4nolz@work 03-Jul-14
SteveD 04-Jul-14
Ollie 07-Jul-14
4nolz@work 08-Jul-14
jjs 14-Jul-14
IaHawkeye 19-Jul-14
4nolz@work 21-Jul-14
01-May-14
I heard rumors of legalization this year does anyone know if anything happened with it?

01-May-14
I think it's still over 70 or handicapped. If it's changed I haven't heard so. Hope it stays that way.

30-Jun-14

midwest's Link
Legal during the late muzzy/bow season.

01-Jul-14
the beginning of the end

03-Jul-14
No, the beginning of the end occured when they let in compounds. It's been a downhill slide ever since.

03-Jul-14
just a matter of time until the November Rut woods are full of crossbows-they will either decimate the herd or wound the herd because the sheer numbers of hunters will explode.

04-Jul-14
Bruce you are spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-Jul-14
Non-resident archery hunters should be very concerned should crossbows become legal in the archery-only season. The best zones already take 3 years to draw. Legalize crossbows and even more non-residents will apply for the archery tag which is capped at 35% of total tags for each zone. That would add another 1-2 years to present time required to draw an archery tag.

Residents should be equally concerned. Legalized crossbows means more people in the woods especially during the rut when the big bucks are most vulnerable. Yes, I know...opposing crossbows is politically incorrect to many hunters who promote the big tent theory. Not to mention those of us in opposition are labeled "greedy." Not going to join you in your big tent nor am I willing to make it any easier than it already is to participate. Crossbows are not archery equipment and have no business in any season outside gun or muzzleloading seasons.

08-Jul-14
Amen.I have seen the results of poorly prepared crossbow hunters and its largely pathetic.

14-Jul-14
Be truthful, the average Iowain deer hunter (shooter) could figure out away shooting a broad head out of a gun/rifle and call it bowhunting they would be making it legal. You can control your private land but what little public land that is in Iowa will be done with. As in QDM the private landowners need to make a pact that no crossbow be allowed unless a amputee or a paraplegic and that would have a big impact. Sad to see it coming in my home st. or any st. in the bowhunting season; just have a hard time wrapping my mind around this selfish mindset. I want it all and expect it all mentality that is killing bowhunting quality. Write your st. rep and DNR and tell them hell no.

19-Jul-14
"Average Iowa (Iowain, ?) bow hunter would ....". What a ridiculous, unverifiable statement that is !!!!

21-Jul-14
I thought I was an Iowegian.

• Sitka Gear