bear caught in Montco (5D)
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
daleheth 19-May-14
mixed bag 19-May-14
Rut Nut 20-May-14
mixed bag 21-May-14
19-May-14
Last week they darted a bear in Abington Township, Montco. it was a 125lb male out looking for love it was actually seen inside Philadelphia city limits a time or 2 before PAGC caught up to it just out of Philly. a few weeks ago a buck hit on the Ben Franklin bridge in center city and now this. It is getting to be just like the movie 12 Monkeys.

19-May-14
Not sure he was looking for love.robably got hs butt kicked a few times trying to establish his own territory.ust about mating season though.Bears are all over up here this year.I thought last year was incredible but with the late rifle season dates not many got killed here.I have 3 around my yard,saw 4 in the gamelands together a mile down the road,and walked up on huge one turkey hunting.I'm not even looking for them yet. I think with this heavy of a population up here this year,alot will be moving south of blue mountain into 5C to get their own territories.The 5C hunt may just produce another bear or 2 this season

20-May-14
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Usually the young males are out looking for their own territory.

Scott- I hope you're right! :) Would be cool to have another one(or 2) hanging in camp this year!

When Dale and I talked to the WCO down in 5C while checking in his bear last year, we found out alot of interesting facts. One of which was they found the Blue Mountain was a major East/West travel corridor for bears. Evidently alot of them were traveling all along the Blue Mountain from Dauphin Co(Harrisburg) all the way into NJ. And then they would travel south from there into 5C and 5B to some extent. He said one of the reasons it was a major travel route was the long continuous mountain range with few roads crossing it.

21-May-14
Perry, that makes a lot of sense.I know they release quite a few bears on the blue mountain too

• Sitka Gear