Ace 08-Apr-14
Andyw 08-Apr-14
CJD437 08-Apr-14
AntlerAngler 08-Apr-14
AntlerAngler 08-Apr-14
Buckiller 08-Apr-14
Ace 08-Apr-14
08-Apr-14
Guys/Gals, looking to buy a food saver that really does a good job. I have a C;/&!@$ silver that is not doing the job. Just doesn't seal well. Tried all the pre vac seal tricks with still no results. Returned my first one and the second one is doing the same thing. Unfortunately the warranty is up... Would love to hear about ones that work well. Thank you

08-Apr-14
I hear people complaining about there Sealers a lot, and maybe I have just been lucky. I bought a Food Saver several years ago, on a closeout sale that someone here on Bow Site told me about. I think they were 3 for $89. I gave 2 away as gifts and kept the third and it has been running strong ever since. It's a very basic model by Food Saver and as long as I keep it clean it works great. I use Cabela's bags exclusively.

My Girlfriend has a much larger, and more expensive Commercial grade unit from Cabela's, it also work well, except we have had to replace the Teflon Tape several times and the sealing bar once. You can buy a whole roll of the tape on eBay for less than the cost of one piece at Cabela's. We seal leftovers and have done a bunch of deer, pheasants, chickens, and a moose. We have used both units when cutting meat for Game Dinners and they get a heavy workout.

What kind of problems are you having with your unit? And which bags are you using?

08-Apr-14
I have to apologize for this post. Especially to cabelas. My wife usually does all the vac sealing in our home. She asked me to show her how I do it and laughed at me this morning. I was opening the unit before it was totally sealed.. I feel like a knucklehead.

08-Apr-14
I have a Food Saver and I love it!!! Keeps food fresh for a looooong time!

08-Apr-14
I have owned several "food savers" throughout the years and have burned them all out. I finally broke down and bought the commercial grade sealer from cabelas 3 years ago and regret not buying it 10 to 15yrs ago.. The machine is the best ive have owned and absolutely recommend it.. its a bit pricy sellin for about $450 to $500 but well worth the money to be rid of the aggravation.I butcher all my own deer and use it for fish as well. The wife buys chicken in bulk and we seal that with ease to. Good luck choosing a modle for yourself..

08-Apr-14
BTW Ace im not sure if you will remember but I believe you and I met along with Big Jim from the AOL days..I think it was with you that we all hooked up one saturday morning and checked out a piece of property of yours I believe in NY..Back in those days I went by BrokenArrow or knightMuzzle..If its not you sorry for the mixup..lol

08-Apr-14
I have always done better wrapping meat in freezer paper than sealing it. I don't know why but paper just seemed better.

08-Apr-14
Sure I remember you Antler, we had a beer in an Irish Pub at the end of the day as I recall.

• Sitka Gear