rampagextwv 27-Mar-14
JayD 27-Mar-14
bubbastump 28-Mar-14
rampagextwv 28-Mar-14
rampagextwv 28-Mar-14
JayD 28-Mar-14
JayD 29-Mar-14
25-Mar-14
I need to find a small disc around Jefferson county to rent or to buy (if the price is right). I need one that is big enough to pull behind my truck to make a food plot. Thanks Dave

25-Mar-14
If you were in the southern part of the state I could help you.

25-Mar-14
I have a disc but it is for a 3 pt hitch so no pulling behind a truck. What are you looking to plant? I have a flexible harrow rake that will rough up the soil enough for a decent seed bed.

A lot of times I will just spray an area with roundup if the weeds are bad - mow it down after things die out - then aerate, seed and use the flexible harrow rake - it makes a great seed bed - and the vegetation that you killed out normally serves as a great mulch!

26-Mar-14
I use a dethatcher and You can pull it behind an atv, works good. If you have acess to scap metals I can help ya make a disc.

27-Mar-14
Thanks JayD and bubbastump. I am going to use throw and grow for my plot. I tried just mowing it last year and planted it and it got a lot of grass up in it so I was thinking if I disc it maybe it would kill a lot of the grass and would grow better. A harrow rake would probably work fine I just never thought of using one.

27-Mar-14
Good luck - if I can help anyway let me know. To kill the grass you may want to think about using some roundup.

28-Mar-14
I'm jafferson county so I'm fairly close if ya want a hand just holler. I live in ranson.

28-Mar-14
Jay, I tried to send you a Pm but it didn't go through. I will mow my plot and get round up on it. I could definitely use you help breaking the ground cause I don't have any equipment to do so. Thanks.

28-Mar-14
Bubbastump Thanks to you also. we need to get together and shoot sometime.

28-Mar-14
I will try sending you a PM with my cell number

29-Mar-14
I could not send a PM yesterday either gonna try again now.

• Sitka Gear