Rut Nut 17-Mar-14
PA 5-0 02-Apr-14
bill v 03-Apr-14
Rut Nut 03-Apr-14
Joe The Teacher 06-Apr-14
mixed bag 17-May-14
huntinelk 18-May-14
07-Mar-14
wondering what others plans are for any out of state hunts this season.Or hopes,I know draws are still going.I failed to draw Wy. elk but had an invite to Ak for blacktail on POW island.That was too much to pass up so come Sept.,I'll be in Ak trying to add another deer to my slam.I'm in the Wy. draws for an awesome mule deer tag with a private ranch to hunt on if I draw.Odds are decent but with my luck I wont draw.Muleys on the ranch are 170-180 class so I'm hoping to draw!!!I'm also in the moose draws in the NE states but we all know those odds.I added Newbrunswick this year too Good luck to you all in the draws or any trips you go on;safe travels Oh yeah, and Florida for the kids.Almost forgot that.If I don't do that then I don't get to have my fun

07-Mar-14
In two weeks I'll be with seven good friends on our SC hog hunt. This is a trad only bowhunt. All fair chase, no fences, still hunting through the cypress swamps and surrounding forest. This will be our 7th trip there.

07-Mar-14
Sounds like fun and some good eats;good luck

07-Mar-14
Spring bear in Quebec, and apps all over the dang place. More apps then ever before. Getting desperate.

Bill V.

07-Mar-14
Africa with my son in July, depending on the draws, AZ elk or CO mulies in Sept, Canmore for bighorn in Nov. Plus the long shot moose , sheep, goat , bison apps all over the country

08-Mar-14
Ill be in Ohio for 2 weeks from Nov 2nd to the 14th. Same boring old trip ive made for the last 17 years:)

08-Mar-14
My 'trips' will be between camp in Potter co. and here at home for 4 consecutive weeks of vacation :^)

09-Mar-14
No trips just driving a hour to my spots I'm Ohio in November. Buying one more preference point for Iowa this year, that will give me three, hope to bowhunt there November of 2015.

Mike

09-Mar-14
Going to Wyoming county wva in a month to scout the almost heaven lease. Hunting opening day the end of september, then the third week of november.

09-Mar-14
Going to Wyoming county wva in a month to scout the almost heaven lease. Hunting opening day the end of september, then the third week of november.

09-Mar-14
Got to wait for all the draws.. But at least elk.. Kinda hope my friend Gary dose not draw. But don't tell him I said that. As he said that maybe he would drive out west and hunt elk with me if he dose not draw.. I hate driving 2k miles by myself.. It sucks!! :( I hunt with friends that live in Colorado.

09-Mar-14
I'll hit Co for 2nd rifle I think on otc tag if I don't draw my wy. muley tag.So if you need company for a trip like that we can plan.Unfortunately, i'll be in Alaska for the elk rut,and miss bow season out west.Think about it,I told my boy we will go if no muley tag.Probably unit 55 since I know it well

09-Mar-14
I'm hoping to head back to Colorado for the last two weeks of archery.

10-Mar-14
Nothing out of state, but got a backcountry Spring Gobbler/Trout fishing trip planned for North Central PA in May and then Berks County in Sept. for Doe/Bear/Carp! ;-)

11-Mar-14
Her perry,is the bow fishing good down there.My boy wants to try bad but I have no places with carp to go.Makes good trapping bait too

11-Mar-14
Actually Scott, there were more suckers than carp. But they were all over! No shortage of targets. But it was pretty challenging trying to hit those things. Pretty much non-stop action. I'm sure he would have a blast- we all did! :)

11-Mar-14
I know a carp lake!! I know a carp lake!! Na na na na !!! :)

11-Mar-14
LOL! :)

11-Mar-14
"...and then Berks County in Sept. for Doe/Bear/Carp!"

I've seen a lot of jackalope mounts. Some of them were really nice trophies, but for the life of me, I can't honestly say that I've ever seen a doebearcarp.

Sounds pretty scary to me. :^)

11-Mar-14
In August or early September I'm Antelope hunting with BB in Wyoming.

