airrow 24-Apr-14
steve 24-Apr-14
Toonces 24-Apr-14
Smoothdraw 24-Apr-14
longbeard 24-Apr-14
bigbuckbob 24-Apr-14
jax2009r 25-Apr-14
20-Apr-14

CDC ITM Study; Redding, CT. White buffalo, Inc. killed ( 48 ) deer illegally by breaking one or more of the CT DEEP special permission rules given them to operate ( 131006 & 131006B ). The total number of deer killed / taken is currently 76 for the first two years, out of those 76 deer taken, White Buffalo, Inc. took 48 or 63 % against the CT DEEP special permission guidelines or rules. On January 9, 2014, Rick Jacobson, director of CT DEEP Wildlife Division told a room with 50 Connecticut hunters, " that if White Buffalo, Inc. broke ( 1 ) rule they were out of the CDC ITM study in Redding, CT ". Needless to say, that has not happened ! The CT DEEP Wildlife Division has bent over backwards and turned a blind eye toward all White Buffalo infractions to the rules they themselves have written, and once the rules were broken stated that the rules or laws no longer apply.

20-Apr-14
Yep, it stinks bad. "Good ol Boys" at its best. One had washes the other. 900.000.00 goes fast, they gotta get it how and while they can.

21-Apr-14
I had dealings with DS in Redding some years ago. My distinct impression at the time was he had no interest in ethical hunting/hunters and zero respect for deer.

22-Apr-14
Slyme,

very likely someone wanted to fill his pockets by getting money from the state/feds to run a study.

Any Idea who that might be?

Say Hi to Tony.

22-Apr-14
Ok, then a question. Are you the spokesman for white buffalo? Or was it a self assigned title?

22-Apr-14
lymefree,

I would love to know who you represent? You're on this site making statements that would carry more weight if we knew where you were coming from.

Having a bias towards, or against hunting makes all the difference in the world to your comments, just as it does with ours.

So I'm Bob and I'm a bow hunter. Your turn.

22-Apr-14
Good idea Bob. I'll go next.

I'm Chas, I'm a Bowhunter too, and volunteer CT Bowhunting instructor, (thanks very much for your help at that class Crow). I'm also a former Redding Deputy Deer Warden.

Back when I was a Deer Warden there was a guy in town who tried to talk residents into allowing hunting on their properties for the purpose of deer reduction. No problem there right? He even put together a website, BeSafe...

Well, the problems came when some of those residents felt strong armed, and were told that they were to just give him signed permission slips and he'd decide who hunted their properties. That didn't sit too well with some of them.

Several times, bowhunters were given slips and told to "hunt the woods behind the house", despite the fact that those woods were not on the piece they had a signed slip for. Other times more than one hunter was told that they could hunt with just 1 slip. A couple of times, places where this man was hunting had stands set up right on the property line, clearly set up for shots across the lines.

Some homeowners told me that this guy told them that the "Redding Deer Warden's crew were just shooting bucks". Our numbers of course proved just the opposite.

This same guy called and tried to recruit several hunters who were hunting on town property; and they were told that he'd get them better properties.

The killing of spotted fawns was encouraged by his hunters, as they were told they better not pass on anything.

This same person never, not once, told the Town Conservation Commission, or the Selectman's Office how many deer he and his gang killed in Redding.

It's hard to imagine that you are trying to make progress towards a certain goal when you don't even report to the people who are in charge. Some concluded that he just wanted all the deer killed.

The former Redding First Selectman asked this certain someone to work with the Deer Wardens, and coordinate his efforts with ours. He refused, saying that he'd rather do his own thing.

A person who was advising the First Selectman called him "the most arrogant person he's ever met". I don't disagree with that assessment, and I suspect that it's not the first time this guy has been called that.

Some of you may be thinking, how did this guy become a hunter? When did he take the Bowhunting Class? How did he get the permit to use a crossbow before they were made legal in zones 11 and 12? Don't the EnConn officers investigate these sort of thing? Good questions! He's been the focus of investigations many times, and by many different jurisdictions, it could be ongoing as far as I know.

Oh, and more recently, he claims to be the Spokesman for White Buffalo, but I couldn't find him listed on any of their official filings.

Does Mr White Buffalo know about this? Is that perhaps what's caused their falling out?

So many questions.

22-Apr-14
Ace - thank you for the information on the chain events, I never would have thought that anyone would work a process liked you described and get away with it. Very sad.

22-Apr-14
I actually went and talked to the man about private land permission in Redding. Never heard back from him but did find out he liked to bring in out of state 'if its brown its down' 'hunters'.

So I had ask myself, why bring out of state hunters when I was local only a few minutes drive from Redding. Unless he was misrepresenting maybe?

I've got no problem taking deer but I'd like some to be left for other seasons and for the next generation. Something out of balance can't be fixed by making the out of balance tilt the other way.

22-Apr-14
He asked for "specific examples" and "facts", I wonder if the results of an EnConn Officer's Investigation are available under FOIA ...

... could make for interesting reading.

22-Apr-14
Wow! that person sounds like an ASSHOLE! I wonder who that person is?

