Contributors to this thread:
theshark 20-Mar-14
gobbler 20-Mar-14
Little Bear 20-Mar-14
Bennett2012 21-Mar-14
gobbler 21-Mar-14
Babysaph 21-Mar-14
20-Mar-14
How many deer can be taken with a hunting and trapping license? My understanding is 3, is that correct? If that's the case are additional deer stamps worth it? Does it matter if it's a doe or a buck with a bow?

Sorry if this is a stupid Question Last season was my first I jut want to be legal.

If it matters I'm in Berkeley county.

20-Mar-14
No question is stupid if you don't know the answer. If that were the case I'd be asking stupid questions all day long.(no comments from the peanut gallery). I'd rather talk to someone whose willing to ask questions rather than somebody that thinks they know all the answers.

Anyway, as I understand it the Sportsman license allows you to kill 1 deer of either sex during bow season. 1 buck during rifle season, and 1 deer during muzzleloading season, either a buck or doe depending on county.

If that's not right, somebody please correct me.

20-Mar-14
Not a stupid question, but before I would take anyones answer on here as fact, I would check the regulations - that is the authoritative source.

You may find yourself hunting outside of your county at some point and need to be familiar with all the regs.

Also, bag limits haven't been set yet for the 2014-2015 season. They will be voted on at the May 4 Natural Resources Commission meeting at Stonewall Jackson Resort.

DNR has a survey out now that you can comment on regarding the proposed regulations.

21-Mar-14
Where can I find that survey little bear?

21-Mar-14
There were copies floating around the banquet, and they were given out at the regional public meetings that were held this past Monday and Tuesday . I looked on the DNR website but couldn't see anywhere to download it. Your best bet may be to call the S.Chareston office and ask them to send you one.

21-Mar-14
If you check the regs get an attorney to help you. Lol.

• Sitka Gear