Pappy 23-Apr-14
mixed bag 27-Apr-14
Rut Nut 28-Apr-14
Bob McArthur 28-Apr-14
Rut Nut 28-Apr-14
mixed bag 29-Apr-14
Bob McArthur 30-Apr-14
15-Apr-14
Has anyone had any experience with turkey hunting in the poconos. Specifically in and the state game lands around hickory run state park. I plan on taking my son up there for the junior hunt next weekend. I'm wondering if it's gonna be crowded. I did some scouting in the park and and sgl 129 and will be going back up this Friday for some more. Any info would be vey much appreciated. This is our second year hunting and our first time turkey hunting. I'm hooked and I want my son to be, but you know how kids can be if there's no action.

15-Apr-14
I think Bowjo and Pappy are familiar with that area. I'll give them a heads up to this thread.

15-Apr-14
Eric check your PM ASAP. I have a honeyhole for your kid on SGL'S 129 and the Delaware SF. I can guarantee you'll have action.

15-Apr-14
Two thumps up for Bob!!!!

16-Apr-14
Nice Bob! :)

Eric- good luck and let us know how ya make out!

16-Apr-14
Thanks guys. Checking pm now. New to bowsite I thought I would have had an email notification from Replys.

16-Apr-14
Eric, leave your name and number if you get my voicemail

21-Apr-14
Send me a pm and I'll get you my phone number.I hunt all those areas and have a lot of birds located.No problem giving your son a chance at some of them.i'll be out with my 2 boys Saturday.we were out Saturday and Sunday mornings and located over a dozen.One spot has 7 gobblers at it.You could even meet up with me if you like Friday evening to roost some

22-Apr-14
I should tell you guys about Boothill's spot in Armstrong County! LOL.

22-Apr-14
Good luck guys! Great to see all the help here!

23-Apr-14
There's a lot of SGL around Hickory Run. Check PA Rt 534 between the park and White Haven. It goes thru a portion of a SGL with a lot of birds. PA Rt 940 East of its intersection with PA Rt 534 also passes thru the same SGL. On the west side of the Lehigh River is SGL 149, smaller than the other one, but lots of birds there too. Good luck to both you and your son.

27-Apr-14
I guess he found some birds???My son missed one yesterday.We worked 7 different birds and called 3 in.Still henned up and tough working the big ones

28-Apr-14
Tell him to hang in there and keep at it, Scott! :) Sounds like you had a great day, even if no bird!

28-Apr-14
I heard from Eric yesterday.   When they pulled up to my house in the Pocono's on Friday, there were 7 birds in the front of the house, 3 were gobblers.  They roosted behind my neighbors house.  He saw one in a tree and two flew down into the hollow.   In the morning, they set up in between them.  At 6:00 am one gobbled about 50 yards away.  They didn't know they had set up  that close in the dark.  Did some light calling around 7:00 with no response.  They decided to move closer to the gobble, walked about 20 yards and jumped the bird.  They learned a valuable lesson and consider the hunt a success because of the knowledge gained.

I've decided not to hunt behind my house this year until Eric and his son kill a couple of gobblers.

28-Apr-14
Sounds good, Bob. Thanks for the report! :)

Been there, done that(more than once! ;-) One year I kept kicking them off the roost in the dark. Did it 3 Saturdays in a row. Each time, I figured I would stop 60 y shorter. And each week those darn birds moved up about 50y to roost! After the 3rd time, they must have got tired of me harassing them and they were nowhere to found the 4th Sat! ;-)

29-Apr-14
Bob,aren't you in Brier crest development??

30-Apr-14
Yes I am. My property borders SGL 129. It's a long walk fom the SGL parking lot on 903 to the area behind my house, Nobody ever does it. Private property along 115 prevents entry from that way. It's about as private as public land gets.

• Sitka Gear