blugrass 20-Apr-14
Schmitty78 20-Apr-14
Don 22-Apr-14
blugrass 22-Apr-14
Show-Me Greg 19-Jun-14
RBN 21-Jun-14
Show-Me Greg 23-Jun-14
17-Apr-14
Just saw on the MDC website that most of the state is limited to one antlerless tag during firearms season in 2014. A handful of counties in the CWD containment zone are allowed two. I for one am happy to see this after the EHD took out a lot of deer in my area!

18-Apr-14
Glad to see the MDC is finally getting on board. Just a little late. I know it was too late in 2012 after the EHD outbreak but I wish they would have started this in 2013. I still can't believe we set near record harvest in 2012 with all the deer killed by EHD that year. And people are still wondering why they didn't see as many deer in 2013.

18-Apr-14
Agree with the new tag limit. I just hope people follow the rules. MDC make it easy for people to cheat.

20-Apr-14
Smart move. How about crossbows for deer archery? I can't find any info about that.

20-Apr-14
It says new for this year you can use a cross bow for spring turkey, but doesn't say there were any changes for the archery season.

22-Apr-14
How about you go to the crossbow forum

22-Apr-14
I use traditional bow and crossbow. I also use a firearm. Does that preclude me from asking a question on Bowsite?? Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

19-Jun-14
In this months conservation magazine.............town hall style meetings to discuss our deer season and changes. 12 different locations and some have already happened!!!!!

Questions being asked by the Department include: • What are your thoughts on the use of crossbows by all hunters during archery season? • Do you have ideas related to moving the November portion of the firearms season back one week? • Do you have comments on the elimination or reduction in the length of the antlerless portion of the firearm season? • Do you think implementing a one-buck limit for archery season or a one-buck annual limit regardless of method is a good or bad idea? • What are your thoughts on continuing or implementing the antler point restriction in the county you hunt?

Go and voice your opinion!

21-Jun-14
Have they decided how many does you can kill with a bow? Is it one doe gun or bow? What about the number of bucks you can kill with a bow?

23-Jun-14
The decisions have NOT been formalized. That is why everybody needs to go to the meetings.

I am going July 2nd, to the meeting in Lee's Summit.

• Sitka Gear