If I have the money I may wait until the first week of September and when I'm done drive to Idaho and elk hunt for a few weeks.

I'm retiring from the Marine Corps in October and will most likely be on terminal leave in August. I'll have plenty of time to drive out and put in the time to be successful for both hunts. However, for the same reasons money is a factor. If I have a job lined up then I'll probably be elk hunting. If not I'll be job hunting.......8*)

I plan on doing some bow fishing this year. I bought a Zebco bow fishing set up last week and I'm looking forward to breaking it in.

There's a small chance I may go turkey hunting in NC in April too, but that depends on if my dead beat tenants move out of my rental house. I need to go down and get it ready to sell and since I'm there I may as well hook up with friends and do some turkey hunting too.

I'd also like to try a Sika hunt in Maryland, but again it depends on where and when I find a job.

11-Mar-14
Ok I don't go carp hunting.. A few years back I was kayaking the Still Water Reservoir on rt 171 just north of Forest City. I was going up towards the inlet and I saw what at first thought was beaver swimming in the water just off the shore line. So on the way back I came down on that shore line. It was not beaver but big ass carp. I guess they were on their spawning beds with there backs just out of the water. The water was only 6 or so inches deep. So who's taking me carp hunt n???

11-Mar-14
After 13 years of buying preference points I am in for Wyoming moose. If I don't draw that I'm cashing in 3 points and heading to Iowa for deer.

11-Mar-14
Steke, you might want to do a little research on the area of Iowa you would be hunting. A lot of bad things going on out causing a lack of deer. Not just quality deer but all deer in general. I too am sitting on three points for Iowa , but at this time, I'm in no hurry to burn them. Three years is a long time to wait.

I'm looking at Western Kentucky for the first week of Nov. and maybe Illinois for the second week if I can put it together.

11-Mar-14
Thanks Bowjo. It's a shame what's happening out there. My buddy sold his place in Missouri two years ago and bought a beautiful piece in south central IA. He has been nervously keeping an eye on things around his place but as of last year all was still OK there. Lots of deer and plenty of mature bucks.

12-Mar-14
What's going on in Iowa????A lot of poaching or trespass.May be the locals a little fed up with all the publicity on TV.Good luck on your trophy deer hunts!!!

12-Mar-14
Teeton, you are really missing out on some fun. Bow fishing is the BOMB!

12-Mar-14
And carp skins make a really nice decorative backing for selfbows... especially on osage. They gotta be big though... so, I guess I'm a trophy carp hunter. At least with carp, I don't have to worry about poaching, tresspassing, or non-residents leasing up all the good hunting areas :^)

12-Mar-14
Ed- would like to do some carp bowfishing this spring! What time of year was it on Still Water Res? May?

12-Mar-14
Mixed, I think theres an EHD break out in Iowa. Waswatching a show the other night and they mentioned a problem on a farm they were hunting.

Bill V.

12-Mar-14

bill v's Link
Mixed, try this link

Bill v

12-Mar-14
I'll be hunting more near home this year for whitetails. Got word of a monster right near my house so what better place to be able to invest the time to kill a deer like that.

No New Brunswick for bear this year. too busy. Off to Lake St Clair for muskie fishing in late June and then finally off to Wyoming for elk in late September. If I have a good summer I may buy a Montana elk license and go straight there from Wyoming. Nice that they have them for sale all summer so I can play it by ear.

That's my only away hunt this year. Next year maybe back to NB but a long term plan is moose in Alaska in 2016. Been on the back burner way too long.

12-Mar-14
Wow,didn't know about that.Crazy how a little bug can destroy a deer herd.what are Lee and Tiffany going to do now????? My friend owns a 365 acre farm in the northeast corner of Iowa along the river.I'll have to ask how things are going on his place.Been meaning to get out there and hunt one year but all these other species not found in Pa wrap up all my time Bill you going for sika this year??If so I'm in 100%

12-Mar-14
Iowa deer if I draw kansas deer if I don't. Pennsylvania and maryland whitetail and turkey. That will keep me busy enough. No deer left in Iowa. Do not bother applying.

