pass this year, I will have 2,000-5,000 Next year, 10,000 the next and so on. I got plans. I wish I had funds to make it happen.

ALL LANDS, ALL GAME, ALL IMPLEMENTS!

14-Mar-14
I have to say, CJ got over 100 letter signed. He is doing a great job getting support for sunday hunting.

Thanks Chris!!!!!

17-Mar-14
Last day for testimony today. If you haven't done it, do it NOW. unless you are anti hunting.

Thanks

17-Mar-14

Hank's Link
Public testimony is happening right now, see it live on CT-N

17-Mar-14
Watching!

Thanks

17-Mar-14
Was I right and heard someone say this is for only a few of the Zones (5 of them)?

17-Mar-14
I thought I heard that as well.

17-Mar-14
Sounded like that was in the works.

What I find disturbing about all of this is, there are 8 bills being heard for public testimony today. ALL of the other (written testimony added up together doesn't even equate to 1/8 of what was submitted for 5080. I hope our side gets a chance to speak, and the legislators listen.

Early on, a woman legislator (Urban?) said that despite the fact that this is only on private land, she still doesn't like the idea of any kind of hunting occuring on Sunday. She mentioned blue blaze trails that run across some private land? Not sure if that is fact or fiction. Does anybody know where those trails are?

We are playing by the rules. I hope we are not about to get rail-roaded, again.

17-Mar-14
There are blazed trails running through a property I hunt. As currently written I won't be able to hunt that property on Sunday.

No big deal in my opinion, its stupid but not a big deal.

The idea of limiting this to certain zones is a big deal in my opinion.

17-Mar-14
Toonces - The guy said you wouldnt be able to hunt within so many feet of a blazed trail.

17-Mar-14
Yeah, I din't like the Idea of not having it state wide but as it is right now, It would be up to DEEP where it would be alowed and they I think they want it state wide.

17-Mar-14
Yeah I know, but this is a small suburban property and the trail kind of snakes through it.

I am not sure I could set up more than 40 yards from it.

Unfortunately my other larger property is owned by a land trust and they are in the process of cutting trails blazed trails through it. It is also open to the public. It's big enough that I will be able to get away from trails if I want to hunt it on Sunday's, at least for now.

17-Mar-14
Toon,

Volunteer to help and put those trails as far from where you nunt as possible.

17-Mar-14
Crow at risk of starting a debate on a debate free thread, you are not correct. As it is right now, the bill on the table repeals the ban on Sunday hunting for archery on private land. It does not leave it up to the DEEP to determine whether or not they want it statewide.

We (or at least I) don't want the DEEP to make that determination. The current bill would need to be amended to give the DEEP that discretion.

17-Mar-14
I stand corrected then.

I'll go read it again. The part that gives DEEP the right to limit might've been an amendment last year.

17-Mar-14
I think it may have been a proposed amendment last year, but never incorporated. I am pretty sure the bill that passed the house last year and got stalled in the Senate was the same as currently proposed this year.

17-Mar-14
Ok, I stand corrected. The bill as proposed right now does not have a "ZONE" exception. It is statewide.

Thanks toon.

17-Mar-14
Ok so about 5 hours into this public hearing we've heard about puppy mills, birds, farm bills, banning genetically modified zombie seeds, and lots of whining about how pesticides are bad for the environment.

But very little about Sunday hunting.

17-Mar-14
Those bastards intentionally schedule some of the other bills on the same day as 5080 to give antis the chance to testify against it.

17-Mar-14
Is the testimony still going on or is their a replay to watch tonight?

17-Mar-14
Both. Still going on (Bob Cook just spoke) but this will be on CT-N when it over, for replay at any time.

17-Mar-14
It just ended at 7:50 pm

17-Mar-14
There was one more, that got called out of order

18-Mar-14
So is the testimony over ? Or do they just go back and forth ? Maybe the birth control will change there mind .Unbelievable what some people belive .

18-Mar-14
Crow and others.

If you think the DEEP is committed to statewide application of this bill I encourage you to read the testimony of the DEEP commissioner.

He clearly states that the DEEP would support a bill that would only allow Sunday Hunting in zones where there is an over population of deer.

Note his testimony does not say only in Zones where the DEEP determined appropriate or something like that, which would leave the door open for the DEEP to allow it statewide just because they support hunting.

His testimony clearly implies that, that if the bill were amended, DEEP discretion would be linked to over population.

Hopefully the bill will not be amended with this language, but if it is, you have been clearly warned by the DEEP itself on their intent if it is.

18-Mar-14
BTW,

I am not slamming the DEEP. I have no problem with their testimony at all.

I am just concerned that we as hunters are putting too much faith that DEEP will implement this state wide, and if so keep it implemented statewide, if they are given the option to implement zone by zone.

We should support legislation that doesn't give them the zone by zone option.

18-Mar-14
A total of 712 letters were submitted as written testimony. Of the 712, I can count about 6-7 against it and well... over 700 in favor of the bill.

18-Mar-14
DEEP Commissioner is a politically appointed position. Some of them have supported Hunting, and some of them merely tolerate it.

