laketrout 17-Jul-14
Mint 05-Aug-14
SJJ 28-Sep-14
Jdawg 30-Sep-14
Bb12083 01-Oct-14
BH91 01-Oct-14
Tbunao 07-Nov-14
23-Apr-14
Saw what I thought was a HUGE mink in deer season, saw it again closer this week and it is a fisher. In Chemung County, that's a first for me. They are awesome looking and it ate something under the duff and I was close enough to see it impressive set of teeth!

23-Apr-14
I've seen a few myself in Madison County. They are very cool but tough on the turkeys for sure.

23-Apr-14
very common where I hunt in Albany Co. See them every year and get pictures on my trail cams as well. I think they are very tough on the turkey as Whitetail said.

24-Apr-14
they love those eggs....

24-Apr-14

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

24-Apr-14

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
I'm gonna say these guys are in part responsible for the decline in turkeys in my area....

24-Apr-14
Have caught several on cameras in 7P, and have seen them on occasion while bowhunting....Tom

24-Apr-14
Have caught several on cameras in 7P, and have seen them on occasion while bowhunting....Tom

25-Apr-14
I was watching a large one last year in 4O after turkey hunting on our land. I have seen them in CT over the past couple of years as well. STM.

25-Apr-14
We have a pair by us in 7M.

27-Apr-14
Saw two this year in two different hunting locations in 7P. The one was after a gray squirrel these things a relentless hunters he chased the gray squirrel for about twenty minutes up and down the in the trees.

30-Apr-14
I've seen them in 7A and a lot of sign on the snow. Also game camera pics over deer carcasses. I might welcome them as one of their main prey animals is squirrels.......which chew on shed antlers!

Neighbors brother was live trapping porcupines who were getting under his camp on Tug Hill and chewing everything up. Caught one or more Fishers (who it seems we're preying on the porcupines) and he said they were super nasty when in the trap.

05-May-14
Been seeing them for yrs here in 4o. & yes I have read that they are one of the porcupines main predators. We have a lot of porky's here also. Good size to the fishers I have seen.

05-Jul-14
I located a fisher den. Not only were there turkey remains around the den entrance, but I found the wing of an owl, and the tail of a red tailed hawk.....they are one wicked predator.....

07-Jul-14
Now that's depressing.

07-Jul-14
Now that's depressing.

13-Jul-14
Den.....a tree den?

17-Jul-14
We've been getting a few on trailcams here in 8t the last couple years. Moving north from PA.

05-Aug-14

Mint's Link
One of them made it to the Bronx. The rats probably don't know what hit them. See link

28-Sep-14

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

30-Sep-14
SJJ you've got more than your share of Fisher down your way. Good pics....those fishers look pretty sleek but will look like little wolverines when they get prime. As you know, I pride myself in the ability to locate fisher strictly by scent.hahah.

01-Oct-14
In the Greene and Albany county's, we have had fishers steadily for the past 5 to 6 years. I personally know a trapper who caught 8 on the same piece of land last year. I've also noticed the abundance of turkey's we've had this year. Any flock I've seen has had at least 15 in it. Some would have 15 Jakes alone. I have trouble believing that the fishers alone could wipe out the turkey population in any one area.

01-Oct-14
A friend said they saw a fisher cross my driveway this morning and I saw a really big one walking through my swamp to my deer stand today. Probably the biggest fisher I've seen around here. Couldn't get a picture before he jumped into the brush.

07-Nov-14
I've seen several in Tioga county over the past couple of years.

• Sitka Gear