I suspect slyme is not going to take your offer BBB/Ace.

22-Apr-14
"So I had ask myself, why bring out of state hunters?"

BH,

I think (and I mean no disrepect) that out of staters are probably a bit less knoledgeable than local hunters about state laws. They would also be less informed than local hunters about what's going on like WB.

22-Apr-14
There is plenty of hunters from ct that take advantage of the bag limits .

22-Apr-14
Ace Does this ring a bell?

Sounds like "lymefree" is pissed that his dream of wiping out the deer Redding is no longer wet.

REDDING BOARD OF SELECTMEN MEETING August 17, 2009

5. Dave Streit, Town representative to the Fairfield County Deer Management Alliance, made comments and requests regarding deer management in Redding. He asked that the Board of Selectmen endorse the findings on deer-density related problems in the 2008 Town Plan of Conservation and Development. After some discussion, the following motion was made.

Motion: move that the Redding Board of Selectmen formally adopt the findings of the Town Plan of Conservation and Development that effective management to reduce deer density to a level of 10-12 per square mile is essential to public health and safety to reduce the incidence of Lyme disease, to protect the understory of our open spaces, forests and yards, and to reduce or control the number of deer related motor vehicle accidents. Miller, Ketcham. Approved. Unanimous.

Redding Planning Commission P.O. Box 1028 Redding Center, Connecticut 06875-1028

MINUTES

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 Old Town House – 7:30 p.m.

ADDENDUM TO AGENDA Request from David Streit. Discussion regarding help from the Department of Environmental Protection and the Department of Public Health to reduce deer levels to the Town’s goals.

D. Streit reported on the present deer population and the goal of 10-12 deer per square mile. Mr. Streit will draft a letter to be reviewed by the Commission at the next meeting requesting the DEP to make a presentation regarding a plan designed to reduce the deer population to the desired level of 10-12 per square mile.

The informational pamphlet will be sent out with the next tax bills.

REDDING BOARD OF SELECTMEN MEETING Minutes January 10, 2011

Dave Streit, the Redding representative for the Fairfield County Municipal Deer Management Alliance, suggested the DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) be asked to assist with the deer management program. The DEP provides a variety of services that are available at no cost to the Town. Mrs. Ketcham added that Steve Patton of the Nature Conservancy also supports requesting support from the DEP. Mr. Streit commented partnering with the state agencies was beneficial to the Town. He asked the Board of Selectmen to formally request assistance from the DEP.

PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING MINUTES Monday, February 28, 2011

DEER HUNTING AT TOPSTONE PARK’ David Streit of the Fairfield County Municipal Deer Management Alliance addressed the Commission regarding allowed controlled deer hunting at Topstone Park. Mr. Streit would like to begin the application process with the DEP to allow limited deer hunting on the town-owned property. The hunting would be limited to specific times of year, and for two hours after sunset and two hours before sun up. The Board of Selectmen asked the Park and Recreation Commission for their thoughts and input on the subject. Mr. Streit indicated another benefit of the DEP approved process is that the DEP will have grant money to gather and study tick data and study the understory of the Park. Mr. Streit indicated that a letter to DEP is required from the property owner (Town) for approval of a controlled hunt. The Commission would have to send a letter to the Selectmen recommending a controlled hunt program.

Following a long discussion, Commission members were in favor of the program concept.

Motion: move that the Park and Recreation Commission recommend to the Board of Selectmen the approval of the DEP deer hunt program at Topstone Park, allowing a maximum of five hunters within specific time frame to be determined. Dorenbosch, LeBlanc. Approved. Unanimous.

The informational pamphlet will be sent out with the next tax bills.

23-Apr-14
Here is an article that looks to sum up the Lyme agenda - Redding, CT., New First Selectman Julia Pemberton is spending a lot more time with David Streit ( Chairman of - Fairfield County Deer Management Alliance and the primary in - Be Safe Redding.Org. ). It would seem that the " Program " derived in 2009 and initiated in 2012 / 2013 as the CDC ITM tick study, and run by the Connecticut agriculture experiment station ( CAES ) has hit a few snags lately. Killing ( 250 + ) deer may take a little longer to do than anticipated. But with the fraudulently applied for and recently received CDC grant of $900,000, all of us get to share in the cost. The " Program ", which is little more than a slick way to kill ( 250 + ) deer in the town of Redding, Ct. under the disguise of the CDC ITM tick study. Just tell the residents that the deer are the cause of Lyme disease enough times until they start to believe it. Redding had ( 8 ) cases of reported Lyme in 2010 and (10 ) cases in both 2011 and 2012, hardly an epidemic. Next you have to find a way to conduct the extermination without anyone else finding out what you are doing. Find ( 9 + ) private land owners that will let you conduct a tick study on their property, to fend off the coming Lyme disease epidemic. By using private land owners town officials do not have to inform the unsuspecting public what they are doing, ( no public hearing or public notification, etc. ). If you use public / town owed property town officials would have to notify the public. Now you have to find an exterminator to kill the deer and the town of Redding, CT. and CAES chose to use their long time friend, the ** " Sharp Shoot " Company - White Buffalo who charged $1,147 + per deer. Now $1,147 + might sound like a lot of money to kill ( 1 ) deer but one only has to look at one definition of " Sharp Shoot " to understand Why ? ** " Sharp Shoot " - " A person who engages in short-term business dealings with the purpose of making a large, quick profit without regard to scruple ". First selectman Julia Pemberton and " The Program " coordinator David Streit forgot to explain to White Buffalo that they could only shoot deer located on the private property, that they actually had written permission for. White Buffalo, Inc. ( operating at night ) proceeded to shoot from " their truck " on private property at deer that where on both land trust and town owned properties of Redding, Ct. Unfortunate for White Buffalo is the fact that each deer killed on the town owned property ( which they did not have written permission for ) come with a heavy fine of $500 +. White Buffalo was very successful on this property where they killed ( 16 ) deer x $500 = approximately $8,000 +. White Buffalo used a second Redding property that had given the town permission for the ITM study, but the property was outside of the ITM one square mile test area by ( 1/8 + mile ), so the special permit issued by CT. DEEP was invalid for the property. White Buffalo killed ( 4 ) deer on this property. It looks like the State of Connecticut DEEP and / or the CDC may be getting back quite a bit of the money they paid White Buffalo when you consider that they worked from ( 9 ) different locations in town.

