Bob McArthur 06-Mar-14
Bob McArthur 06-Mar-14
Bob McArthur 06-Mar-14
Bob McArthur 06-Mar-14
Bob McArthur 27-Mar-14
DaleHajas 27-Mar-14
20-Feb-14

Yodermeister's Link
I'm in the middle of one winter archery league and about to begin another.

I found a cool website that I wanted to share with you all. It allows you to create your own paper target using templates and a number of variables you can modify.

20-Feb-14
Anybody else enjoying indoor paper punching?

20-Feb-14

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo
Indoor traditional 3D every Wednesday night at Cloverleaf Archery.

20-Feb-14

20-Feb-14

21-Feb-14
I would give anything to be part of a league that shoots real bows!

I joined an indoor winter league a few years ago and only went a couple times. I was the oddity of the league shooting my longbows and recurves. Most were OK with it and were genuinely interested and asked questions. A few others got a real kick out of making wise cracks and jokes.

I shrugged off the A**holes but really felt the attention I was getting when I shot. As a rule, traditional bowhunters tend to avoid the mainstream and seek solitude or the company of other like minded archers.

I'd say "have fun" but it looks like you already are!

21-Feb-14
It weren't your bows that were the oddity there bro....~(8o) Next time you should try taking Mr AFLACtech with you to divert attention!

21-Feb-14
This past Wednesday night we had 28 trad shooters.

This league is a lot of fun. We shoot 3 rounds apiece from standing positions, sitting positions, kneeling positions, and my personal favorite, resting your target foot on a wax-papered Dixie cup (without crushing it) and shooting, When we're through, at least half of stick around for the "Money Shoot.". The money shoot ioperates like this: We put all the 3D targets away and use the paper targets on the backstop. The previous weeks winner calls the firt shot and we all take that shot. The furthest away is out and they then call the next shot. This gets repeated until there is one shooter left.

Good times with good people.

21-Feb-14
That sounds like a fun game!

22-Feb-14
We have a stickbow night at Chieftain Archery club on Tuesdays shooting the flint round. Either at the appropriate animal targets or field round targets.

How many remember the flint round?

22-Feb-14
Now that looks like a league I can deal with. :)....I don't know that we even have that many guys in my immediate area that shoot sticks.

22-Feb-14
There's a lot of traditional archers in Southeast PA and it seems as if the numbers are starting to grow. Heading out to the PLA shoot now as a matter of fact.

22-Feb-14

Joe The Teacher's embedded Photo
Joe The Teacher's embedded Photo

Joe The Teacher's Link
With numerous improvements made to the buildings in recent years, one of the largest improvements being the 40? x 120? in-door archery range that was added in 2002, we have even more space for club activities such as shooting events and banquets.

And thanks for the site!

26-Feb-14

This round was a little different tonight.

26-Feb-14

26-Feb-14

26-Feb-14

27-Feb-14
Way cool!

27-Feb-14
I'm wondering when we're going to have the indoor coon shoot?

I was told there has been a little over 40 different shooters that have come onetine oe another this year.

28-Feb-14
Wow! Cloverleaf! I haven't been there since the late 1970s when I was under 10 years old. I learned to shoot traditional there when I was five. My father would take me and my older brother up there. My brother won a ton of trophies up there.

01-Mar-14
Bob, that looks really fun! Your set-ups may give us "Sticks Crew Folks" a few ideas...

We've had an uptick to our Thursday eve gatherings here in 2014....it had been just the basic crew, the actual folks who set up the Strictly Sticks events,for the longest time. Lately, though, a dozen or so new folks have joined us, and on a regular basis.THey are locals, too.

Not quite like when I started shooting (again) in 2003, but.....it's showing the interest in Archery is still fairly constant.

06-Mar-14

34 traditional shooters last night at Cloverleaf.

06-Mar-14

06-Mar-14

06-Mar-14

27-Mar-14

Check out stations 1 thru 5. #1 is a turkey, no big deal. #2 depicts a black bear in a 55 gallon drum/bait station. only a few arrows hit the metal drum. #3 is the standing bear behind the drum. #4 is the bear in front of the drum. #5 is the bear at the right rear of the group.

Do the trad guys & gals at Cloverleaf Archery know how to do an indoor trad league or what?

27-Mar-14
That is cool!

So Bob what are you using for bait?? ~(8o)

• Sitka Gear