Sitka Gear
Elk Anyone ???
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Teeton 18-May-14
C.Beck 26-May-14
ilandhunter 04-Jun-14
18-May-14
Ok now that all the draws are up and I/we didn't draw anyplace and my friend that I was going to go with drew and muledeer tag and can't do the elk hunt with me this year. So now I'm looking for a partner.

I and (2 other guys) are going to do our old standby which is going to be Colorado elk.. I've been doing elk hunts out west for the last 20 plus years. I drive out and meet up with the 2 other guys out there. 1 of them lives in Colorado one lives in Louisiana. Between the 3 of us we have 200 plus days in the unit we hunt. The first few days we hunt 2 spots that's hunted from the road. If the elk are not there we backpack in to other spots we know.. So U'll need good or have to get good backpacking gear.. I've been a backpacker all my life so I can help u with gear if needed.

This unit is not a easy unit in any of the places we hunting. So being or getting in shape is very important. Hunting can be at 8500k to as high as 12k. So the air can get thin. One of our favorite spots is 5 miles back in.

This is a 2 week hunt with about 10/11 full days hunting. I will be leaving Pa (driving) on Friday 9/12 after work and try to be back home on Saturday 9/27 trying to have 2 nights in my own bed so I'm rested for work on Monday. We will be hunting the last 2 weeks of the Colorado archery season.

Some other note's..

We drive mostly straight thru. Leaving around 5pm Friday the 12th (this time can be modified depending on your local) and hint Denver Co about 6/7pm western time on Saturday. Sometimes we get a hotel room west of Denver and sleep. Some times we pull off the road and setup a tent on the million's of acre's of pubic land Colorado has. We will most likely start hunting Sunday afternoon. We most likely will leave to come back on Thursday the 25th. I/we most of the time drive straight thru back home, but not always. All fuel costs are split on trip. Fuel costs will be around $400 to $450 each at $3.75 a gallon. License cost (elk) this year will be around $600. This is not a fly by night hunt and will be a fair chase with all the Colorado Dow rules being followed.

I really would like someone that's hunted out west before, but if ur very willing to get well prepared all around.. I can look past that. If interested pm or email me at [email protected] in the subject line put "Colorado Archery Elk" ....

Thanks for reading Ed

Ps If you send me a PM here on the bowsite please post on this thread that you sent me one, for some reason p-m's that I get only show me a notice that I got one on my home computer.... Thanks again,, Ed

26-May-14
This is a dream trip for me. I wont be able to do a trip like this for sometime. I would love to join you guys though. Do you have any pics of camp? Scenery or game?

04-Jun-14
What unit will you be hunting in

• Sitka Gear