12-Mar-14
Been following a thread on the big game forum about the lack of deer in Iowa. The units that I've hunted, 4 and 5 are supposed to be ok, but a lot of the state is having problems. I say problems because they don't really know whats going on.

I talked at length with Gene and Barry out at Harrisburg about it. They said that in early Spring to mid-Summer they were getting anywhere from 1100 to 1300 pics in a two week period on their trail cams. From there on it went to 100 to 175 in the same time frame. They figured the same thing; EHD or some other disease. They got together with their neighbors and started walking the properties. To their surprise, the found no bodies or carcasses. The deer simply are not there. They've never seen anything like it. They said the DNR recognizes it, but has no answers for it.

12-Mar-14
Been in the high country, elk hunting for four of my last five anniversaries. (Sept 16th) Promised my wife I would take her away this year for our 25th. (It's a points year for Wyoming anyways)

12-Mar-14
BOWJO what did the weasels kill this year?

12-Mar-14
Bear in NB first week of June, Tropht Hunter Outfitters, DHP sponsor. I put in for NB moose draw, keeping my fingers crossed, it was only 40 bucks.

12-Mar-14
Meant to ask what the Wensels killed

13-Mar-14
Sure Nut I'd try bow fishing. Just let me know. It was early spring April, May, but it was a few yews back,,SO?? They were like 2 feet long and thick. They were carp not suckers..

13-Mar-14
Sounds good Ed. I'll be in touch.

13-Mar-14
Cool Nut,, When the time comes let me know. I'll take a run up with the kayak and see if their there.

13-Mar-14
Anyone want to go to Maryland for sika deer??then you have tags for whitetail too,and turkey.I haven't gone in 20 some years and they are such a cool deer to hunt.They whistle like elk in Oct so u know they're there but seeing them is a different story You guys find some carp, let me know, you can take my boy along.I'll take all your fish for coon/mink trapping bait if you don't want them

13-Mar-14
Weasels!? Now I understand "notnormal" LOL

Actually, didn't get around to talk about that. They gave me a nice autographed donation for the Disabled Hunters Program. Look forward to sharing a laugh with those guys every year.

14-Mar-14
OK Ed and Scott- will let you guys know when I'm ready.

I'm STILL trying to figure out how Bowjo managed to spend 4 of 5 anniversaries in the high country elk hunting???!!! He must be doin' something right! ;-)

14-Mar-14
Mixed. PM sent.

Bill V.

15-Mar-14
Just sent in the apps for Colorado Mule Deer, New Mexico elk. Fall back will be Missouri and Illinois deer.

16-Mar-14
Rut, I would usually get back for my anniversary,but would always miss my ex's birthday.Told her that my present was she wouldn't have to clean up after me for 2 weeks,lol No one for sika deer/??Well maybe Bill.Would have thought some people would want to get out of state and hunt something new yet still be close to home

17-Mar-14
LOL Scott! :)

02-Apr-14
Hopefully this will be a dream year. My once in a lifetime Dall sheep/griz hunt in Alaska is less than 6 months away!!!! And Iowa in Nov. Already cant sleep. Good luck to all, Dan

03-Apr-14
Wow, Good Luck to you Dan!!

Bill V.

03-Apr-14
Wow! That will be a trip to remember, Dan- have fun! :)

06-Apr-14
Coudersport . Roullett to be specific. And visit my two Goddaughter. The cinnamon bear I saw up there (@ 11 yards) last June was trapped and relocated at 450 lbs.

17-May-14
Think I know where they relocated that bear.we hunted hard for him last Nov.,and someone finally took him out the last day of the extended season,was 450 lbs.On the gamelands right next to Big Boulder ski area Anyone draw any once in a lifetime tags!!!!!Would love to hear if any of you guys beat the odds.I'm still waiting on Wy deer draw.New Brunswick let me down on the moose tag.Still got a .5% chance in Maine,Vt and NH,lol.SOMEDAY SOMEDAY

18-May-14
I drew a WY bull bison tag, about 2.6% chance to draw it

• Sitka Gear