Contributors to this thread:
mtink 22-Mar-14
JusPassin 25-Mar-14
4nolz@work 26-Mar-14
t-roy 30-Mar-14
archery95 04-Apr-14
mtink 06-Apr-14
22-Mar-14
How about some reports on just how bad EHD was in your area. How many finds while shed hunting, etc. I'll start by saying I have found 26 dead dear while shed hunting this year, can,t confirm all are a result of EHD but will say most of them are due to location of find location around water and also some of the bucks were still in velvet. The 26, included 12 bucks from forky to a 140 class buck.

From this I can now understand why the hunting was so tough last fall.

Lets hope we get plenty of rain and no draught this year. I don't think we could withstand another hit like the last two years.

Mike

25-Mar-14
I would doubt any are from EHD this time of the year. The mites that transmit wouldn't be around yet. Sure your not finding winter kill?

26-Mar-14
hopefully there is some immunity now that will last a few years before the next outbreak

30-Mar-14
I don't think we had any issues with EHD in central part of the state. (north of Boone). Didn't hear of any & haven't found any dead deer while shed hunting either.

What part of the state mtink?

04-Apr-14
JusPassin when you are out shed hunting and find dead bucks in velvet you can pretty much be assured that they died of EHD last summer.

06-Apr-14
Southern Iowa t-roy and thanks for the help archery95!

mtink

• Sitka Gear