23-Apr-14
Lyme please tell us it isnt so !

23-Apr-14
Crow, that was on possibility I thought of. There is also the POSSIBILITY that out of state guys would 'bend' the rules and be untouchable once back across the state line. The only person who really knows won't tell unless compelled to do so.

23-Apr-14
What does that even mean? Now you're bragging about White Buffalo???

Dude, don't you get it...we bowhunters don't want to kill/exterminate the deer. It's about conservation of a renewable species.

I've got a big bag of popcorn....I can't wait for your next post. You can't make this stuff up.

23-Apr-14
Bloodtrail, You couldn't have said it better. Thank you! Bow hunters need to remain united. I'm really getting tired of this Slyme idiot. He's like a train wreck.

23-Apr-14
How would you know what happened at the Putnam Park meeting? Word is you were too scared to attend. Word from Hartford that is.

Edited to correct a typo that apparently bothered him so much he forgot to contest the fact that he wasn't at the meeting.

24-Apr-14
I have a ? How do you plan to keep deer at 10 per mile even if you got there ,have wb come back every couple of years ? The food is there to carry over 60 deer per mile just think if we has hunters united and didnt hunt for 2 years you would be back in the same boat .Its called math .

24-Apr-14
"Let's stick to the science of this....not the emotion."

Love the name-calling, whining and anger towards us. Is that considered emotional??

Munch munch munch...can someone pass me some more butter for these delicious kernels?

24-Apr-14
Let me get this str8 lyme. Because people opposed exterminating deer themselves it's their fault that WB had to come do it for them? AND that makes them idiots? You, sir, are not only a horse's behind but you need to take a course in logic.

24-Apr-14
Lymeidiot......hunters took over 6000 deer with archery equipment and over 11,000 total in CT last year alone....much more than your WB jerk offs....

do the math

you need us for your "epidemic" much more than we need you

you should be posting thank you and be on your way

24-Apr-14
Thanks for the update on White Buffalo kills for 2013 ( 54 ) total. That means that they killed ( 3 ) more than they reported. No real surprise here being that they have ready killed 63% of their take illegally. Three more violations for White Buffalo, Inc. directly from their spokesman. Keep talking !

24-Apr-14
And we are for free .Would of cost 6 million for wb.

24-Apr-14
"The problem in Fairfield County is a health crisis"

To quote Inigo Montoyo "I do not think it means what you think it means."

If I am wrong I suggest going in and editing this wikipedia article and adding the Gold Coast Lyme Disease Pandemic right in between the Hatian Earthquake and Japanese Tsunami so it gets the attention it deserves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Crisis

Thankfully we have White Buffalo playing the role of Red Cross and coming to the aid of victims of this crisis. Maybe you can can recruite George Clooney to host a telethon.

24-Apr-14
Who has jurisdiction over deer... the state or individual towns? If other towns agreed with the White Buffalo extermination plan, can they follow that route? I believe the towns would need to be granted permission from DEEP to hire White Buffalo. Am I correct? If that's the case, Slymeball, WB, and all his cronies / Selectmen would have to win over DEEP. I don't think they can do it...they're a bunch of weasels. DEEP will see right through them.

24-Apr-14
Toonces I like your sense of humor!!!White Buffalo the Red Cross...Blahahahaha Now thats funny!!

24-Apr-14
Hey V,

we could get 54 in broad daylight, hunting legally with a high powered rifle,.........IF there are that many deer out there as some people seem to think. Hell, I could of shot 6 with my bow last year on state land hunting just 60 hours, and we all know there's no deer on state land, so stay away from where I hunt ;)

25-Apr-14
The Dept of Agriculture does it too.....all of CT....we just dont read about it

• Sitka Gear