steve 16-Apr-14
CTCrow 16-Apr-14
Ace 19-Apr-14
CTCrow 21-Apr-14
cjb5591 21-Apr-14
Langbow 25-Apr-14
Ace 25-Apr-14
03-Apr-14
anyone have any news on the sunday hunting bill, where do we stand now? thanks for any updates.

03-Apr-14
Latest:

4/3/2014 (LCO) Referred to Office of Legislative Research and Office of Fiscal Analysis 04/08/14 5:00 PM

09-Apr-14
Thx Pat!

09-Apr-14
JUST NOW(10:40am):

4/9/2014 (LCO) File Number 463

4/9/2014 House Calendar Number 271

4/9/2014 Favorable Report, Tabled for the Calendar, House

4/9/2014 (LCO) Reported Out of Legislative Commissioners' Office

09-Apr-14
ok what dose that mean !!!271 sounds high .

09-Apr-14
It means it can be called for a vote on the floor of the house.

Don't worry, we'll probably be at least #436 but they don't call them in # order. They'll just leave us for last.

10-Apr-14

CTCrow's Link
Sunday hunting would generate $769,682 in revenue.

In FY 13, there were two offenses and one was charged.

While not state wide:

Deer Management Zones

DEEP has identified 13 deer management zones throughout the state, and currently estimates that 10 of the zones are overpopulated. DEEP considers a zone overpopulated if it has more than 20 deer per square mile.

10-Apr-14
Yeah,

you off the island. Don't worry, it won't happen unless they fill their pockets.

10-Apr-14
Massive support... Financially viable...good for the state. We are playing by the "rules"

If this does not pass THIS year, it may be time for Massive Civil Disobedience. Just sayin'

10-Apr-14
FOLKS I just talked to a State Rep and here is his response.......

Thanks for the email. I appreciate your comments and share your dissatisfaction. I have proposed to lift the ban on Sunday hunting each year that I have served in the legislature and each year it seems that the bill gets watered down and ultimately fails to become law anyway.

Honestly, I am not confident that it will pass this year either, even it's incredibly watered down state. The only way we will see real change and an improvement in our state's hunting laws will be through a significant change in the makeup of the legislature.

Feel free to call me if you want to discuss this further.

Best,

10-Apr-14
Yep I want a name too.

10-Apr-14
Rep Rob Sampson

10-Apr-14
Might be better if it doesn't pass in this water down state, just saying.

10-Apr-14
Probably time we went the Law Suit route.

Are we wiling to put our money in it?

Sue for Sunday Hunting: All implements, all lands, all game.

11-Apr-14
Ace I agree with you. At the public hearing on Sunday hunting Laura Simon from the Humane society testified even she could see this as a property owners rights issue but couldn't understand this as a management bill. After begging to hunt on our own property for twenty years I am with you,change the strategy it's time to explore other options.

11-Apr-14

CTCrow's Link
You might not be able to sue for money but this isn't for money. This is a property right and separation of state and church issue. The no hunting law is a blue law disigned to keep the sabbath sacred by not allowing people to hunt. All other blue laws have been abolished.

See Rep Hennessey’s remarks at 1:35 “historically, we’ve kept Sunday’s sacrosanct.”. They don’t think marriage is holy but we need to keep people home on Sunday from hunting because Sunday is sacred.

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-bow-hunting-deer-population-0330-20140328,0,4924245.story

11-Apr-14
what is his email I want to ask him if he plays golf on sunday .

11-Apr-14
I don't think his husband would let him because they want the Sabbath holy.

11-Apr-14
If Maine cant get it ....CT never will.....I wish and I barely hunt private land

11-Apr-14
Once again we have if I can't use your land you can't use your land.the problem I can't use my land! We should be able to get our own land with any and all implement s.The only thing I can tolerate is the bag limit being set by the state. I would be okay with 1 buck 1 anterless.

11-Apr-14
It's unlikely that Sunday Hunting will be called next week, they are only in Session for 1 day, Thursday.

Spring Break for part time Legislators I guess.

13-Apr-14
If Hunters don`t step up and stop what`s happening in Redding, CT there won`t be a deer season in Redding or Fairfield County. Whats next for White Buffalo and the DEEP Wildlife Division, Ritchfield, Weston, Westport ? Lets not forget about Sunday hunting which you fought so hard for. Without enough deer there will be no Sunday hunting.

15-Apr-14
Got this from Bob Crook.

The Sunday Hunting bill Now has 2 Stars (XX) and is ready to be debated in the House of Representatives!

The House will meet next on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:30 P.M.

There is no guarantee it will be called on Wednesday, but NOW is the time to Communicate! Although the bill was amended in Environment Committee it is still acceptable.

We urge you to communicate with your legislators in Support of the bill (Below HB 5080).

If they voted for bill HB 5412 in 2013 Bill Status ask them for their support again on bill HB 5080. If they did not, attempt to inform them and change their vote.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/VOTE/H/2013HV-00251-R00HB05412-HV.htm

Make sure you read their vote in the LEFT three columns of their name! Communicate NOW!

XX 0271 H.B. No. 5080 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING DEER MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY AND AUTHORIZING BOW AND ARROW HUNTING ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ON SUNDAYS. SUPPORT.

JFS to floor. VOTE TALLY SHEET http://www.cga.ct.gov/2014/TS/H/2014HB-05080-R00ENV-CV34-TS.htm File No. 463 [pdf] House Calendar Number 271

15-Apr-14
Done,

Just emailed my Rep.

15-Apr-14
sent !

15-Apr-14
Done

15-Apr-14
Ditto

15-Apr-14
Just sent also!

15-Apr-14
Just got this back from my rep.

Chuck,

Thanks for reaching out to me on this bill. I'm very supportive and I will be putting on the House floor for a vote. I will then be trying to convince the Senate to also pass it. I'll keep you updated as to the progress of the bill.

Thanks again, it was good to hear from you.

Joe Aresimowicz

16-Apr-14
Here is what I got from Bob Duff

Thanks Steve. If it passes the House, I'll see what I can do in the Senate.

Bob

16-Apr-14
Just heard from my rep.

Hi Ed:

Doing well, hope you can say the same. I know that Rep Minor is working his magic and I am trying to rally troops in the Dem Caucus. Can't say I know when this will get called for a vote, but I will keep trying.

Regards, Ezequiel

19-Apr-14
I heard that Wednesday is the day in the house.

Email your Reps NOW folks! And your Senators are next.

21-Apr-14
Make your calls boys and girls!!!

21-Apr-14
Just got this back from my rep:

HB5080

Hi Chris, got your message and will do my best.

Marilyn (Giuliano).

She is pro 2nd, did not vote for the gun bill, and she has always supported Sunday hunting.

25-Apr-14
Any update on this bill?

25-Apr-14
Sunday Hunting hasn't been called yet in the House.

In typical political fashion, they have been in session for over 2 months and have only passed 1 Bill. The minimum wage hike passed both Houses and was signed by the Governor. They had to get that done before Obama came to town for the Photo Op.

Now with 2 weeks left in the session they will try to get done what they should have been doing all along. Hundreds of bills left on the "to do" list. And of course they have their reelection campaigns to hurry home to.

I guess since this is who we elect, this is what we get. And we'll keep getting this until we elect some new folks. Damn shame.

• Sitka Gear