Contributors to this thread:
Bennett2012 21-Mar-14
gobbler 22-Mar-14
Bennett2012 22-Mar-14
sundaynwv 22-Mar-14
gobbler 22-Mar-14
Bennett2012 24-Mar-14
21-Mar-14
Ok so here's the deal been doing a lot of traveling with my job the last two weeks and have come across a guy that works for the company and loves hunting such as myself and we got to talking about goin out west on a hunt for whatever tags we can get while we are there just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on pronghorns that could get me looking in the right direction.............thanks

22-Mar-14
Look at Hiland outfitters in WY. Just google them. I know the owner. He actually lives here in Charleston. His place is 50 miles west of Casper. That's one of the better areas in WY for big antelope. Too late for this year.

22-Mar-14
Ok I thank ya for the info sucks it's to late for the year be worth checking into for next year. If I remember right haven't you been on mt lion hunt?

22-Mar-14
You can still buy a preference point in Wyoming. Highly recommended.

22-Mar-14
That's a good point. Yes you can purchase preference points in WY for antelope, deer, and elk from July thru September. If I remember right, Tom has 3 units he hunts. 2 take a few points and 1 unit I think you can draw with 0 points. Not because it's any worse than the other 2 but because most of it is private ground with limited access to the public unless you go thru the outfitter.

Tom and Alan Bennett formed a semi-partnership. I killed a PY lion back in the early 90s in Nevada so I haven't hunted lions with Alan but he's the one I went with in NM the last couple years for those big bears and the cinnamon bear.

Call Tom and talk to him and let him know what you want and if you decide to go with him take his advice about whether or not to buy points. Antelope points are 30.00. Tell him I sent you and he'll treat you right.

24-Mar-14
Thanks once again for all the info already saving me time and a lot of head aches I can tell lol

• Sitka Gear