Hunter's Ed Thanks
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Alpinbogen 22-Mar-14
Brad Gehman 23-Mar-14
Rut Nut 24-Mar-14
Two Bar 28-Mar-14
22-Mar-14
Just wanted to give thanks to the Hunter's Ed instructors out there. My oldest just went through the course, while I observed from the back of the room. There was quite a range of age and experience in the class, and I felt the instructors not only did an excellent (and difficult) job in balancing the instruction from young to old, but in catering to individual students. The lead instructor commented that he teaches seventeen of these classes a year, which calculates to donating 1/3 of his Saturdays per year...something I feel is very commendable.

23-Mar-14
Adam, if you took it in Lebanon County, one of the members of our club, Kirby Keller, does so many courses that it shocked me. Lebanon County has 22 instructors, and that isn't enough.

My hat is off to these guys and their ranks are thinning and not being replaced.

24-Mar-14
Yes, I took the course with my son about 6 years ago or so up here in Pike County. VERY well run and the instructors were top rate! Learned some stuff, even after all these years.

These volunteers are outstanding and very much appreciated!

28-Mar-14
I help with two courses a year. Teaching hunter ed is one of the more fun things that I do (besides hunting).

It is very rewarding to see the interest of the students. We always appreciate the way so many of the students thank us at the end of the course.

• Sitka Gear