Ace 20-Mar-14
jax2009r 20-Mar-14
Grundle 20-Mar-14
bigbuckbob 21-Mar-14
airrow 13-Apr-14
jdrdeerslayer 14-Apr-14
19-Mar-14

SmoothieJonez's Link
As reported on Fox CT News (attached supporting link).

At least we're getting publicity. They are not reporting correctly however. They are not saying its private land only with landowner's permission.

19-Mar-14
at least it was presented well

20-Mar-14
The proposal, backed by the Department Of Energy And Environmental Protection, would be for the bowhunting season, and only on private property. They did forgot land owner permission

I dont get this .

Some in the legislature argue another hunting day on the weekend could jeopardize the safety of hikers in the woods, but DEEP’s proposal wouldn’t allow bowhunting within 40 yards of an obvious trail.

Are the trails on private property ?? Maybe some land owner could close the trails during the hole deer season how would that go over ?

20-Mar-14
Program designed by DEEP and the wildlife management experts in Redding, CT. White Buffalo dream come true ! Archer`s are in for a big surprise when they find out that WB will now get to shoot their deer on Sunday if the bill pass`s, just like they are doing in Redding, CT now + Sunday. Note the same misinformation of deer number`s ( 40 per square mile ) and the problem of misinformation with regard to deer and tick association ! Say good by to the deer in Fairfield County.

20-Mar-14
Can anyone click on the comment link to the report? It says there are 6 comments but I can't open it.

20-Mar-14
they never mention in this Hiker debate that you are not aloud to hunt in state parks any day and hikers can hike there during hunting season....

just once I would like to hear that

20-Mar-14
That is true some are but alot are not ...Sleeping Giant is loaded with Deer and huge ...no hunting....

not to mention all of the WILDLIFE SANCTUARIES that are closed as well

20-Mar-14
I would love to to buy a property with trails going through. I would close them and put no trespassing signs.

20-Mar-14
Give me a call Crow, I have this nice piece in Redding ... Land Trust all around, plenty of trails.

20-Mar-14
if i owned property which I dont....I would hunt on it on Sundays I dont care what law they pass....

20-Mar-14
these politicians are such a**holes. they have absolutely NO problem selling alcohol on sundays or legalizing pot, but they find it appalling that people would want to hunt on sundays.

21-Mar-14
I belong to Bristol Fish and Game and we had a section of the blue trail on our property. It was a really nice section and I used to ride my mountain in the summer and cross county ski in the winter. Once we got complaints from the Beaners we closed it down and put no tresspassing signs.

13-Apr-14
If Hunters don`t step up and stop what`s happening in Redding, CT there won`t be a deer season in Redding or Fairfield County. Whats next for White Buffalo and the DEEP Wildlife Division, Ritchfield, Weston, Westport ? Lets not forget about Sunday hunting which you fought so hard for. Without enough deer there will be no Sunday hunting.

14-Apr-14
Airrow are you gonna give the same reply on every thread??? Not saying I approve of everything that's been going down but jezz lol

• Sitka Gear