Since they added the extra 'E' to the DEP, we have to deal with what we get, and hope for the best. Our current (acting) commissioner appears to me to be more 'new E' (energy) and less 'old E' (environment). He's a Geologist and Lawyer.

In a state like CT, Hunting and Trapping will always be passions of a small minority. Fishing only slightly less so.

We do what we can, and fight like hell when its appropriate, and often have to settle for small victories, but we always fight. On the issue of Sunday Hunting, this Bill would represent only a small victory; And only a first step. I'll stop fighting when I can hunt deer, turkeys, coyotes and pheasants on Sundays in CT.

Anyone else think a new governor is important this November?

18-Mar-14
Vote everyone that voted against our second amendment out of office. This will be a very important election. We have to send them a message. WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT. WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT..... Start singing now!!

18-Mar-14
How about a new Government .

18-Mar-14
SWK, I'll donate that $55 to the Martha Dean for Governor Campaign!

She is as Pro 2A as they come. In her legal career, she does a lot of work for the Second Amendment. She would be a Dream Come True for Gun owners.

18-Mar-14
Does anyone know when we will hear the decision?

18-Mar-14
They usually meet every 10 or 11 days on frydays so I'm thinking they'll meet on the 28th.

20-Mar-14
Based on the Gen assembly website it looks like it has to be voted on by Monday March 24th to get it out of committee.

Time is short. Keep the pressure on! Call reps and keep calling. I'm sure the other side is doing that after the news clip this morning

21-Mar-14
Environmental committee to vote on bills today at 12pm

21-Mar-14
Passed committee and is being sent to the floor.

13. H.B. No. 5080 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING DEER MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND AUTHORIZING BOW AND ARROW HUNTING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ON SUNDAYS (ENV) JFS to the floor

21-Mar-14
What was the 'S' Crow? That mean substitute language, how badly did they mess with it?

21-Mar-14
I just wrote to my Rep to help bring it up for a vote. Everyone should do the same today.

21-Mar-14
Senator or House Representative?

21-Mar-14
Cory,

right now we have to write to our Reps in the house but CC your senator so she/he knows its there.

Vito, last year it passed the house with overwealming bypartisan support(107-19). Remember to mention that. It died on the senate floor where it wasn't called for a vote. The votes are there.

Also, remind your Rep and Senator of the overwealming public support fo th bill with over 700 people writting in favor and only 10 against.

Vito, you need to write them 3 times.

Also, phone calls work even better. call their office and talk to them or leave a message with instructons to call you back.

21-Mar-14
I think it got this far, just never got called to the floor for a vote

21-Mar-14
It was called for a vote last year and passed the house of representatives by a large margin.

It was never called for a vote in the Senate.

21-Mar-14
ahh ok

21-Mar-14
Crow you had posted a link to find are contacts do you still have it ?

21-Mar-14

CTCrow's Link
Steve,

Find your legislator by following this link:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CGAFindLeg.asp

24-Mar-14
UPDATE:

3/24/2014 (LCO) Filed with Legislative Commissioners' Office

25-Mar-14
It's now up to Brendan Sharkey in the house to bring it up for a vote

25-Mar-14
Call your reps today and ask to preassure leadership.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CGAFindLeg.asp

Ask for a clean bill. NO AMMENDMENTS!!!

26-Mar-14
From my rep 10 minutes ago.

Hi Ed:

I am working to get this bill called in the house, which I don’t think will be too difficult, but the Senate is another story. I know that we will try our best, but with this being Senator Williams's last year, he may or may not have a change of heart.

Regards,

Ezequiel

26-Mar-14
http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/BroadcastMedia.asp

27-Mar-14
VD - I don't think it's on the calendar yet. At least wait till it is before wasting your time listening to them babble.

27-Mar-14
I was gonna let you watch and keep yourself informed of al the great things politicians are doing in our state.

28-Mar-14
In case anyone HASN'T spent any time watching or listening to the Connecticut General Assembly discuss/debate a bill, or even the general goings on in the House or Senate ... DON'T!

You will want to pull your hair out, then you'll get mad and you'll think: "We PAY these people to do this?" and probably also think: "Are these people idiots?"

Many of the comments and questions you will hear suggest something less than an informed and intelligent governing body.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT watch this.

I assume everyone knows the old adage about sausage making.

If you, despite these warnings, go ahead and subject yourself to this mess, I will try very hard not to say: "I told you so!"

28-Mar-14
Hey! It's like watching the Jerry Springer Show. You watch it once and instantly feel better about yourself.

And yes, 80% of them are brainless.

28-Mar-14
you still watching? You are going to run out of brain cells if you don't change the channel.

28-Mar-14
You are a good politician. You already changed from a bacon egg and cheese delivered to my tree stand to chicken in a pot?

I think those chickens already passed a pot bill.

28-Mar-14
Give a man a chicken n pot and he'll be happy for a bit and eat the chicken when he gets the munchies. But give him a bow and arrows and.....HE STILL CAN'T HUNT SUNDAYS.

• Sitka Gear