gamecock 18-Apr-14
SmoothieJonez 18-Apr-14
MassBucks 22-Apr-14
CTCrow 23-Apr-14
SmoothieJonez 23-Apr-14
17-Apr-14

SmoothieJonez's MOBILE embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's MOBILE embedded Photo

What are the chances of finding 2 buck skulls right beside each other? Deep in state land territory. The pic is exactly how I cane upon them.

17-Apr-14
The antlers were sawed off?

Someone might've just hike the venison out. Might be mre bones near by.

17-Apr-14
That's why he gets the big bucks I mean dollars .LOL

17-Apr-14
Looks like a poaching job

17-Apr-14

SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
Funny you say that, Ed. I thought the antler bases looked odd, as if they were cut clean off with a hacksaw. I took a close pic up because I thought the same thing. I did find 1 pelvic bone in the same area, but that's it.

17-Apr-14
Crow beat me too it, looks like a poach job.

18-Apr-14
Sombody could have just dumped the remains of a butcherd deer there any other bones ?

18-Apr-14
Steve, they wouldn't have gone deep just to drop them. They were poached near by.

Hey smooth, I see a bettle larva in the eye socket. Meassure it and I'll tell you how long ago it was killed. Also, take anoter pic of the antler cut to see if I can ID the tool used to cut it. LMAO You are right V, too much CSI and criminal minds.

Or maybe, I just slept in a holiday inn last night!

18-Apr-14
poached!

18-Apr-14
maybe they locked up during the rut some one found them later and cut the antlers off just a thought

18-Apr-14
SWK, this was state land in Tolland area. No need to identify the local idiot hack to me. I know a plethora of them already. I don't scout, shed hunt or hike my hunting spots in the Broadbrook/Hazardville area. I stay far away as possible during off season.

22-Apr-14
Could someone have found two deadheads and just sawed the antlers off seeing how the skulls aren't really worth keeping? I know I have done it before.

23-Apr-14
Where are the rest of the bones if that was the case? If they only took the antlers, there should be 2 piles of bones.

23-Apr-14
Good question, hence the,"Strange Find" title. I searched for a solid 30-40 min in the same area as skulls and came up with nothing but one pelvic bone.

• Sitka Gear