Bogey 14-May-14
Bogey 14-May-14
roger 14-May-14
60X Strings 18-May-14
horsethief51 28-May-14
14-May-14

Bogey's embedded Photo
Bogey's embedded Photo
I have had the joy of connecting on two gobblers the last two days. Last year was the first year I hunted turkeys with a bow and it has quickly became my new addiction. A friend of mine gave me the idea of building a decoy out of real turkey feathers. Mine is made from a old faded decoy with real tail feathers, wings and some back feathers. Mount it to a piece of 1/2" PVC and stick on an old arrow shaft. Then I wrap string around PVC and it can be spun around from the blind. We usually set the decoy around ten yards from the blind and it has amazed me how close these birds will get and not spook! Not sure if we have just been getting lucky but these types of decoys have proved to be very deadly.

Anyone else had experiences with this type of setup?

14-May-14

Bogey's embedded Photo
Bogey's embedded Photo

This jake may set a state record for the smallest gobbler shoat with a bow;)

14-May-14
Nice job.

14-May-14
Wow- Congrats! And LOL on the "state record"! :)

Been tryin' for years off and on to get one with the bow.

14-May-14
Congrats on the birds. Were you hunting from a blind or out in the open?

14-May-14

Bogey's embedded Photo
Bogey's embedded Photo
From a blind .

Here's the decoy I rigged up, a little ruff looking but has worked well so far

14-May-14

Bogey's embedded Photo
Bogey's embedded Photo
Here's a pic of the bottom. I just took a piece of 1x and ruffle cut to the contour of original decoy, then attached the PVC pipe

14-May-14
Bogey, good for you, but I still think I hold that record. ;^) Congrats, again........a season to remember!

18-May-14

60X Strings's Link
Congrats on a great season

28-May-14

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Took me 14 more days to get my second bird on an evening hunt. This time with my compound bow. Very little calling required. I was in the blind that Dan Zerbe brought here for opening day. Shot was under 25 yards. I had pictures of 2 birds in front of the blind from last weekend. Two birds gobbled in this field at 10 AM but I just missed getting a crack at them.

• Sitka Gear