PassThrough 18-Mar-14
JayD 18-Mar-14
gobbler 18-Mar-14
Babysaph 18-Mar-14
PassThrough 19-Mar-14
gobbler 19-Mar-14
gobbler 19-Mar-14
08-Mar-14
Just wondering how many of you use the high end hunting clothes. Sitka,Kuiu etc. What do you like about it and why did you buy it? I use Kuiu Verde camo. It is a little expensive but it comes with a lifetime warranty. It is really light weight my baselayer pants and shirt along with my pants,hunting shirt,vest,hats and gloves (everything I need for a days hunt any time of bowseason) wiegh less than my predator pants and bowhunting jacket. The Kuiu shirt are made out of merino wool (185 &230) and the pants (attack) are water resistant. The kuiu stuff is really comfortable. Just wondering who else uses this stuff and why?

08-Mar-14
I don't use that but I have the silent predator wool. I have the pants, vest shirt and heavy weight coat.,I wear it when it gets colder.,until then I just wear the cheaper stuff. It was expensive but will last me the rest of my life. You get what you pay for.

08-Mar-14
For warmth I think the base layer is most important and I buy the higher end stuff. This year I bought the under armor - infrared cold gear shirt and pants and I thought it worked pretty good. I do love my heated vest to stay warm in cold weather though! Have one from cabelas and one from thermologic - one for hunting and one for work. Only use the vest and no jacket even in the coldest of the weather.

08-Mar-14
The only high end hunting clothes I use are Rivers West Raingear. I can keep warm with layers of regular clothing per se. But....RW raingear IS literally waterproof and completely silent. Ive heard other companies say the same thing.......but Ive been in torrential rainouts, snow, high wet grass/weeds etc. etc. in the RW and not one drop of water gets through the fabric. Ever. Ive never seen anything like it. It is as good as they say it is....and thank goodness there are still things like that. worth the price if you like hunting that much.

08-Mar-14
The only thing I usualy wear is my scent-lok full season coat and pants and some base layers.

10-Mar-14
I have become very fond of wool products. I have a pair of Minus 33 brand merino wool long underwear that is absolutely fantastic. I have used Patagonia Capeline and Duofold long underwear and they are not nearly as comfortable. The merino wool breathes to allow your perspiration to escape and it doesn't retain odors either. I used to use Scent Lock type products but I have migrated away from these products as I have found myself just as successful wearing cloths without scentlock. I would love to try Kuiu or Day One but it doesn't look like it will be in my budget anytime soon.

12-Mar-14
Believe it or not, Scentblocker has come out with a turkey vest.

12-Mar-14
well I suppose there are a few of the very misinformed that could be swayed into thinking turkeys can smell.......geez, people bought primos bagged up deer droppings.......and THAT was unbelievable.....

12-Mar-14
Back in the early 90s a group of 4 or 5 of us would drive out west and hunt Merriams in WY, Montana, and South Dakota every spring for several years. Hunted mainly national forest land or paid small trespass fees for private land. A Wyoming rancher was showing us his boundries and a gobbler was about a half mile across a wheat field strutting. We stopped and looked at it and it strutted out of the field. The rancher looked at us and said it must of winded us. Told us they could smell than deer. We thought he was joking, but he wasn't. He really thought that.

12-Mar-14
Are you serious? Isn't that why they used to come to my calling and then I would never see em again? I was wondering what caused that .

13-Mar-14
If turkey could smell half as good as a deer does, we'd never kill one!

13-Mar-14
Wool base layers, underwear, and socks. Fleece or wool over that in needed layers. Wool isn't cheap but the minus 33 base layers are the BOMB. God Bless

13-Mar-14
I have designer tailored camo made in Paris. It's expensive,and not very warm but man, it looks good.

14-Mar-14
Didn't Tink come out with a turkey lure? Wonder how many fell for that? Oops should have said scent I guess - saying lure might get a few guys to start baiting up there hooks with kernels of corn!

14-Mar-14
turkey lure.....LMAO......

15-Mar-14
southern states sells a turkey lure. Called corn

15-Mar-14
I would say many a WV turkey gets hammered over corn as well..........

16-Mar-14
LOL I am pretty sure that there was a Tink's turkey scent lure...

18-Mar-14
still LMAO.......

18-Mar-14
So, was Tink's bottling hen pee pee?

18-Mar-14

JayD's embedded Photo
JayD's embedded Photo
Found a picture!

18-Mar-14
People become millionaires by selling stupid stuff every year by the right marketing strategy. Pet rocks, mood rings, duck dynasty stuff.

18-Mar-14
Hey don't be knocking my pet rock. Lol

19-Mar-14
You can buy a star, I think.

19-Mar-14
You're right. It's funny but if you market the right gimmick, you've got it made. Beats actually working for a living.

When my wife and I were in Costa Rica fishing for sailfish there was a giant yacht at the marina that was well over a hundred foot long. It had its own helicopter and what I would consider 2 nice boats attached to it. We were told it was owned by a guy that designed some type of specific switch for the air condition in a vehicle. He sold his rights to Ford and GM back in the 70s. He gets 10 dollars for every Ford and GM vehicle with air condition throughout the world.

That's the way to do it.

19-Mar-14
For example ford produced 5.5 million vehicles in 2008, and that doesn't include GM. Even if only half the vehicles had AC, that's still like winning the powerball every year.

• Sitka Gear